Newbies
stats/facts
height: 6'3"
wt: 215
bf: 13%
bf lost: 50lb
natural

cardio:
tues, thurs, sun (2x day @45 min/session 4.1 mph, 12 deg incline)
Wed (am cardio @45 min/session 4.1 mph, 12 deg incline)

wts:
Mon, Wed, Fri

I am not using any thermogenic aides.
I just cant get down to 200-202 where my bf will be 6-7%
Am I wrong to thing as a nattie that I cant get any leaner naturally? I am at this point practically convinced my body WILL NOT ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN. I think my carbs need to be manipulated and need advice on what should be done. I WILL NOT BE DROPPING PROTEIN since all the meat and eggs I eat have been preserving my strength and muscles mass.

Heres my diet that ive been following for the past few months:
training days: Mon, WEd, Fri

6am protein shake (75gr in water) (only on wed)
do cardio, done by 7:30am (only on wed)

meal 1: 8am eat 18 egg white, 2 egg yolks.
meal 2: 10am 9 oz ground beef with salad and 1 tablespoon olive oil
meal 3: 1pm 9 oz ground beef with salad and 1 tablespoon olive oil
meal 4: 3pm 9 oz ground beef with salad
meal 5: 5pm 18 egg whites, 1 egg yolk
meal 6: 9pm postworkout meal : 1.5 cups grape juice, with 100 g protien, glutamine.

off days (tues, thurs, sun)
6am protein shake (75gr in water)
do cardio, done by 7:30am

meal 1: 8am eat 18 egg white, 2 egg yolks.
meal 2: 10am 9 oz ground beef with salad and 1 tablespoon olive oil
meal 3: 1pm 9 oz ground beef with salad and 1 tablespoon olive oil
meal 4: 3pm 9 oz ground beef with salad
meal 5: 5pm 18 egg whites, 1 egg yolk
meal 6: 8pm 75 gr protein shake w/water
cardio @ 9pm 45 min

How long have you been eating this way? Do you know what your BF was in the beginning? How long have your results stagnated? Where's the carbs - other than eggs?

Given this diet has worked up til now (assuming you've lost BF and not muscle), you could keep the same caloric intake but add in good carbs like long grain brown rice, oats, multi-grain bread, whole wheat pasta and yams - then cycle your diet. Go 300g carbs (balance of TOTAL calories in protein and good fats) then next day 200g carbs (balance of TOTAL calories in protein and good fats) then 100g (balance of TOTAL calories in protein and good fats) then "current" diet, then repeat again.

I don't have time to calculate your caloric intake with what you listed but it SEEMS to be too low - which is an indicator that you've probably lost muscle in your quest.

The setting on the treadmill don't mean squat to me. You need to be doing low-intensity cardio to burn BF unless your doing HIIT (which you're not). What's your heartrate as a percentage of maximum HR?

Last edited:
My starting BF was around 22% and 261 lb and I have been using this diet since summer 2003 if I remember corectly. It was such a longtime ago. I was told to follow this strictly and be patient as it was gonna take a long time. It started getting really tough losing weight around june 2004, so I upped cardio to twice a day. I did guage my progress by looking in the mirror and evalauting once a month which is what was reccomend. I def was lookign leaner, I def looked smaller but I know I had a lot of fat on me so chalked it up as me losing lots of fat. I trained on Mon, Wed and Fri and on those days took carbs in the form of a postworkout shake with grape juice and protein powder. I also carbed up on Saturday between 7 am and 3pm and ate about 400 grams of simple carbs. Doing this seemed to help me keep training intensely in the gym and I was never tired so I thought it was working. Tues and Thurs I ate NO carbs at all. I have tried my damndest to hold on to my strength but it has been slipping downwards. I thought as a nattie 10-15 lb muscle loss is not unheard of so I wasnt too dissapointed I just didnt want to lose 25-30lb of muscle like I did two years ago when I attempted to diet down. Regarding my heart rate its about 125-135 bpm.

xcelbeyond said:
How long have you been eating this way? Do you know what your BF was in the beginning? How long have your results stagnated? Where's the carbs - other than eggs?
xcelbeyond said:
Given this diet has worked up til now (assuming you've lost BF and not muscle), you could keep the same caloric intake but add in good carbs like long grain brown rice, oats, multi-grain bread, whole wheat pasta and yams - then cycle your diet. Go 300g carbs (balance of TOTAL calories in protein and good fats) then next day 200g carbs (balance of TOTAL calories in protein and good fats) then 100g (balance of TOTAL calories in protein and good fats) then "current" diet, then repeat again.

I don't have time to calculate your caloric intake with what you listed but it SEEMS to be too low - which is an indicator that you've probably lost muscle in your quest.

The setting on the treadmill don't mean squat to me. You need to be doing low-intensity cardio to burn BF unless your doing HIIT (which you're not). What's your heartrate as a percentage of maximum HR?

Last edited:
Do you think that interval training for cardio works as well as the long slow cardio? :confused:

homonunculus swears that it's the best way - and he's one lean/ripped SOB! Myself, I dont' have the equipment or willing to do the track thing. For me - it's a stepper in my home gym.

I am measuring my basal body temp (armpit temp) on rising for a period of three days to check if my thyroid is working properly. Today when I checked my temp under my arm it was 95.6 degrees F on waking. Two more days of recording temp and I think I'll know whats up. If I lost 10-13lb of muscle mass over the course of dieting I wont sweat it cause there's always muscle memory.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner