over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

starting to get a little worried about cholesterol

Cholesterol is basically a "flag" for things to look for. Drug companies love pointing the finger at it because so many peoples have bad numbers and they make a killing selling drugs to the masses of ignorants. Obviously if you have bad cholesterol, you need to pay attention to the root causes. Having bad cholesterol does not mean that you are building up arterial plaque (Atherosclerosis). That is complete and total bullshit. In many if not most cases, eating denatured/processed fats (overcooking/low quality) can and will cause atherosclerosis EVEN if you have perfect cholesterol numbers.

There are many other factors to consider like your lipid profile (fats in blood) and blood pressure. How are those? If those are well in the normal range, Id consider the bad cholesterol less of an issue. What about your genetics? Mom and dad have bad numbers? If so, cant do much except control what and how you eat and exercise. Make sure you eat your fats properly (unprocessed EFAs or essential fatty acids). Eat your egg yolks raw, grass fed meats, raw nuts, organics, etc. In addition, 10 minutes of moderate cardio everyday in addition to training for heart health.

IMPORTAN NEWS ON LDL THAT I LEARNED YESTERDAY FOR THE 1ST TIME

They had a very good report on CNN yesterday and I heard something I have never before. They were talking about the size of your LDL particles. It turns out that someone can have a lower LDL than another guy but the guy with higher LDL can have less risk for cardiovascular disease! They found that the dangerous LDL particles are the ones that are small and that the big LDL particles dont pose as much threat. So if you have a high % of small LDL particles, even if your total LDL is low, you can be at risk. Maybe this explains why some guys can walk around with LDLs of 180+ and never have any heart problems!
They said that the small particles cause more damage to the walls of arteries. This makes sense because they must be moving at a higher rate of speed and have more momentum. The large particles just kinda bounce off the walls but the small ones lodge in there and do the damage.

i think you should stay off the superdrol for a few months and then check again. that may be the whole issue.

I've taken pro hormones before and they're the only thing that's ever messed up my blood work.

you're 26 and it should be easy to get the hdl back up but you're going to have to commit to following through, man.

it is very tempting to continue blasting even with bad blood work if you feel like you're close to your goals.

the blood test was done 4 weeks after being off superdrol. I stopped superdrol immediately once i experienced the first nose bleed in my entire life while at work. It scared the crap out of me so that was it right there. Problem is I am not helping matters by starting dbol 3 weeks after my HDL tested at 20. I also forgot to mention I was on arimidex at the same time my cholesterol was checked. I didn't realize it had an effect at the time. Poor research on my part

Cholesterol is basically a "flag" for things to look for. Drug companies love pointing the finger at it because so many peoples have bad numbers and they make a killing selling drugs to the masses of ignorants. Obviously if you have bad cholesterol, you need to pay attention to the root causes. Having bad cholesterol does not mean that you are building up arterial plaque (Atherosclerosis). That is complete and total bullshit. In many if not most cases, eating denatured/processed fats (overcooking/low quality) can and will cause atherosclerosis EVEN if you have perfect cholesterol numbers.

There are many other factors to consider like your lipid profile (fats in blood) and blood pressure. How are those? If those are well in the normal range, Id consider the bad cholesterol less of an issue. What about your genetics? Mom and dad have bad numbers? If so, cant do much except control what and how you eat and exercise. Make sure you eat your fats properly (unprocessed EFAs or essential fatty acids). Eat your egg yolks raw, grass fed meats, raw nuts, organics, etc. In addition, 10 minutes of moderate cardio everyday in addition to training for heart health.

blood pressure was fine. the only other abnormalities were RDW was slightly above range. Liver actually came back to normal by then. hematocrit was normal, LDL was normal, etc. There was one other slight abnormality I am forgetting but I was told not to worry much about it

genetics for health are good for the most part, except for the fact my grandfather on my mom's side abruptly died of a heart attack at 56. This is not good, even though my heart was tested as fine when I got my last checkup (same day as blood work).

Everyone else lived long, including my dad who smoked cigarettes his whole life.

They had a very good report on CNN yesterday and I heard something I have never before. They were talking about the size of your LDL particles. It turns out that someone can have a lower LDL than another guy but the guy with higher LDL can have less risk for cardiovascular disease! They found that the dangerous LDL particles are the ones that are small and that the big LDL particles dont pose as much threat. So if you have a high % of small LDL particles, even if your total LDL is low, you can be at risk. Maybe this explains why some guys can walk around with LDLs of 180+ and never have any heart problems!
They said that the small particles cause more damage to the walls of arteries. This makes sense because they must be moving at a higher rate of speed and have more momentum. The large particles just kinda bounce off the walls but the small ones lodge in there and do the damage.

this is very good to know. thanks

the blood test was done 4 weeks after being off superdrol. I stopped superdrol immediately once i experienced the first nose bleed in my entire life while at work. It scared the crap out of me so that was it right there. Problem is I am not helping matters by starting dbol 3 weeks after my HDL tested at 20. I also forgot to mention I was on arimidex at the same time my cholesterol was checked. I didn't realize it had an effect at the time. Poor research on my part

blood pressure was fine. the only other abnormalities were RDW was slightly above range. Liver actually came back to normal by then. hematocrit was normal, LDL was normal, etc. There was one other slight abnormality I am forgetting but I was told not to worry much about it

genetics for health are good for the most part, except for the fact my grandfather on my mom's side abruptly died of a heart attack at 56. This is not good, even though my heart was tested as fine when I got my last checkup (same day as blood work).

Everyone else lived long, including my dad who smoked cigarettes his whole life.

this is very good to know. thanks

I really find it hard that you never ended up with a bloody nose with your charming demeanor=-)LOL.....just kidding buddy.

oh dude,

it could really be the arimidex. I'm sure you'll be fine.

my liver values were messed up for 6 months after taking some of those pro hormones.

I really find it hard that you never ended up with a bloody nose with your charming demeanor=-)LOL.....just kidding buddy.

lollll I've never gotten in a fight. I am the type to avoid those and try to become friends with the guy who wants to fight. But I have had a bloody nose once before when a little girl jumped on me in a swimming pool and landed on my nose...but that had nothing to do with blood pressure

oh dude,

it could really be the arimidex. I'm sure you'll be fine.

I hope. Does arimidex really affect it that much?

lollll I've never gotten in a fight. I am the type to avoid those and try to become friends with the guy who wants to fight. But I have had a bloody nose once before when a little girl jumped on me in a swimming pool and landed on my nose...but that had nothing to do with blood pressure

I hope. Does arimidex really affect it that much?

Lmao, you know i am just busting your balls.

I think you know all the answers to your questions. Just stay away from the likes of sdrol... thats a great start. Diet is obvious... I imagine you have read all about the mountaindog diet etc so try to incorporate more of those foods in your diet.

I don't understand your situation though. You say you don't want to be a mass monster. But at 26 you are blasting and cruising large amounts and taking tren, sdrol etc. Plus the insulin too... I don't see the need.

By the way are you cruising on 500mg test :confused: What are you blasting? I don't think your gonna come off. And if you do it won't be for long. By the way thats cool cos I understand not wanting to come off cos trust me it's crap :) But I would suggest cruising on a real TRT dose if your gonna do it.

Are you taking the likes of niacin and red yeast q10 etc?

Cholesterol problems dont cause heart attacks. Inflamation does

cruising on a real trt dose...so 200mg? or lower?

cruising on a real trt dose...so 200mg? or lower?

Real TRT? Then typically I've seen 100-200mg E5D. So 140-280mg per week. I'm currently on 175mg/wk.

Very true

It's called VLDL (very low density lipo-proteins). You can have it checked with a V.A.P. blood test.

Here's some info...
Atherotech Diagnostics Lab. The VAP Cholesterol Test. Your Heart Partner

Yes, I read a very good article on this months ago, I wish I saved the link to it. If I find it I will post it.

I think you know all the answers to your questions. Just stay away from the likes of sdrol... thats a great start. Diet is obvious... I imagine you have read all about the mountaindog diet etc so try to incorporate more of those foods in your diet.

I don't understand your situation though. You say you don't want to be a mass monster. But at 26 you are blasting and cruising large amounts and taking tren, sdrol etc. Plus the insulin too... I don't see the need.

By the way are you cruising on 500mg test :confused: What are you blasting? I don't think your gonna come off. And if you do it won't be for long. By the way thats cool cos I understand not wanting to come off cos trust me it's crap :) But I would suggest cruising on a real TRT dose if your gonna do it.

Are you taking the likes of niacin and red yeast q10 etc?

I guess it's one of those things where I wanted to reach my goal physique as fast as possible. My biggest weakness is lack of patience. I have that "I want results yesterday" mentality. I know it's not good, but I have to say I can't argue with the results. I've had diet and training down to a tee for years. I was stuck at my genetic limit before starting and I didn't start at too young of an age so I did that part right. I just went nuts that I couldn't grow any more no matter what I did. As far as the insulin goes, even I feel weird about using it since I fear the gut the pros have so I think that after next week, that will be the end of that. Never got hypo or anything though

yea I took a chance cruising on 500mg test, when my blast dose was 700mg. I wanted to see if I could still grow during the cruise phase and I knew I couldn't do it on 200mg like the last two times.

I agree that I don't think I will come off, and to be honest, I don't want to, but I will go lower dose test cruise. At least 300mg and then maybe work it lower depending on health and bloodwork. My goals after this will be to just maintain my physique while also maintaining health

and I am not using niacin or red yeast. Bad, I know

Stay away from Superdrol, my HDL was at 16 after 4 weeks of using it. I will never use SD or any other orals again.

Now I'm at 42 HDL...actually my entire cholesterol result readings were pretty good. How long have you been technically on?

I would not suggest TRT at 26, but you might have your mind made up. If you are able to recover, I would come off completely.....but thats just me.

I guess it's one of those things where I wanted to reach my goal physique as fast as possible. My biggest weakness is lack of patience. I have that "I want results yesterday" mentality. I know it's not good, but I have to say I can't argue with the results. I've had diet and training down to a tee for years. I was stuck at my genetic limit before starting and I didn't start at too young of an age so I did that part right. I just went nuts that I couldn't grow any more no matter what I did. As far as the insulin goes, even I feel weird about using it since I fear the gut the pros have so I think that after next week, that will be the end of that. Never got hypo or anything though

yea I took a chance cruising on 500mg test, when my blast dose was 700mg. I wanted to see if I could still grow during the cruise phase and I knew I couldn't do it on 200mg like the last two times.

I agree that I don't think I will come off, and to be honest, I don't want to, but I will go lower dose test cruise. At least 300mg and then maybe work it lower depending on health and bloodwork. My goals after this will be to just maintain my physique while also maintaining health

and I am not using niacin or red yeast. Bad, I know

I think you would be surprised of what you can accomplish on 200mg of test a week, peptides, 2-3 IU's of GH, Moutain man diet, proper sleep and high volume training. Try the niacin-it helps.

I am 21 years older than you; trust me I still want to look good, be big and strong but if I would of continued to do what I did 20 years ago I would of probably caused some irreversible damage that would of kept me from training at the level I am at today.

I don't want to sound like your father but your body is telling you to take a break. Get things back to normal and then hit it hard again if you desire.

I'm not sure how to answer your question. But here's what I'm thinking - While your HDL is that low there is a much higher propensity for LDL to stick to the inner walls of your arteries.

Unfortunately the problem is that when you get off and normalize, even if you end up back in range, the cholesterol that stuck to the inner walls doesn't just come back off. It stays. So you really won't see the the negative effects of what you are doing until you get older and your arteries start losing their elasticity.

At that point you may have your first heart attack and end up with a stent or two or even more. This is assuming that at that advanced age you are in good enough health to live through the heart attack.

...just my 0.02 cents:cool:

With all due respect cholesterol doesn't just arbitrarily "stick" to vessel walls. If it did, we'd all be dead by age 10. Cholesterol (or the components of cholesterol, HDL, LDL, VLDL etc) "sticks" to arterial walls when there is a disruption in flow (caused by nicks, torn/ripped walls etc) and these micro tears/rips occur in vessels as they age (one gets older), from stress, as well as other factors such as hypertension. It also happens over prolonged periods of hyperlipidemia. Someone this young has very little to worry about IF he manages to lower/increase his serum levels to "normal" and doesn't allow his profile to remain like this for an extended period of time.

It appears that he's aware that this needs be addressed before it does lead to potential health concerns. I'm actually quite impressed that someone this young possesses the common sense to make changes before it does manifest into something serious.

Your numbers aren't that bad considering what you were taking. I've had my HDL at 3....yes 3 and LDL of 250. That was after running anadrol with cycle and a couple months after I stopped.
I think you'll be fine, at least you did blood work and you know to watch it now and what not to take from here on out.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131