over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"The darkside of Heavy Iron - my inner thoughts

some of the dumbest shit i have read.
-JS

some of the dumbest shit i have read.
-JS

Well, I think its just someone young and really enthusiastic for the sport. I would like to see what the same person will write about this all in about 20 yrs.

This is a great read and an inside look. Crazy mentality that we all love an have

How about live a long healthy life and experience raising a family and seeing your grandchildren born? this is something I probably will never see. Do you ever think about the future and what consequences the decisions you make today might have 30-50 yrs down the road?

Compare the risks of unintelligent AAS use with the risks of unintelligent eating. You don't see many 70 year-old fat people because most don't live that long. The emphasis in comparing these two things needs to be on the word "unintelligent". Proper, intelligent use of AAS need not involve unusual risks for the average population just like proper, intelligent eating need not create unusual health risks for the average population. As many folks ignore the best advice on nutrition and become obese and unhealthy, some AAS users will ignore the best advice and similarly put themselves at risk. But one can have his cake and eat it too if you just don't ignore best practices, whether you are talking nutrition or AAS use.

I for one would rather grab life by the horns and enjoy the ride than die obese in front of my television watching reruns of Baywatch at age 65, but I also don't want to be ignorant about the consequences of my decisions. Anecdotal evidence of risk is not going to carry the same weight with me that a structured scientific study would. Properly managed AAS use carries no more generalized risk than any other properly managed drug protocol. Anything we do involves risk--life is a constant balancing act between risk and reward. We should also make our decisions wisely--but I refuse to make my decisions out of fear.

Well, I think its just someone young and really enthusiastic for the sport. I would like to see what the same person will write about this all in about 20 yrs.

46 years old. still battling the iron my friend.

I wrote this a few minutes ago. I hope it inspires folks.

Mental Focus in our world

We battle the iron, we weigh our food and count our macros, we do our cardio, we make time to prepare the meals and make time for rest. We plan our day and even plan our week. Our calculations are measured and remeasured again. We adjust, we overcome, we persevere. We are driven, we are focused, we visualize and we make it happen. Without the planning and willpower we cannot achieve our goals. Without a fierce focus and determination we will fail.

When I enter the gym I have already prepared my mind. I know what the cold metal feels like in my hands before I touch it. I know what the heavy weight will feel like on my frame. I know the pain and sweat and work I'm about to endure. I don't want to talk or socialize. I want to achieve my goal. If someone is on the next machine or bench I have another picked out. I don't want to rest. I don't want to lose my pump. I'm here to work and work hard. Rest between sets can be counted with a second hand not a minute hand. I crank the intensity all the way up. Pushing my body further and further until I'm absolutely spent. Then its on the the next exercise to repeat it all over again. The guys in the gym see me fail with light weights. Many of them don't understand. I'm not there to ego lift. I'm there to absolutely obliterate my muscle fibers. I'm there to do damage. Damage to every fiber.

This prep is short. Its 10 weeks. I have 10 short weeks to transform. I cannot waste time. I will do set after set until I can do no more. The goal is complete and utter failure on every set. How ironic that we train to failure in order to win. My mind screams from the pain. I must focus and determine not to stop. Those last two reps that feel like a hot fire in the muscle bellies are the ones I'm after. The reps that bring tears to my eyes are the ones I need. I must have those reps. They are the ones that will change me and transform me to granite and stone. The training session is a whirlwind of planning, adjustment and pain. It ends quickly but painfully. Now its time for the cardio. I let my mind wander off. Its time to go somewhere else in my mind while I trudge on and on for forty five minutes. I fall in and out of a day dream. My lungs are on fire and sweat pours off of me. I see the same people that still look the same. Year after year and they make no changes for the good or for the worse. Just stagnate and static. 10 weeks my mind screams. You only have 10 weeks! Finally the cardio session is done. I walk out tired, beaten down and hungry. Now I must eat but eat clean.

I go home to a prepared meal I made the day before. Chicken, rice and broccoli. Over and over for 10 weeks. I want to change. I want to transform but I have to work for it. It isn't free and it isn't easy. If it was everyone would look like carved stone. I focus and determine to succeed. I will train hard. I will eat what's on the plan. I will not stop. Its all a mental game. See it in your mind and do it. Focus and make it happen. visualize and work for it. Don't stop. The clock is ticking. Time is almost spent.

So many guys are always asking what it takes to be the best they can be in bodybulding and the op is being honest.
I am 44 and 20 years ago i had no limits but now with a family my priority's have changed some but these posts remind me of alot.

I wrote this a few minutes ago. I hope it inspires folks.

Mental Focus in our world

We battle the iron, we weigh our food and count our macros, we do our cardio, we make time to prepare the meals and make time for rest. We plan our day and even plan our week. Our calculations are measured and remeasured again. We adjust, we overcome, we persevere. We are driven, we are focused, we visualize and we make it happen. Without the planning and willpower we cannot achieve our goals. Without a fierce focus and determination we will fail.

When I enter the gym I have already prepared my mind. I know what the cold metal feels like in my hands before I touch it. I know what the heavy weight will feel like on my frame. I know the pain and sweat and work I'm about to endure. I don't want to talk or socialize. I want to achieve my goal. If someone is on the next machine or bench I have another picked out. I don't want to rest. I don't want to lose my pump. I'm here to work and work hard. Rest between sets can be counted with a second hand not a minute hand. I crank the intensity all the way up. Pushing my body further and further until I'm absolutely spent. Then its on the the next exercise to repeat it all over again. The guys in the gym see me fail with light weights. Many of them don't understand. I'm not there to ego lift. I'm there to absolutely obliterate my muscle fibers. I'm there to do damage. Damage to every fiber.

This prep is short. Its 10 weeks. I have 10 short weeks to transform. I cannot waste time. I will do set after set until I can do no more. The goal is complete and utter failure on every set. How ironic that we train to failure in order to win. My mind screams from the pain. I must focus and determine not to stop. Those last two reps that feel like a hot fire in the muscle bellies are the ones I'm after. The reps that bring tears to my eyes are the ones I need. I must have those reps. They are the ones that will change me and transform me to granite and stone. The training session is a whirlwind of planning, adjustment and pain. It ends quickly but painfully. Now its time for the cardio. I let my mind wander off. Its time to go somewhere else in my mind while I trudge on and on for forty five minutes. I fall in and out of a day dream. My lungs are on fire and sweat pours off of me. I see the same people that still look the same. Year after year and they make no changes for the good or for the worse. Just stagnate and static. 10 weeks my mind screams. You only have 10 weeks! Finally the cardio session is done. I walk out tired, beaten down and hungry. Now I must eat but eat clean.

I go home to a prepared meal I made the day before. Chicken, rice and broccoli. Over and over for 10 weeks. I want to change. I want to transform but I have to work for it. It isn't free and it isn't easy. If it was everyone would look like carved stone. I focus and determine to succeed. I will train hard. I will eat what's on the plan. I will not stop. Its all a mental game. See it in your mind and do it. Focus and make it happen. visualize and work for it. Don't stop. The clock is ticking. Time is almost spent.

So true.

This is a good thread. I really appreciate Heavyiron's honesty on the boards.

I think it's humbling in a way because I know and accept the risks of my usage. I don't consider myself an abuser because abuse is not in my nature, but my love for bodybuilding and looking, feeling, expressing myself in this way is something that I value (at least for now) over the potential risks of my AAS use.

This lifestyle is a channel of energy for me and an art. My body is my canvas and I direct a lot of negative energy that I am exposed to daily into my journey in building my perfect physique. Interestingly, I know that there is not going to be any such thing as perfect for me, as there is no such thing as perfect, but It doesn't change my drive.

Objectively, I recognize that the 'devil' on one of my shoulders could be looked at as being addicted to this lifestyle, while the 'angel' on the other suppresses the urges to push too hard.

I think there's another perspective to consider too - Bodybuilding is inherently selfish. It's extremely preoccupying. I agree that taking unnecessary risks with one's health when a wife or family is involved is overly selfish, but many of us don't see ourselves (at least for now) as family men, or we may not want those things. There's nothing wrong with that. It's better to admit it, and be true to yourself then to do what you think you "should" do, by marrying and having kids and then STILL being selfish. That hurts others.

I'm not saying I fit in this category, but I know it to be true of people. I two people in my family just like this. They aren't bad people and at least one of them is self aware and admits that being selfish (to the extent of not having kids at least) is his "fault" but is at least true to it and honest about it. I can't disrespect him for that.

Beyond this, being someone who views the world through a mystic perspective, I value detachment. As long as I'm not hurting others, who says the best thing to do is to preserve my body for as long as possible? I don't personally believe that my, or any, consciousness is limited to it's physical embodiment, so why, then, cut oneself short of one's thoroughly analyzed and hopefully self-admitted desires/pleasures/vices (i.e. bodybuilding) if it makes one less-than-happy?

I think there's value and truth in every perspective presented here except those who are attacking other people's choices.

perhaps I was harsh.
it is a motivating read.
I just think I am jealous he had the balls to write that and I didnt. I have always wanted to write something similar...when drunk. :)
-JS

in response to nurse must love me cuz of my veins , i can top that .I live in detroit and my excuse for picking up hookers is my high test use anyway overtime i ge a hoe they grab my arm in awe and jealousy i hear i wish i had those veins id never miss , dope fiend hoes its sad i just met a girl who was really hot and 26 great skin face i never thought she did dope until she admired my arms i got sick , she shoots in her foot wtf is wrong with this young generation she wasn't a hooker either

in response to nurse must love me cuz of my veins , i can top that .I live in detroit and my excuse for picking up hookers is my high test use anyway overtime i ge a hoe they grab my arm in awe and jealousy i hear i wish i had those veins id never miss , dope fiend hoes its sad i just met a girl who was really hot and 26 great skin face i never thought she did dope until she admired my arms i got sick , she shoots in her foot wtf is wrong with this young generation she wasn't a hooker either

H is a bad, bad drug.

Damn I thought I was alone.

This is how my brain works on tren and pre contest. I mean to the damn T.. Everything heavyiron said here feels like he ripped it straight out of my head and just typed it out. Awesome shit.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws