advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Switching up every workout for maximum muscle confusion!!!

Juice Freak

Registered
Hey just curious if anyone here has tried switching up there routine every workout incorporating different movements and rep/set schemes so that the body cannot adapt and must continue to grow??? I know that after a while on a certain routine it becomes stagnent since the body adapts to the workload. Would if be wise to switch everything up every workout as long as the muscles being worked are the same????

Always keep your body guessing buddy. get it in a little rut, then BLAST out of it with something bizaare. Works like a charm. Ideally this would work all the time. But the body is verrrry adaptive as you well know, so it even then, will adjust to the workload. make up exercises. Do high reps, low weight, whatever. Do isometrics and static holds and extreme stretches like in DC training. Yes, mix it up! :D

That's my usual mode de operandum. Every workout is never the same. I never know what im gonna do till I step foot in the gym...

I might think of a movement that I want to do for that training session, but most of the time I figure out what I am going to do the night before or when Im warming up. It also depends on what I'm focusing on. More importantly though, I never do the same workout twice. I like it much better that way.

Do you guys notice better results growth/body comp wise when you mix it up??? I've been a notorious same workouts every week guy just tyring to focus on adding weights to my lifts but my bud mixes it up without rhyme or reason and still responds very to this??? So which is best???

UM

Do you guys notice better results growth/body comp wise when you mix it up??? I've been a notorious same workouts every week guy just tyring to focus on adding weights to my lifts but my bud mixes it up without rhyme or reason and still responds very to this??? So which is best???

Didn't those BIG guys just answer that?

I might think of a movement that I want to do for that training session, but most of the time I figure out what I am going to do the night before or when Im warming up. It also depends on what I'm focusing on. More importantly though, I never do the same workout twice. I like it much better that way.

This is my feeling. every workout is different, i just make sure the muscle is fully stimulated.

Everyone is different. I knew a guy that would do the same workout every week, week after week, year after year. If he hit a plateau he would switch from high reps to low reps and vice versa. At a bodyweight of 180 he could bench 405 naturally, and that was his weak lift. I asked him about his chest workout and it went like this.

1-2 sets flat bench
1-2 sets incline bench
1 set flat dumbbell
1 set incline dumbbell
1 set decline bench
1 set cable crossovers
followed by back
frequency: 1 time per week

He also did forced reps on every working set, and the guy gained like no other. Thus, every person is different. I personally like to switch from volume training to DC style training, and sometimes do crazy shit like giant sets. My favorite is volume training though, the pump in a specific bodypart is great. Also, I hate doing 20 rep sets or drop sets of squats like you do with DC training...ugh.

Hey just curious if anyone here has tried switching up there routine every workout incorporating different movements and rep/set schemes so that the body cannot adapt and must continue to grow??? I know that after a while on a certain routine it becomes stagnent since the body adapts to the workload. Would if be wise to switch everything up every workout as long as the muscles being worked are the same????

No. Your body only perceives tension. So if you do cable flyes for 10 reps, and then switch to db flyes for 10 reps, your body will only sense the difference in tension but will still work the muscle in the same fashion.

Additionally, you need some adaptation because your body responds to a stress by getting bigger and stronger and hence getting good at it. If you dont give the body a chance to get good at something, it will only thus keep responding to stress but you will not be able to get good at the movement by adding more reps, volume, etc. Thus growth is compromised.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131