over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stomach Virus

intense1

Registered
I have had stomach virus since Tuesday night! No matter what I eat I am in the bathroom 30 min to an hr later! It seems as if everything I eat or even protein powder is passing right through me! I have taken like 13 immodium in the last 3 days and that is not helping! Should I continue forcing myself to eat even though I really have no appetite? Am I getting any nutrients out of my food or portein since it is passing through me so quickly? This really sucks! I am 9 days into Universal's Animal Test! Any suggestions much appreciated!

You need to eat no matter what brother. You may not be getting all the nutrients from your food cause you are passing it out so fast. But don't worry hopefuly it will pass soon. As for a stomach virus, my suggestion would be to try and NOT take so many immodiums. If it is a true virus you want try and get it out of your system as fast as possible. The immodium slows you down from going to the bathroom so much, thus holding onto the virus that much longer. BUT, only you can be the judge of how long can you not take it before it gets on your nerves and want to stop the flow.

I am not sure that it is slowing the flow I have been to the bathroom over 20 times in the last 3 days! I damn sure want this virus out of me as soon as possible! I feel weak as hell should I stil try and train? I was hoping that it would be gone by now! Thurs-Sun are my only days to train right now due to work and family! Thanks!

had same thing 3 weeks ago

all i can say is hang in there. mine was painfull as hell and really f@#$ed me up. i tried going to work and spent so much time in the bathroom and coming out looking exhausted they TOLD me to go home.
i guess you should try to eat, but i was in so much pain i just couldn't. at least get lots of fluids in you. STEELE

Last edited:
I am not sure that it is slowing the flow I have been to the bathroom over 20 times in the last 3 days! I damn sure want this virus out of me as soon as possible! I feel weak as hell should I stil try and train? I was hoping that it would be gone by now! Thurs-Sun are my only days to train right now due to work and family! Thanks!

I don't think you will have the strength to train anyway. Plus training without the proper nutrition for your body(muscles) means nothing. You'll just be spinning your wheels. Take the time off bro, get stronger and come back harder.

Some folks can train with the flu or cold, but they are holding down food where as you can't. I wouldn't want to see you passout at the gym from a lack of nutrition and strength.

I only recommend this with caution. Epsom salt 1 tablespoon in 16 oz of water, you will crap like a volcano BUT whatever is in there will come out, I have used this just 4 months ago after getting a bug the kids brought home from school. I had to stay near a bathroom for 12 hours, I was anyway, but the mixture draws all the water into your bowels and it flushes you clean. Afterwards you need to drink plenty of water and have some bananas and fiber.

Sounds far out but it works

Intense1 I have been going through similar simptoms the last couple of days (4) I think I didnt cook my chicken enough. Sharp stomach pains the runs vomiting... anyways I decided to stray from my diet. I made some beef tacos didnt strain the grease. I think it flushed through my system and got all the ick out. Just my two cents. GOOD LUCK! Hardhanger

Are you / did you vomit at all??

Is it diarrhea ??? (sorry for being gross but I need to know)

Could it be food poisoning??? OR are you sure it's an air borne virus???

STEEDA~

Keep drinking plenty of water, i've had many a stomach bug on trips to egypt, and dehydration is what will kill you first. As has been said, don't take immodium, it'll only prolong things. If your hardcore like my old diving instructor, drink a bottle of 60% whisky and kill the mother thats living inside you:D (really, don't try it...)

Try bland foods, nothing that requires too much digestion, i like plain crisps, kit-kats, something you can mull over in little bites. Sports drinks are good to help with your electrolyte balance.

Other than that, get a good book and a seat cushion...

I have had stomach virus since Tuesday night! No matter what I eat I am in the bathroom 30 min to an hr later! It seems as if everything I eat or even protein powder is passing right through me! I have taken like 13 immodium in the last 3 days and that is not helping! Should I continue forcing myself to eat even though I really have no appetite? Am I getting any nutrients out of my food or portein since it is passing through me so quickly? This really sucks! I am 9 days into Universal's Animal Test! Any suggestions much appreciated!

always try to drink plenty of fluids when sick like this to prevent dehydration.

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic