over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"The darkside of Heavy Iron - my inner thoughts

The only thing he needs to add in there is about some of the health problems that will pop up for the serious user. The story isnt quite complete.

He is over 40 and doesn't have any issues. Not everyone is you, and nobody is guaranteed to have any serious health issues from abusing aas. The writing isn't about health, it is about determination, willpower, DRIVE, the will to SUCCEED and CONQUER! Everyone on this forum knows about you, what happened to you, the risks, what has happened to other users, etc. There is no need to remind everyone in almost every thread you post in. I get bloodwork done every single month and yes i'm 27 with no issues, and I do fully understand that I have a long road ahead of me, but i also understand that you MUST do everything in your power to SUCCEED and ACHIEVE YOUR goals. I also know(i work in the medical field) that bloodwork is NOT the end all, be all of health monitoring. I get ekg's done, different tests for cancers, etc. I do everything as healthy as I possibly can, while still doing what it takes to succeed. That is what any grown man would do, granted all is well thus far.

My goals are not your goals, nor may they be anyone elses. As the great immortal technique said: "hell is not a place you go if you're not a Christian. It's the failure of your life's greatest ambitions." I appreciate your post, but again, everyone here is an adult(i would hope) and these are our lives, and our goals, and we will continue to do everything in our power to achieve our goals. I have a wife and 2 beautiful children, if I ever see ANY health issue to be concerned about, I WILL stop IMMEDIATELY. 90% of others on promuscle would do the same I would imagine. Sorry for the rant, but the negativity is annoying. YOUR body is NOT OUR bodies.

probably because they didnt see it coming

Exactly. If you KNOW the risks involved, and you KNOW your family history, body, genetics, and you CHOOSE not to get every single possible test done that you can, to be 100% SURE you are doing everything as healthy as possible, then well, i'm sorry, but you're asking for it. You can have a heart attack or stroke from aas use/abuse even after doing all the tests in the world, and you can also get killed getting your mail in the morning because someone under the influence of drugs or who just wasn't paying attention, jumps the curb and runs you over(this isn't just an example, i literally WATCHED this happen in glendale, AZ 4yrs ago). Life is full of risks and dangers. In the end, it is NOBODY'S choice but yours as to what YOU do with your life. Just be fucking smart about it, is all I ask. Be mature and be an adult, don't be an idiot who thinks "it'll never happen to me," because you just do not know, you are not God.

He is over 40 and doesn't have any issues. Not everyone is you, and nobody is guaranteed to have any serious health issues from abusing aas. The writing isn't about health, it is about determination, willpower, DRIVE, the will to SUCCEED and CONQUER! Everyone on this forum knows about you, what happened to you, the risks, what has happened to other users, etc. There is no need to remind everyone in almost every thread you post in. I get bloodwork done every single month and yes i'm 27 with no issues, and I do fully understand that I have a long road ahead of me, but i also understand that you MUST do everything in your power to SUCCEED and ACHIEVE YOUR goals. I also know(i work in the medical field) that bloodwork is NOT the end all, be all of health monitoring. I get ekg's done, different tests for cancers, etc. I do everything as healthy as I possibly can, while still doing what it takes to succeed. That is what any grown man would do, granted all is well thus far.

My goals are not your goals, nor may they be anyone elses. As the great immortal technique said: "hell is not a place you go if you're not a Christian. It's the failure of your life's greatest ambitions." I appreciate your post, but again, everyone here is an adult(i would hope) and these are our lives, and our goals, and we will continue to do everything in our power to achieve our goals. I have a wife and 2 beautiful children, if I ever see ANY health issue to be concerned about, I WILL stop IMMEDIATELY. 90% of others on promuscle would do the same I would imagine. Sorry for the rant, but the negativity is annoying. YOUR body is NOT OUR bodies.

You make some very good points here and I respect that. You are right, everyone on here is an adult and makes their choices. I am only trying to remind people that blood work can be ok and everything seems ok and then boom, you end up with serious problems. As you said blood work is not the end all, and things can go wrong. I would just like to remind people that things can go terribbly wrong when you least expect it and that what happened to me IS going to happen to some others on this site. Its just a matter of time. If you think growing more muscular and risking your time on this earth with your family is worth the risk then more power to you. Its your decision. THe problem is that on sites like this there are not enough voices from my point of view. Most of the views you see are from guys that say that the risks are seriously overblown and its all the media yada yada yada. I was once like you and doubted it all. I am just here as the voice of reason and you can choose to listen or not.

Exactly. If you KNOW the risks involved, and you KNOW your family history, body, genetics, and you CHOOSE not to get every single possible test done that you can, to be 100% SURE you are doing everything as healthy as possible, then well, i'm sorry, but you're asking for it. You can have a heart attack or stroke from aas use/abuse even after doing all the tests in the world, and you can also get killed getting your mail in the morning because someone under the influence of drugs or who just wasn't paying attention, jumps the curb and runs you over(this isn't just an example, i literally WATCHED this happen in glendale, AZ 4yrs ago). Life is full of risks and dangers. In the end, it is NOBODY'S choice but yours as to what YOU do with your life. Just be fucking smart about it, is all I ask. Be mature and be an adult, don't be an idiot who thinks "it'll never happen to me," because you just do not know, you are not God.

Good post here, I like this and agree. In the end its your choice. I made my choice and now I have to pay for it. My wish is that I can possibly help at least one other person avoid the mistake I made.

well id rather die being huge from using gear than to get killed checking the mail like a chump:headbang: (but das just me)

How about live a long healthy life and experience raising a family and seeing your grandchildren born? this is something I probably will never see. Do you ever think about the future and what consequences the decisions you make today might have 30-50 yrs down the road?

hell no man, im only 20:headbang: but obviously things change when you get older so yeah...
how old are you now maldorf?

I am...

52 now guys, sometimes its hard to believe,, but yea Dave at 20 you have a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MINDSET..I know I sure did...all I can say man is be smart and be safe but also ENJOY IT WHILE YOUR YOUNG !!!!:headbang:

...and also be smart and safe and enjoy it as long as you love it no matter what age you are.

While its everyones choice, this is where I believe your wrong. I have seen several posts of people who were 17 or 18. These are KIDS (probably younger an ling about their age so they dont get too much shit, oh an not too mention all the one on here that lurk an never post), not adults and often uneducated. I myself started at 15, and by 18 had shut down my system. It was the 90s by the way and got everything I knew about aas from the magazines. At 18 I was seeing an endo and on script for rest of my life for test. No kids, cant have any, wont have any. Not by choice but for medical reasons. Maldorfs points on health issues is something not alot of people want to talk about but its there. Hell I had gyno surgery by 20.

Now if you ask if I had the drive and determination? Hell yeah. I did what ever it took. Now in my 30's you ask me if I regret some of it? Hell yeah I do. I wish I had known others back then to help guide me down the right path so I could have a family now. Your remarks towards Maldorf in here show a little immaturity imo.

Last edited:
You make some very good points here and I respect that. You are right, everyone on here is an adult and makes their choices. I am only trying to remind people that blood work can be ok and everything seems ok and then boom, you end up with serious problems. As you said blood work is not the end all, and things can go wrong. I would just like to remind people that things can go terribbly wrong when you least expect it and that what happened to me IS going to happen to some others on this site. Its just a matter of time. If you think growing more muscular and risking your time on this earth with your family is worth the risk then more power to you. Its your decision. THe problem is that on sites like this there are not enough voices from my point of view. Most of the views you see are from guys that say that the risks are seriously overblown and its all the media yada yada yada. I was once like you and doubted it all. I am just here as the voice of reason and you can choose to listen or not.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't doubt it at all. Like I said, I WANT others to be smart about things and mature, not just do whatever they want and blast high doages without ever monitoring anything. That is just stupid IMO, and those who do that WILL have t least some sort of problem, maybe not soon, but at least down the road. If you can "catch" something early enough, it can possibly be prevented, and/or you can fix whatever the issue may be. I take a very long list of OTC health supplements every single day, just as religiously as I take my gear. SOme may say the opposite, but I have the bloodwork to prove, they really DO work for HDL, LDL, etc. They are not lisinopril, zocor, etc, but they DO help and IMO are worth the $ if they help enough to keep everything within the "normal" range.

While its everyones choice, this is where I believe your wrong. I have seen several posts of people who were 17 or 18. These are KIDS (probably younger an ling about their age so they dont get too much shit, oh an not too mention all the one on here that lurk an never post), not adults and often uneducated. I myself started at 15, and by 18 had shut down my system. It was the 90s by the way and got everything I knew about aas from the magazines. At 18 I was seeing an endo and on script for rest of my life for test. No kids, cant have any, wont have any. Not by choice but for medical reasons. Maldorfs points on health issues is something not alot of people want to talk about but its there. Hell I had gyno surgery by 20.

Now if you ask if I had the drive and determination? Hell yeah. I did what ever it took. Now in my 30's you ask me if I regret some of it? Hell yeah I do. I wish I had known others back then to help guide me down the right path so I could have a family now. Your remarks towards Maldorf in here show a little immaturity imo.

Well you should have researched things and known what you were doing, before you just put things into your body. If I ever did that, I would regret it too. Same goes for any kids who read things here and just go out and do them, without properly educating themselves, or being educated by others, and asking for help/advice. THAT shows immaturity. I too had gyno surgery before 20, I had it at 16, but I never touched gear until I was 21. I naturally had excess breast tissue that was VERY painful and bothered me since I turned 13. I finally got sick of the name calling, pain, not wanting tio ever take my shirt off, etc. SO i had it surgically removed. It was not due to aas though.

52 now guys, sometimes its hard to believe,, but yea Dave at 20 you have a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MINDSET..I know I sure did...all I can say man is be smart and be safe but also ENJOY IT WHILE YOUR YOUNG !!!!:headbang:

I like the discussion of age and different priorities. I feel like I want to do this until my early 40s, then just hang em up and try to live as healthy as possible the rest of my life

Well you should have researched things and known what you were doing, before you just put things into your body. If I ever did that, I would regret it too. Same goes for any kids who read things here and just go out and do them, without properly educating themselves, or being educated by others, and asking for help/advice. THAT shows immaturity. I too had gyno surgery before 20, I had it at 16, but I never touched gear until I was 21. I naturally had excess breast tissue that was VERY painful and bothered me since I turned 13. I finally got sick of the name calling, pain, not wanting tio ever take my shirt off, etc. SO i had it surgically removed. It was not due to aas though.

Given your age I doubt your aware what was available when an where. It wasn't the internet age where you could google something. Hell google wasn't even out or was just coming out. I relied on magazines an books an followed cycles there. Not alot of talk about pct. and at 15 I WAS immature an wasnt ready at the time. I was a kid obviously.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't doubt it at all. Like I said, I WANT others to be smart about things and mature, not just do whatever they want and blast high doages without ever monitoring anything. That is just stupid IMO, and those who do that WILL have t least some sort of problem, maybe not soon, but at least down the road. If you can "catch" something early enough, it can possibly be prevented, and/or you can fix whatever the issue may be. I take a very long list of OTC health supplements every single day, just as religiously as I take my gear. SOme may say the opposite, but I have the bloodwork to prove, they really DO work for HDL, LDL, etc. They are not lisinopril, zocor, etc, but they DO help and IMO are worth the $ if they help enough to keep everything within the "normal" range.

Just don't fool yourself if you think you are taking no risks at all, there are always risks and maybe you have diminished them somewhat but they are still there. Remember too the longer you use the more your risk goes up. I too was once like you and I was even taking BP meds and getting regular blood tests, did some phelbotomies, and still had a bad problem. Sure it may not happen to everyone, but it CAN happen to you.

Given your age I doubt your aware what was available when an where. It wasn't the internet age where you could google something. Hell google wasn't even out or was just coming out. I relied on magazines an books an followed cycles there. Not alot of talk about pct. and at 15 I WAS immature an wasnt ready at the time. I was a kid obviously.

Yep, I bought my first Dbol when I was 17 in the parking lot of a grocery store from a dealer from high school. Some dbol that came down from Larry Pacifico supposedly. It was right before he got busted.

All we had for info was what our dealer told us, heck the magazines never talked about it. It was ALL broscience back then. We didnt even have an internet in 87. My computer was an APPLE IIe.

Very true, I didn't even take that into consideration honestly. Well, it's just a shitty situation I suppose. Makes me thankful for the technology of today, that's for sure. We are definitely spoiled to say the least, with the world at our fingertips, it's crazy.

Very true, I didn't even take that into consideration honestly. Well, it's just a shitty situation I suppose. Makes me thankful for the technology of today, that's for sure. We are definitely spoiled to say the least, with the world at our fingertips, it's crazy.

Back then young guys didnt abuse the bodybuilding drugs like they do today, and I would say one of the main reasons was because of the lack of technology. It was quite hard to get ahold of steroids, you had to know someone personally really. There may have been some guys that did it by mail but I never heard of any in the 80s. About all I had access to back then was test cyp, test prop, dbol, deca, and winstrol. Those things were all hard to come by too and very expensive compared to now since supply was so low. I do think if it were as easy back then as it is now to get these drugs I would have probably starting abusing it all at a much younger age.

I did two courses of dbol only in 87/88 and then was clean until about 1998. Stuff was hard to come by. Now anyone with a computer can get whatever they want in a short order of time and relatively cheap.

The lack of technology was bad though because I had no idea what I was playing around with, no real idea how to use it and be safe. The thing is though that everything was so hard to get and expensive that I wasnt really even exposed to much danger.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity