over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thanks for the support, and thoughts about massage

You definietly have the right ideas. If someone is posting about a pain or injury, I do usually add a comment or two.

Heres something else to think about... I do deep tissue massage as well as train and corrextive exercise. So if you asked me how to prevent shoulder injury, Id first want to know what limitations you already have, if youre already experiencing something, and hows your posture. There are generalities that most would do well to pay attention to, but when I work with someone, its specific to that person. If you say youve had a rotator cuff tear and repair already, id make sure your pecs remain properly stretched out, and would suggest you not flat bench. Id show you some exercises to engage rhomboids.

Most people never stretch enough, and most people wait until theres a problem to get body work done. If you do those 2 things, you have a much better shot at staying injury free for longer

My two greatest complaints are my shoulders coming forward from working in an office environment all day and the similar cause (plus how I grew) for my lower back imbalance.

For both issues I've finally gotten one of those standing desks so hopefully that will help. Specifically for shoulders I was told to do scarecrows which are incredibly difficult and tiring- but before every chest or should work out I use a band to do Y's, T's, W's, and I guess you'd call them H's, by moving my arms in those patterns while tensioned with the band. I dont know if those are successfully opening up my shoulder capsule (which has caused the bicep tie in to my delt to be inflamed which is the cause of my irritation when lifting) but I haven't had the pain while lifting since starting them. From what I understand most lifters are strong with internal rotation but suck with external. I also do a decent amount of back work and consider my back more impressive than my chest, though neither are by any means spectacular.

For lower back my hips apparently will sit slightly offset from sitting in a chair and favoring one side and so squating, deadlifting, SDL's cause my favored side to tire and strain as my opposite side isn't bearing equal load. I have no idea how to correct this but it's only been the past 2 years I had these issues. When I lived in Japan I was able to do these exercises fine and before then as well. I really want to get back to doing those exercises as 1) they are fun to do, and 2) I consider them core and necessary for building quality muscle. So any ideas you have I'm all ears.

Also if you're truly going to be travelling to offer massage if you pass by this way I'd happily take one as my chiro at home has already stated they aren't looking forward to the state I'll be in when I get back. And foam rolling/ racquetball don't seem to help as much as I'd like.

Wanted to thank everyone again for the support here on pm and for being featured. My town is mostly retirees, who pay people to do the hard stuff for them. So, Im pretty much on my own in my bodybuilding endeavors. Then to be a woman in this lifestyle, the group narrows even more. I appreciate being able to come here

So once Im past nationals, planning to do more travel work, getting my hands on more athletes and bodybuilders. I cant emphasize enough, the importance of doing more stretching, and also having more done than just stretching. I go around to different gyms and work, wish it was possible to ask where it would be best received. I go anywhere, and have seen how many still arent aware of or receiving the benefits of sports massage.

How many receive, and are you having success? Does your gym offer it?

My girlfriend is a massage therapist. Massage is a great tool that most of us underestimate. She works at our local Rec center and also does home visits. Its tough to ask her to work on me when she has been working on everyone else. It seems I stretch and massage her more as her job is very active and she gets beaten up massaging others.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws