over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thick and thin...

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I notice that everyone these days is trying to get their oils thinner and slin pins are all the rage but am I psycho for feeling that thicker oils seem to have a longer-lasting effect with less soreness following pokes?

I may be crazy so...

Thoughts?

p.s. have a great week everyone. and watch your cholesterol ratios and BP for crying out loud! Ha!

(my lifting bud thinks his 140+/90+ is just fine, ugh)

I agree. whenever I inject thicker oil it never hurts. its always that thin oil that has a bite. is this because the thin oil has EO? I don't know

Not me man. Personally i don't feel a difference in the effects of the gear. I want the smaller pin that doesn't take forever. Right now i am using 25G 1/2" pins and love them. I also use slin pins from time to time.

Back in the day we used 18 or 20g and man did those hurt.

Depends on the oil/compound. MCT is painless for me, but EO hurts. Nothing beats GSO, though.

In my experience, thinner the oil = more discomfort.

In other words, I seldom get pain that's very bad. Maybe I have a higher pain threshold, I don't know. But I've tried them all as you can probably understand and thinner, at least for me, does not always = better.

I though I had read somewhere it's one of the properties of faster acting compounds to have crystals at a slightly higher melting point. It's the deposit of these higher melting point crystals that don't desolve as quickly as a slower acting compound are what cause PIP.

I think that's why the faster acting compounds tipically are dosed no more than 100mg/ml. Example being if test p were dosed at 200mg/ml no matter how thick or thin the oil would cause some serious PIP!

As for pinning I backload a 29g slin pin with thick or thin oil and heat up the syringe in hot water for 5 minutes. It takes minute or two on the plunger but it's completely painless.

I though I had read somewhere it's one of the properties of faster acting compounds to have crystals at a slightly higher melting point. It's the deposit of these higher melting point crystals that don't desolve as quickly as a slower acting compound are what cause PIP.

I think that's why the faster acting compounds tipically are dosed no more than 100mg/ml. Example being if test p were dosed at 200mg/ml no matter how thick or thin the oil would cause some serious PIP!

As for pinning I backload a 29g slin pin with thick or thin oil and heat up the syringe in hot water for 5 minutes. It takes minute or two on the plunger but it's completely painless.
That would be good for delts and calves definitely. (I also use lats, pecs, and sometimes tri's)

I can't use a slin pin for glutes... not long enough to get a deep IM inj.

I never do quads. I always strike a nerve. Maybe it goes back to the disaster of my first inj.

Ah, what the hell, I have a minute. I can tell the story. The way that went down is that I read that to do an inj yourself, plunge the pin into the muscle like a dart. Well, lol, let me tell you, I was sitting on the toilet and I sent that sucker right to the bone! My foot shot straight out like a reflex and I nearly fell off the lid of the toilet. My torso lurched forward and I snapped the pin right off the plunger, with little pulses of blood coming out the broken end of the pin. I screamed like a girlscout that just had an anvil dropped on her foot. Thank heavens there was enough metal above the skin to pull it out. My girl called from downstairs what was wrong. I screamed, "Nothing!" while dapping up little spots of oil and blood all over the place like Wiley Coyote or some shit. Since then, I think I have a mental block on quads.

Haven't had much pip from any gear ive ever ran. Probably tried out 15 diff brands. The only thing that hurt was some primo ace... But after reading it's not really suppose to be in injectable form. I had to throw away 5 vials of it

I too don't do quad injections. Those left me sore no matter what. Rotate between chest, traps, shoulders.. Middle and rear delts. Biceps, and glutes. I miss doing triceps but they are hard to hit doing alone. I use to love lats but I hit too many veins and got the cough there.

Last edited:
That would be good for delts and calves definitely. (I also use lats, pecs, and sometimes tri's)

I never do quads. I always strike a nerve. Maybe it goes back to the disaster of my first inj.

Ah, what the hell, I have a minute. I can tell the story. The way that went down is that I read that to do an inj yourself, plunge the pin into the muscle like a dart. Well, lol, let me tell you, I was sitting on the toilet and I sent that sucker right to the bone! My foot shot straight out like a reflex and I nearly fell off the lid of the toilet. My torso lurched forward and I snapped the pin right off the plunger, with little pulses of blood coming out the broken end of the pin. I screamed like a girlscout that just had an anvil dropped on her foot. Thank heavens there was enough metal above the skin to pull it out. My girl called from downstairs what was wrong. I screamed, "Nothing!" while dapping up little spots of oil and blood all over the place like Wiley Coyote or some shit. Since then, I think I have a mental block on quads.

Holy fuck! That's my biggest fear.

Ah, what the hell, I have a minute. I can tell the story. The way that went down is that I read that to do an inj yourself, plunge the pin into the muscle like a dart. Well, lol, let me tell you, I was sitting on the toilet and I sent that sucker right to the bone! My foot shot straight out like a reflex and I nearly fell off the lid of the toilet. My torso lurched forward and I snapped the pin right off the plunger, with little pulses of blood coming out the broken end of the pin. I screamed like a girlscout that just had an anvil dropped on her foot. Thank heavens here was enough metal above the skin to pull it out. My girl called from downstairs what was wrong. I screamed, "Nothing!" while dapping up little spots of oil and blood all over the place like Wiley Coyote or some shit. Since then, I think I have a mental block on quads.

Is that how u came up with your handle name mate ?..

OuchThatHurts

lol

sorry bad joke.

u say u send the pin right to the bone. Was it like a 5 inch long horse pin ? lol I can't imagine u having skinny quads no chance so just curious how u managed to get it that deep that it touched the actual thigh bone femur. if u were sitting on toilet was your knees in extension and quads nice & loose or knees semi flexed .

I do most of my shots in thighs. I don't pin a lot anyway. I fucked my left delt in younger days once , abscess sort of , did a shot in hurry before gym. invincible days when I use to pin like van damme use to shot him in universal soldier film !! It become a big pimple sort of thing. I don't think i even went to doc , cant remember exactly . I was young and it didn't hurt so I thought it will heal by itself and disappear as a wound would do.

Well it did not disappear so I had a cosmetic surgeon work on it years later hoping it doesn't look swollen and he cut it off and it still looks massive bump when it healed like as if its got fluid sort of thing in it . Had surgery in 2013. Useless cosmetic surgeon fuck knows what shit job he did . I still get asked to this day ' shit whats that bump on your delts ' :banghead::banghead:

I just avoid cosmetic areas which are in open. I would not have bothered as much if it was like on my glut or quads anywhere hidden sort of areas . I need to revisit another cosmetic surgeon hopefully next year or so to correct it. oh well . I still do delt shots occasionally as I like doing delts but I am so damn careful , fucking dejavu it is every time I am about to pin in delts. not nice. I fear it will happen again but touchwood I have never had a repeat of it.

Holy fuck! That's my biggest fear.
I knew a guy years ago that lost his balance and snapped a pin off in his glute - nothing above the skin. No pin in sight. He ended up cutting himself with a hobby knife and pulled that shit out. Immediately went to ER told them he sat down on the knife by accident. That's probably what I would do too. Just find something to bite down on, cut it open, just pull that shit out, get to the ER.

Geez, I could tell you some horror stories. Especially with some of the machines. Man... I've been fortunate!

I knew a guy years ago that lost his balance and snapped a pin off in his glute - nothing above the skin. No pin in sight. He ended up cutting himself with a hobby knife and pulled that shit out. Immediately went to ER told them he sat down on the knife by accident. That's probably what I would do too. Just find something to bite down on, cut it open, just pull that shit out, get to the ER.

Geez, I could tell you some horror stories. Especially with some of the machines. Man... I've been fortunate!

I'd pass the fuck out honestly. There is no way in hell I'm going "Saw 3D" on myself. But I guess you can't say never unless you've been in the position.

I notice that everyone these days is trying to get their oils thinner and slin pins are all the rage but am I psycho for feeling that thicker oils seem to have a longer-lasting effect with less soreness following pokes?

I may be crazy so...

Thoughts?

p.s. have a great week everyone. and watch your cholesterol ratios and BP for crying out loud! Ha!

(my lifting bud thinks his 140+/90+ is just fine, ugh)

Man, I've been quietly using the slin pin, but I've been afraid to mention it, since there are always some guys who want to tell you "the right way." I don't mind taking the time to fill them up just using the standard grape-seed oil, minimal BB and BA. Thin enough for me. Daily injections, short esters.

But yah you're right, yet you still have to consider the BB and such. You've got to consider the whole preparation. A oil where the hormone stays-put and doesn't leach-out right away.

Is that how u came up with your handle name mate ?..

OuchThatHurts

lol

sorry bad joke.

u say u send the pin right to the bone. Was it like a 5 inch long horse pin ? lol I can't imagine u having skinny quads no chance so just curious how u managed to get it that deep that it touched the actual thigh bone femur. if u were sitting on toilet was your knees in extension and quads nice & loose or knees semi flexed .
Brother, that happened well over 10 years ago. Before I was even on this board. Even still, my quads are thick as shit but check this out. Sit down on a chair and relax. Push your thumb or index finger on top of your quad until you feel the femur. If you think there's 1.5 inches between your fingertip and that bone, well, you'd probably be wrong. You'd have to have some SERIOUSLY thick muscle hangin' on you. Remember, a standing 34in thigh only has a 5in radius - until you sit down that is... then most of the muscle hangs below the femur. What doesn't is stretched.

I'd pass the fuck out honestly. There is no way in hell I'm going "Saw 3D" on myself. But I guess you can't say never unless you've been in the position.
I got it! Go to the ER and tell them you sat down on your towel at the beach and something jabbed you in the ass. When you looked under the towel, there was a syringe there. Boom. They'll give you a local and take it out no problems.

But, they're going to demand you get an AIDS test. But I would just skip it. I think your right to NOT get tested is still protected.

I'd still probably just cut it out myself. What's 3 or 4 stitches? I'd probably even do the sutures myself. I still have some. In the old days, I (anybody) could buy stitches at any medical store. I like to keep them in my first aid kit. Now it takes some paperwork (Rx or creds) to get them. But I just buy them online. I put 3 stitches in my hand deep in the wilderness after cutting myself jumping over a rock like dumbass. It wasn't any kind of Rambo shit. Took ten minutes and some gauze and I was up and running minus some blood. Just suck it up.

I got it! Go to the ER and tell them you sat down on your towel at the beach and something jabbed you in the ass. When you looked under the towel, there was a syringe there. Boom. They'll give you a local and take it out no problems.

But, they're going to demand you get an AIDS test. But I would just skip it. I think your right to NOT get tested is still protected.

I'd still probably just cut it out myself. What's 3 or 4 stitches? I'd probably even do the sutures myself. I still have some. In the old days, I (anybody) could buy stitches at any medical store. I like to keep them in my first aid kit. Now it takes some paperwork (Rx or creds) to get them. But I just buy them online. I put 3 stitches in my hand deep in the wilderness after cutting myself jumping over a rock like dumbass. It wasn't any kind of Rambo shit. Took ten minutes and some gauze and I was up and running minus some blood. Just suck it up.
Oh shit. There goes my sleep...also I usually pin delts...

I like that excuse though, wonder if you can refuse an explanation, and just have them treat you. It's not like you came in with drugs in your system.

Oh shit. There goes my sleep...also I usually pin delts...

I like that excuse though, wonder if you can refuse an explanation, and just have them treat you. It's not like you came in with drugs in your system.
No, you're just a lean, 230lbs of solid beef with a pinn in your ass along with a reservoir of oil! HAHAHA! Nothing to see here right? Now that would take some cajones right there.

No, you're just a lean, 230lbs of solid beef with a pinn in your ass along with a reservoir of oil! HAHAHA! Nothing to see here right? Now that would take some cajones right there.
It was a B12 shot, I swear!

I've never noticed a diff in pain based on oil thickness, just different types of gear and solvents.
I'm trying the slin pin route because I am developing some scar tissue in my gluts and want to try ed injects in smaller muscles.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131