over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The PCT to end all!!???

STEEDA69

Registered
I know that there are MANY articles/threads and posts concerning the various opinions to sucessfully come off an AAS cycle but these two reputable articles are almost directly opposite in what they advise to be the "proper" way to end a cycle. Which one is correct???
Some input from those who have at LEAST a few cycles under their belts would be appreciated!
JD~

PS: IT IS a bit of a read but I didn't want to edit them too much!

PCT 1

"I advise my AAS patients to use small amounts of HCG (250IU to 500IU) two days each week, right from the beginning of the cycle. This serves to maintain testicular form and function. I am also a big fan of maintaining estrogen within physiological ranges.

Any more than 500IU of HCG per day causes too much aromatase activity. Some feel aromatase is actually toxic to the Leydig cells of the testes. You are then inducing primary hypogonadism (which is permanent) while treating steroid-induced secondary (hypogonadotrophic) hypogonadism (which is temporary--hopefully).

If 250IU or 500IU on two days each week isn’t enough to stave off testicular atrophy, then I recommend using it more days each week (as opposed to taking larger doses). In fact, I wouldn’t mind having a guy use 250IU per day ALL THROUGH the cycle. The testes are then ready, willing and able to again produce testosterone at the end of the cycle. I also want to make sure a SERM, such as Clomid or Nolvadex, is at effective serum dosage (around 100mg QD for Clomid, 20-40mg QD for Nolvadex) when serum androgen levels drop to a concentration roughly equal to 200mg of testosterone per week. Of course, if the fellow has been doing Clomid or Nolvadex all along the way (and I now prefer Nolvadex over Clomid, due to the possibility of negative sides from the Clomid), he is all set to simply continue it at the end (no need to switch from one to the other). BTW, I see no evidence of any benefit in using BOTH SERM’s at the same time. I used to think a couple of weeks of the SERM was enough; now I like to see an entire month after the last shot of AAS (and migration of long to short esters as the cycle matures). Tapering the SERM is probably a good idea during the last week, as well.

I want my patients to stop taking HCG within a week after the end of the cycle. The testosterone production it induces will further inhibit recovery, as will using Androgel, or any other testosterone preparation, while in recovery. There is no escaping this, as there is no such thing as a “bridge”. Just because you are not inhibiting the HPTA for the entire 24 hours does not mean you are not suppressing it at all. IOW, you can’t “fool” the body—it is smarter than you are.

I like Arimidex during the cycle (in fact, consider use of an AI while taking aromatisables a necessity) but it ABSOLUTELY should not be used post cycle (even though it has been shown to increase LH production) because the risk of driving estrogen too low, and therefore further damaging an already compromised Lipid Profile, is too great (this also drives libido back into the ground—and we don’t want that, do we?).

All this is meant to get my guys through recovery as fast as possible (the real goal, yes?). So far, all of them who have tried it have reported they are recovering faster than when they have tried other protocols."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
PCT 2

This protocol will allow you to recover your own natural hormonal levels quickly and lose far less of the gains you worked so hard for on the cycle.
I’m not re-inventing the wheel here, and you may have seen a piece of this information elsewhere.

* You’ve never seen this PCT protocol anywhere
* This is the most effective PCT you’ll ever see

One of the first drugs we’ll consider for this purpose is what is typically called a SERM. Nolvadex (Tamoxifen) is a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator, which means that it has the ability to act as an anti-estrogen with regard to certain genes, yet also acting as an estrogen with respect to others. It does this by blocking gene transcription in some cases, and initiating gene transcription in others (3). However, it acts as an anti-estrogen in the pituitary, thus increasing LH and FSH, which results in an increase in testosterone. 20mgs of Nolvadex will raise your testosterone levels about 150% (6)...Nolvadex also has some important features for the steroid using athlete. In hypogonadic and infertile men given nolvadex, increases in the serum levels of LH, FSH, and most importantly, testosterone were all observed (35)It can also block a bit of estrogen in the pituitary, which is a great benefit when used with HCG. The increase in testosterone Nolvadex can give someone with a dysfunctional is basically that 20mgs of Nolvadex will raise your testosterone levels about 150% (6)...Why don’t we use Clomid, another SERM? Well, basically because it takes much more to do the same thing. In comparison, it would require 150mgs of Clomid to accomplish that type of elevation in testosterone, but Nolvadex also has the added benefit of significantly increasing the LH (Leutenizing Hormone) response to LHRH (LH-releasing hormone) (6). Although both Nolvadex and Clomid are both SERMs, they are actually quite different. As you already know, Nolvadex is highly anti-estrogenic at the hypothalamus and pituitary, while Clomid exhibits weak estrogenic activity at the pituitary (7), which as you can guess, is less than ideal. It should be avoided for the PCT I’m suggesting…and in fact, avoided in general…it’s simply not as good as Nolvadex.…and no, using it along with Nolvadex will provide no “synergy” that I’ve ever seen in any relevant study.

SO how much Nolvadex should you use during PCT? I favor using 20mgs.day, although to be totally honest, you can probably even get away with far less than that. Doses as low as 5mgs/day have proven to be as effective as 20mgs/day for certain areas of gonadal stimulation. (8) 20mgs/day, however, is a dose that myself and others have used with great success, and the research I’ve done in this area typically uses this milligram amount. SO lets stick with 20mgs/day for now.

We’ll need something to go with Nolvadex, which acts in a different manner, and Human Chorionic Gonadatropin (HCG) is the clear choice here. Here’s where things get a bit controversial (no, really…I know you , because I’m pretty much the only person around (currently) who recommends HCG for Post-Cycle Therapy. Although I’m seen as Old School in this respect, really, this is a totally new paradigm for HCG use, made possible only by the inclusion of the other compounds I am introducing to you for PCT. HCG is the natural choice, as it has been used successfully to cure AAS induced (11), and this alone warrants its inclusion to our cycle.

HCG is a peptide hormone that stimulates the gonads (hence: gonadotropin). It does this by initiating gene transcription that is identical to that of Luetenizing Hormone, thereby causing the Leydig Cells to produce testosterone. Unfortunately, while HCG increases Testosterone, it increases estrogen as well. As you probably know, estrogen acts directly on the Leydig cells to effect changes in the activities of enzymes important for testosterone synthesisand may actually be considered an important part of that negative feedback loop I mentioned earlier. In addition, an increase in circulating levels of LH have been shown to induce down-regulation of LH-receptors in both rodent studies, as well as in human studies; since HCG mimics LH, you can expect it to do the same. Recent rodent models suggest that if you take a dose large enough to cause a sharp increase of plasma testosterone, you will actually desensitize your Leydig cells to your next shot, and will possibly not experience any rise in testosterone from the second dose at all, or may only experience a very slight one at best. Since this is due to LH-Receptor downregulation, and that occurs in human models too, it is pretty fair to assume that if your first dose of HCG is too large, your second won’t be very effective. Low LH post-cycle is not the primary cause of slow recovery, because LH generally rises to levels above baseline after a cycle much sooner than testosterone production does. HCG should also bring back testicular volume.

But are we still risking some inhibition and possibly delaying our recovery by using HCG? Probably not…you see, some studies in humans have shown that HCG does not actually have a direct effect on inhibiting LH release in men (22)(23), but rather (probably) works to inhibit LH secretion indirectly, simply by stimulating the production of testosterone (thus activating the negative feedback loop). Another factor involved is the induction of testicular aromatase, which raises estrogen levels, again causing inhibition. Unfortunately, yet another process, the downregulation of the Leydig Cell LH receptor itself, seems to also play a role in high dose HCG testicular desensitization. This is also done by HCG actually blocking the conversion of 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone (17 OHP) to testosterone (24). Nolvadex actually stops this blocking-action of HCG from taking place (25). Most likely, because of Nolvadex’s direct antiestrogenic effect and LH-upregulating effect on the Pituitary, suppression of gonadotropins via HCG is (25) almost totally stopped with concurrent administration of Nolvadex! So if we Use Nolvadex and we are only using HCG when we are low in gonadatropins, we won’t be inhibited by it at all! Right?

Well…maybe…but there’s still the issue of estrogen caused by that HCG-stimulated surge in testosterone. Well…we can use low doses (300iu or so) to avoid some of that major spike in estrogen, and thus cause far less inhibition from the HCG (26). Of course, I’d want to use a bit more HCG per injection (500iu), if I could, to get my body functioning fully more quickly, and lose less of my gains. Maybe we can get away with taking some Vitamin E with our HCG, since it increases the responsiveness of plasma testosterone levels to HCG, making them significantly higher during vitamin E administration than without it (27). So we can get a better response with our HCG by taking Vitamin E (I recommend 1,000iu/day), but that doesn’t get rid of the problem that we have, which is the estrogen increase the HCG will cause.

Lets add in an Aromatase Inhibitor!Use Aromasin (exemestane) as our AI, because it’s an aromatase inactivator, meaning it makes estrogen receptors useless, and instead of just inhibiting production (as an anti-aromatase would do) it cuts off production totally. Aromasin can also cause androgenic sides (29)(30)(31), which may help to elevate your mood while you are on PCT. This final drug in my recommended PCT can effectively remove up to about 85%+ of estrogen from your body (32). Most importantly, using Aromasin together with Nolvadex doesn’t reduce exemestane’s effectiveness (33). So now, I think the problem of ANY inhibition possible with HCG is solved, and we can use that 500iu/day dose that I wanted to use previously.

With this PCT, there will be a rapid increase in LH, FSH, and testosterone, as well as almost a complete block on all the factors that could be causing your natural hormones to be delayed in returning to baseline. For this reason, I feel that the second your cycle is over is when you should start this PCT (a week after your last shot, or the day after your last pill is fine). And how long do we run this for? Well…we need to stop the HCG relatively soon for reasons discussed earlier. But the Nolvadex, and Aromasin can be used for awhile longer. Ideally, we’d be getting weekly blood work, but we could also get it done monthly, and just running this PCT until we see our natural hormones restored…but weekly bloodwork isn’t really an option for most of us. Failing the option of monitoring recovery with blood-work, I’m going to give you my best thoughts on the time you should be running your PCT. It’s important to note I haven’t discussed nutrition or other compounds that may be beneficial…this is because in this article, I am primarily concerned with the restoration of hormonal function, nothing else. And with no further delays, here are my recommendations for PCT:

Week 1
Nolvadex: 20mg/day, HCG: 500 IU/day, Aromasin 20mg/day, Vit. E 1000 IU/day
Week2
Nolvadex: 20mg/day, HCG: 500 IU/day, Aromasin 20mg/day, Vit. E: 1000 iu/day
Week 3
Nolvadex: 20mg/day, HCG: 500 IU/day, Aromasin 20mg/day, Vit. E: 1000 IU/day
Week 4
Nolvadex: 20mg/day, Aromasin 20mg/day
Week 5
Nolvadex: 20mg/day
Week 6
Nolvadex: 20mg/day

==========================================================

Dont think there is a correct answer both methods obviously work. I prefer 250ius twice per week. But the other method makes sense in its own right as well...

Ummm, I would like to know the source of the second article. I know the source of the first one...I believe it is "Swale" from mesomorphosis.com He is a very well known and respected HRT doctor with very credible information to give.

THe second article seems like a bunch of BS to me. One point being, that he recommends aromasin during PCT dur to the fact that it completely BLOCKS estrogen from being produced: "and instead of just inhibiting production (as an anti-aromatase would do) it cuts off production totally."
This is really not good due to the fact that the body still needs SOME estrogen to recover the HPTA. ALso, if estrogen is suppressed to such an extreme while off cycle, the estrogen rebound from suddenly stopping the use of aromasin will be an absolute BITCH.

HELLA SWOLE said:
Ummm, I would like to know the source of the second article. I know the source of the first one...I believe it is "Swale" from mesomorphosis.com He is a very well known and respected HRT doctor with very credible information to give.

THe second article seems like a bunch of BS to me. One point being, that he recommends aromasin during PCT dur to the fact that it completely BLOCKS estrogen from being produced: "and instead of just inhibiting production (as an anti-aromatase would do) it cuts off production totally."
This is really not good due to the fact that the body still needs SOME estrogen to recover the HPTA. ALso, if estrogen is suppressed to such an extreme while off cycle, the estrogen rebound from suddenly stopping the use of aromasin will be an absolute BITCH.

Anthony Roberts wrote the second article.

speedbacker said:
Anthony Roberts wrote the second article.

LOL, after thinking about it for a bit, I kinda figured that. It almost seems like a lot of his articles are just a bunch of random scientific details thrown together in random order so that people who don't necessarily understand all the terms will believe his theories.

HELLA SWOLE said:

Correct, the first was written by Swale and The second was written in part by Anthony Roberts AKA "hooker." I too, was skeptical about the addition of Aromasin but I think he mentioned his preference for Aromasin over say Arimidex was due to the fact that Aromasin is only about 80 % effective in blocking Estrogen whereas A-Dex would be much higher, almost 99 %. Point being, there was still some Estrogen floating around because not ALL of it would be blocked! I Dunno! I've yet to use either A-sin or A-dex!

I appreciate ALL your responses! I've done many cycles and PCTs in my day but have been out of BB for 4 years (Spine injury) and just started back about a year ago! I'm used to the old school PCT's like the one's illustrated in Anabolics 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006..... You know,

WEEK 1 5,000 ius HCG, 300 mg Clomid ED, 20 mg Nolvadex ED
WEEK 2 2,500 iu's HCG, 200 mg Clomid ED, 20 mg Nolvadex ED
WEEK 3 1,500 iu's HCG , 100 mg Clomid ED, 20 mg Nolvadex ED
etc...etc...etc...

I know this is "old" Per Se, but It's what I / we used at the time and I'm still familiarizing myself with the newer theories and protocols. Having a MS in Bio-medical science, allows me to understand the pharmacological mechanisms and purported theories but I like the "tried and tested" (real life) protocols and that is why I'm inquiring. Thanks again for everyones input! There are a lot of Knowledgeable bro's on this board. This forum "leads the Pack" IMO!
JD~

Whatever you do, DO NOT use that much HCG at one. It can severely down regulate the leydig cells in your testes causing you to become PERMANENTLY sterile.

ive used the anthony roberts pct after a test/tren cycle and it worker very well. Never even felt like I came off. I just lost some of my sex drive for about 2 weeks after finishing but after that kept all my weight and most of my strength.

there really is no correct answer. Too many people have had success with both methods. Doesnt matter that AR wrote it, it works.

HELLA SWOLE said:
Whatever you do, DO NOT use that much HCG at one. It can severely down regulate the leydig cells in your testes causing you to become PERMANENTLY sterile.

Ive know people to use 5000 and 7000 ius per week. I shoot 5000 myself, in future what am I supposed to do mix it up and only take a quarter out of the bottle? Do I keep the rest in the fridge. I only got 5000iu bottles and now you got me worried:confused:

As posted by LATS in another thread - and I agree most people take Waaaaaaaaay tooo much nolvadex arimidex and et all dose wise and time wise and they don't need that much.
Anyone ever figure out where people got their dosing info from?
Recommended clinical doses aren't required for bb'ers on these drugs.
I'll agree on swales HCG protocol it's been proven golden amonst the madness of the past where people took 1,500 -2,500 ius ED or EOD.

The Wolf said:
Ive know people to use 5000 and 7000 ius per week. I shoot 5000 myself, in future what am I supposed to do mix it up and only take a quarter out of the bottle? Do I keep the rest in the fridge. I only got 5000iu bottles and now you got me worried:confused:

I had the same question on another board. One vet suggested that you reconstitute the whole vial of 5000 i.u. Then draw the whole contents up in a slin pin. Shoot 500 i.u. at a time and place the pin back in the refrigerator. Use a new slin needle of course for each injection.

STEEDA69 said:
* You’ve never seen this PCT protocol anywhere
* This is the most effective PCT you’ll ever see
Those 2 statements make me question the legitimacy of the author and his theory.

Koevoet said:
Those 2 statements make me question the legitimacy of the author and his theory.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

As for the HCG storage. I would try to buy the 1500iu amps or the little 2000iu chinese vials of HCG. If not and you can only get the 5000iu amps, then just reconstitute the whole amp and suck up your desired amount (250-500iu) into several slin pins and put them in the fridge. Use when needed, it should last 4-6 weeks in reconstituted in the fridge. No more than 500iu shoudl be used at a time thoguh.

Ok I will do that from now on, but like I said before I know that most people shoot 5000-7000 a time. I think you have to go really ott like take 5000 a day for 2 weeks to destroy your laydeg cells (fuck that if I spelled it right).

But from now on I will go the even safer way, nice one hella swole:)

The Wolf said:
Ok I will do that from now on, but like I said before I know that most people shoot 5000-7000 a time. I think you have to go really ott like take 5000 a day for 2 weeks to destroy your laydeg cells (fuck that if I spelled it right).

But from now on I will go the even safer way, nice one hella swole:)

Yea, you may be right about having to do it for at 5000iu a day for two weeks for this to actually happne, but then again, do you really want to take that chance??? I think not. Not to mention the fac that evrything in this game seems to be entirely individualistic, so some people could be extra sensitive while others may not.

This is why it is sooo important to research before yo put anything into your body.

If bloodwork for the hpta was as easy as testing glucose levels we'd get a lot of data quickly to see what works and what does not.

I just spoke to a friend who was severely suppressed a long time after his cycle. An endocrinologist put him on large dosages of HCG for 2 or 3 months (I forget which) straight and it worked. He recovered.

This is another Protocol for Anabolic Steroid Induced Hypogonadism (ASIH)

**broken link removed**
By Michael C. Scally, M.D

HCG @ 2500iu's EOD x 8 shots
Clomid 50mg twice a day (12 hrs apart 100mg total) for 30 days.
Nolvadex 20mg for 45 days.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Dave palumbo recommends:
hcg 2,000 every 4th day
clomid 100mg ED
length 2-3months

Once Ive mixed the Hgc with the liquid and put it back in the fridge how long would it last? Im sure the life is a less than had it been not mixed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131