over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Supplements for Focus ???

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Hey guys,

what is out there for concetration (sp?) or focus...FitSarah has a very stressful job and she was wanting to know what there is for focus, or what a doctor could prescribe for focus...I was thinking that it would be good for a workout to, since I workout late at night now...Maybe instead of taking a sitmulate, I could take something for focus and get my threw my workouts better...and not have a hard time falling asleep...

chris

SEE BELOW POST BY BIGMAN

Last edited:
Adrenaline should be enough to keep you going in workouts, I dont get this post

Modafinil was what I was looking for, sorry for the spelling error earlier post. Anyways this can be prescribed from doctor for alertness and though it is a stimulant it is not like speed or eph, or anything to that nature...Look it up and let me know your thoughts. My wife truly liked it and it got her through a very stressful time of her life and work.

DHA is an awesome supplement for focus, my pediatrition first recommended it for my step son that is ADD, and the results have been great, they make it in an adult as well as a child formula

If trying to go natural route, you could try a combo of ginko bilogo, ginseng, and green tea.

I been off everything for around 6-7 weeks now, usually its hard to keep focus and drive right about this point but I'm doing great. I been using a product called NO Shotgun pre-workout and feel it def helps with my focus during my workouts and now I'm gaining some good strength from it and getting stronger. Post w/o I use SizeOn from Gaspari with some WMS & glut.

Look into it....as a side note, it contains Peptopro, you did order some so this may be just as good as the NO Shotgun product pre-w/o? I'll know soon enough too as I have some on order too.

I hate to say this but.................NO-Explode has done this for me. I don't care if it does anything else.......I get super revved up, focused and I hate lifting without it(but I do one week a month).

Modafinil "second'd"

A Physician friend of mine has both sleep apnea AND narcolepsy (bummer!). He got started on Modafinil and likes it ALOT. He is not a "speedy" kind of guy and said this stuff makes him feel even keeled energy wise all day. Focused and smooth.

You can buy it online if the doc won't prescribe it (may be cheaper that way too actually- insurance doesn't cover it much). I have a cheap pharmacy if you want it but it's through another board and I don't know if we are allowed to mention other board names (or at least what is crossing the line with that). PM me.

Secondly though- low dose- LOW dose ephedrine would work quite well. The problem is too many people take too high of dose and/or for too long as well.

She may be able to supplement with 10mg twice a day that again would give a more "even keeled" kind of focus. Some people actually do fairly well taking ephedrine EOD (every other day) for this effect (this will also help the adrenals and thyroid from taking a beating).

Sorry- forgot second half

Tyrosine at 3 grams/day is great to elevate natural adrenaline and dopamine levels. It is a precursor to these neurotransmitters as well as T4/T3.

It has been used in patients with depression related to low levels of these neurotransmitters (depression can come from several sources- low serotonin, low thyroid, etc.)

It may take a couple weeks consistently though to see results. This too produces a more even-keeled focus/energy.

It does make your skin much more sensitive to UV radiation so take extra care of your skin and eyes in the sun.

thanks everyone...

Myosin - You have an PM from me...

I will probably try Tyrosine, I remember now when I took that it seem to keep me really focused during my workouts...Maybe a tyrosine + Ephedrine combo would be good...

chris

focus

There is a new product out from beverly----its called "Uplift". Haven't tried it yet myself but ordered some. When I run out of the superpump250---I'm going to give a try. I have heard nothing but positive things about it from several people? keep you updated....Mental1

I'll second that. Everything I have ever tried or recommended to others from Beverly has gotten rave reviews. Every H.S. football player I train takes UMP, and they like it hands down better than any other protein they try. Believe me they fall for the Muscletech hype and always come back to what works.

I wanna give Uplift a try too. Sorry, I got off on a tangent there.

There is a new product out from beverly----its called "Uplift". Haven't tried it yet myself but ordered some. When I run out of the superpump250---I'm going to give a try. I have heard nothing but positive things about it from several people? keep you updated....Mental1

Tyrosine at 3 grams/day is great to elevate natural adrenaline and dopamine levels. It is a precursor to these neurotransmitters as well as T4/T3.

It has been used in patients with depression related to low levels of these neurotransmitters (depression can come from several sources- low serotonin, low thyroid, etc.)

It may take a couple weeks consistently though to see results. This too produces a more even-keeled focus/energy.

It does make your skin much more sensitive to UV radiation so take extra care of your skin and eyes in the sun.

Tyrosine is one of the main ingredents in most preworkout drinks.

Yes- but not as much

Tyrosine is one of the main ingredents in most preworkout drinks.

They are fairly underdosed. The only one worth it's weight from what I've seen at least is PowerDrive, it has 3 grams.

The other Red Bull-type drinks have a gram of taurine.

How much L-Tyrosine is an effective dose ???

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear