over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Day the Music Died for Coaches: ExRx.net Paywall

In a few years time, people are going to wish they could go back to driving simple motor vehicles without 1,000 computers that require a software engineer for every repair and subscription models for every last feature. I think the underwriting of motor vehicle insurance will have to change because it'll be cheaper to buy a new car than to repair it. These are all pressures towards subscription & rental models, outsourcing, etc. Maybe it's for the best that driving becomes a lost art or sport with respect to fatalities and the like, but it's eerie to think about.
Agree with this. One reason I pay the extra to have an extended warranty. Learned from my first car any little repair is a ripoff $$

Privately funded studies I have no real issue with but if there was ANY public funding directly or indirectly then ABSOLUTELY they should be accessible. Certainly no reason we should have to pay TWICE for the damn thing.
What does the source of the funding have to do with it? money you pay to access research articles goes to the journal that published it, not the authors of the study or the original source of the funding.

Those journals limit public access to scientific knowledge, all in the name of making a buck. Capitalism at its worst.

Agree with this. One reason I pay the extra to have an extended warranty. Learned from my first car any little repair is a ripoff $$
With A couple hundred bucks in tools and YouTube and you can do a LOT of your own maintenance and repairs.

Wrenching on cars isn’t brain surgery, but mechanics sure like to bill as if that’s the case.

What does the source of the funding have to do with it? money you pay to access research articles goes to the journal that published it, not the authors of the study or the original source of the funding.

Those journals limit public access to scientific knowledge, all in the name of making a buck. Capitalism at its worst.
My position is: IF public funds paid for ANY of the study, the public who's MONEY that was should have access to the study. Maybe not directly through the journals, as they are privately owned, but through whatever university they were done at.

If the public paid for it, they should not have to pay again for it.

Nine times out of ten if you email a researcher from a study they'll gleefully send you the paper. They abhor these predatory journals and publish hoping that their work will be read, not to drive the (remarkable; some of the highest margins of all services) profits of these journals, that are really just divisions of large brick & mortar publishers. Remember, they don't receive a red cent from this business model.

Fuck that. NO ONE had to be forced to ditch the horse in favor of the motor vehicle, because most recognized the advantages and using their FREEDOM they chose. Tired of being herded like a brainless sheep towards a select few individuals view of a future engineered "utopia." Not I.
Did you know all new cars manufactured today come with a black box that not only records all audio inside the vehicle but uses it to sell your profile to marketers for targeted ads? The only means of clawing privacy back in this regard are legal measures, like the EU's GDPR, etc.

Did you know all new cars manufactured today come with a black box that not only records all audio inside the vehicle but uses it to sell your profile to marketers for targeted ads? The only means of clawing privacy back in this regard are legal measures, like the EU's GDPR, etc.
Don't have a "new car" nor will I be anytime soon. I have never connected any device to their bluetooth either.

Can you remove these boxes and still have a functioning vehicle?

I thought of this thread when I watched this:

Don't have a "new car" nor will I be anytime soon. I have never connected any device to their bluetooth either.

Can you remove these boxes and still have a functioning vehicle?

I thought of this thread when I watched this:
I'm not sure, but you probably cannot do it a) legally, and/or b) without voiding any warranty.

I'm not sure, but you probably cannot do it a) legally, and/or b) without voiding any warranty.
I have not owned a vehicle with a warranty in over 20 years so no worries there and as to a...........................lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity