advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

thinking of DC training, ur thoughts on cardio and his diet?

was reading about DC's training. I see in the diet he mentions during a bulker its nothing to eat a couple Big Macs and a can of ravioli during the day, however he cuts out his carbs after 5 or 6pm. It looks pretty sound to me, didnt read anything about cardio though. I was going to have to do the Mon,Tues, Thurs Fri pattern because of my work schedule while taking Wed and weekends off. Also, how much cardio during this do yall do? Maybe 2-3x/wk ? Just enough to keep the bloat off I suppose? Thanx

was reading about DC's training. I see in the diet he mentions during a bulker its nothing to eat a couple Big Macs and a can of ravioli during the day, however he cuts out his carbs after 5 or 6pm. It looks pretty sound to me, didnt read anything about cardio though. I was going to have to do the Mon,Tues, Thurs Fri pattern because of my work schedule while taking Wed and weekends off. Also, how much cardio during this do yall do? Maybe 2-3x/wk ? Just enough to keep the bloat off I suppose? Thanx

Oh no... not the big mac "official DC diet lol" You have to understand that Dante was a 285+ lb very ectomorphic guy working a labor intensive job at the time doing anything in his power to get the scale up... that is not a recommendation to anyone.

High Protein, carb cutoffs, food pairings, off day cardio, green tea etc are the basics of DC diets. Check out the site in my signature for some research into how things are done. Specifics won't be found unless you hire him or his protege SuperD but the basics are out there and tweaked to the individual based on genetics goals and feedback from the monthly weigh ins.

Cardio is based on your needs, if you are a very endomorphic guy who gets fat just watching a Pizza Hut commercial you might need to go as high as 60 minutes every morning but leg days... whereas the ecto on the opposite side of the spectrum might need none. In GENERAL though 3-4 times a week at 45 minutes should work for a lot of people. We try to do the cardio before breakfast(but after no carb protein shake/BCAAs and other supps) but it's most important to get it done.

I think this makes like the 5th DC topic this week haha.

Everything he says works... just remember that everybody is different. One of his stories includes a client that had to eat a container of ice cream a day (or something like that) to get in the extra calories on top of the adequate amounts of protein to grow. I certainly can't do that.

Eat clean, but be happy. If you're having chicken and rice, throw in some BBQ sauce. If you're going to KFC, get the boneless wings and don't get any starches. That's stuff I would do. Cardio is something I personally avoid until contest prep, so I like to back off on insane amounts of extra calories.

It's all relative to the individual. If you're not growing and getting stronger, you need to eat more. If you're getting fat, cut back on the sloppy calories. It's up to you to find out what works best.

Thanks a bunch guys, your posts are very helpful!! I think I'm going to eat similar to the diet I saw mentioned and not be so much of a slave to myself all of the time. However be sure to keep the cardio up enough to remain under 9-10% bf or so. I think I'll be good, this type of training will really suit my needs right now anyways, I have alot of shit going on in life and a kid on the way within the next few weeks. I'll check out the site in your sig bro, thanx again

in addition to your question about the diet, you should be starting on the 2 way split, everybody starts on the 2 way, even national and pro level guys..

in addition to your question about the diet, you should be starting on the 2 way split, everybody starts on the 2 way, even national and pro level guys..

By no means am i advanced but i started with the two way split and i am absolutely loving it. I am getting to hit my bodyparts more frequently and i am trying to follow the basic precepts of the diet(not the big mac and all) but the gist of it from all of the articles i have found. I love being able to go to the gym three days a week and still growing. i went into it thinking my recovery abilities were advanced and all but honestly it is the perfect amount of work for me and i find that beating the log book is a blast. I sure don't want to lose any of my favorite exercises so it definitely makes the workouts much more serious.

Anyway, i love it and would reccommend anyone looking to try something new to give it a try.

Not to hijack the thread but i have a quick question, can someone pm me any official DC trainers they know of out there.

THanks!

Do you know where that big mac and ravioli thing came from....I was asked about 9 years ago what I ate calorie wise (and i gave the specifics of the day before)....I was honest and put down what I had eaten.

Some guy took that post and cut and pasted it out of context in some kind of "DC manual" (Ive never written a DC manual and ive never given diet specifics because you cannot cookie cutter a diet....what works for 330 pound obese johnny aint going to work for 145 pound stickboy Jones)

that can of ravioli thing and big macs has been passed around for 9 years now as the "official DC diet" and it is like a scarlet letter I cannot get away from.

If you ever ever ever ever ever see a "DC manual" or DC zip file or whatever....that means some guy took some posts I made back on Animals board 8,9,10 years ago and just threw them together and you dont know if im talking to some guy who is 55 and diabetic or some guy who is 16 and obese or some guy who is 25 and 140 pounds....

If i knew everything I posted a decade ago was going to be cut and pasted I would of spent alot more time thinking out the consequences of every tidbit I typed before i hit that "submit reply" button.

Question to everyone reading this....what did you eat this past Sunday? Now think 10 years down the road when you see for the 5000th time that people are still cutting and pasting what you ate sunday as your official diet.....welcome to my world....sheesh

Not to hijack the thread but i have a quick question, can someone pm me any official DC trainers they know of out there.

Dante and SuperD are the only current guys training people.

Hey whats wrong with Big Mac's and ravoli's ???

But I like those dollar double cheese burgers, and small fries for an offseason meal ...LOL !!! :D

chris

Do you know where that big mac and ravioli thing came from....I was asked about 9 years ago what I ate calorie wise (and i gave the specifics of the day before)....I was honest and put down what I had eaten.

Some guy took that post and cut and pasted it out of context in some kind of "DC manual" (Ive never written a DC manual and ive never given diet specifics because you cannot cookie cutter a diet....what works for 330 pound obese johnny aint going to work for 145 pound stickboy Jones)

that can of ravioli thing and big macs has been passed around for 9 years now as the "official DC diet" and it is like a scarlet letter I cannot get away from.

If you ever ever ever ever ever see a "DC manual" or DC zip file or whatever....that means some guy took some posts I made back on Animals board 8,9,10 years ago and just threw them together and you dont know if im talking to some guy who is 55 and diabetic or some guy who is 16 and obese or some guy who is 25 and 140 pounds....

If i knew everything I posted a decade ago was going to be cut and pasted I would of spent alot more time thinking out the consequences of every tidbit I typed before i hit that "submit reply" button.

Question to everyone reading this....what did you eat this past Sunday? Now think 10 years down the road when you see for the 5000th time that people are still cutting and pasting what you ate sunday as your official diet.....welcome to my world....sheesh

hahahahha, no shit!! Yea, I can see where that would get old, but hell look at it like this....the program and diet obviously makes sense to enough people to post that. As an avid and experienced bodybuilder for the past 12 yrs I thought it made perfect logical sense!!! Cut out the carbs after 5-6 pm, and if you have a burger here or there fuck it. I'm just hitting the cardio 3x/wk to keep some bloat off and we'll see where this gets me. To be honest with you guys, I started cutting for about 8 wks or so and got down to 225-230 lbs from about 245 lbs, abs were pretty good and was floating around 8% bf or so. I was up in the air about a show in June, but I realized that I have a child on the way and right now is not the time to put myself and my contest first. So I decided that if I wasn't going to do the show then why not try and maintain my current bodyfat but focus on some quality size. The DC diet I read looked so appealing to me because it looked cheap. It looked like some training principles that would keep my bloat and bf in check, but some diet things that would aid in some serious growth as well. I think switching to this type of training is what I really need ya know? I think its going to be a great way to grow again, keep money in my bank account, and try giving my family a little more quality of life and more of my time. Again, thank you to everyone who has input on this thread.

DOGGCRAPP; said:

Sunday I ate nothing. It was my "fast day" as part of my longevity research.

Do that every day and you die. :D

Have not, but I'm looking to hire SuperD in the fall/winter.

Have not, but I'm looking to hire SuperD in the fall/winter.

I worked with SuperD in my last "off-season." He's a great guy and helped me out in many many aspects. I would certainly suggest him to anyone. Very quick at responding to emails and even takes the time to shoot the shit with you which is not usual as most trainers online have so many clients it's hard for them to take that "get-to-know-you-time" with all the emails they have to constantly sift through.

I wonder what they charge their clients, I may look into it myself.

On another note, I just got home a little while ago from day 1 of the program. Let me just say this, looking at the program at first it really didn't look like much, until I got in there. What a fucking balls to the wall training session. I swear I dont think I've trained that hard in a year. It was only 1 work set per bodypart but when you go all out, RP, go all out for a few more, then do the static rep, what a brutal set!!! I had a couple guys who spotted me and they were like "dude, fuck that, hurts just watchin ya" LOL but all in all good workout, hella pump and the intensity was through the roof. I hit 315/7 on incline, RP then another 3 (w/ spotter) then rested about 20-30 seconds and then the static rep, which BTW is a bitch!! Deadlifts were decent, 500/7 on my work set, hopefully I'll be at 10 reps with that within the next 3-4 wks or so. I will say this, after 4 wks of this type of training the 2 wk period of backing off will def. be needed!!! All in all I think I'm going to like this alot. I'm running 600mg/wk EQ, 300mg/wk prop, and I'm doing the synthetek in my bi's and my tri's simultaneously. I'm going to get a couple bottles of IGF-1 to use when my synthetek gets to the end of the 30 days, I think if I used something like IGF-1 which promoted some tissue increase it'd fuel the fire with my synthetek gains and also help during my 6 wk maintenance I'm going to do after my initial 30 day run with it. Ok, now I'm just rambling, peace

You can/should email Dante at the address in his signature for that sort of information.

To make sure you did things right... can you explain your chest set?

you did 315, 7+3+ a static? or was that 7+2+1+ a static? We try not to do any forced reps but a spot on the last rep is alrightif needed. Just make a note on which reps got a spot so you know what YOU have to beat next time, otherwise you are trying to beat what you+ a spotter did.

The blasts aren't necessarily 4 weeks long every time, that's just what Dante was doing back then and they can be from 4-8 weeks super supp wise and 2-3 week cruising... your choices there. I don't have the experience to give any more advice than that on that subject. It sounds like you are basing all of the information off the very old school Cycles for Pennies work(probably a copy/paste "article")... there is updated info out there if you search for it for the training, diet, and super supp side of things.

You can/should email Dante at the address in his signature for that sort of information.

To make sure you did things right... can you explain your chest set?

you did 315, 7+3+ a static? or was that 7+2+1+ a static? We try not to do any forced reps but a spot on the last rep is alrightif needed. Just make a note on which reps got a spot so you know what YOU have to beat next time, otherwise you are trying to beat what you+ a spotter did.

The blasts aren't necessarily 4 weeks long every time, that's just what Dante was doing back then and they can be from 4-8 weeks super supp wise and 2-3 week cruising... your choices there. I don't have the experience to give any more advice than that on that subject. It sounds like you are basing all of the information off the very old school Cycles for Pennies work(probably a copy/paste "article")... there is updated info out there if you search for it for the training, diet, and super supp side of things.

To be specific, I did 315/7, probably a spot a little on the last 2 reps. Then I RP, and 315/3, the spotter had to help me on the last 2 reps there, I just didnt have it in me at that point. THEN the static, So 10 reps total plus the static on top of that. As far as the cycle goes, it started off with 50mg/day of dbol and 700mg/wk prop, I did that for about 3 or 4 wks, then came in with the 600mg/wk EQ and dropped the prop down to 300mg/wk and also started my synthetek at the same time. So the cycle will be a total of 14 wks long or so, 10 wks total on EQ and low dose prop. I'm probably going to run a bridge of low dose primo after along w/ the IGF on/off, still up in the air on that one though. I'm not familiar with the cycle for pennies article, should I be?

I'm only going to comment on the training part... AAS is not my forte in the least.

You should really reset the logbook to get all your reps in yourself and only using a spot when you absolutely need it. You will learn a ton by picking up the official DVD and watching a couple of his trainees Jason and Franco(Bulldog21 here) go through full DC workouts real time.

Maybe back it down to 285-295 and shoot for 11-15RP total without any forced reps next time. Something like 8+3+2=13RP would be perfect. Then use your spotter to help you with the static and lowering on the negative to end each "set" if possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dx-I-i9nxY Ron Harris does a full RP set here

Cycles for Pennies was the thread at Animal's board the introduced most peope to DC training... it shows the framework but many things have changed since then but is still copied and pasted all over the place much to Dante's dismay. IM is the place for up to date DC diet and training info... super supp wise you need to search pretty far and wide(or hire them) because it's not something Dante likes talking about anymore. He leaves most things to personal choice though, but of course has his own theories on what works best(blast/cruise).

I'm only going to comment on the training part... AAS is not my forte in the least.

You should really reset the logbook to get all your reps in yourself and only using a spot when you absolutely need it. You will learn a ton by picking up the official DVD and watching a couple of his trainees Jason and Franco(Bulldog21 here) go through full DC workouts real time.

Maybe back it down to 285-295 and shoot for 11-15RP total without any forced reps next time. Something like 8+3+2=13RP would be perfect. Then use your spotter to help you with the static and lowering on the negative to end each "set" if possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dx-I-i9nxY Ron Harris does a full RP set here

Cycles for Pennies was the thread at Animal's board the introduced most peope to DC training... it shows the framework but many things have changed since then but is still copied and pasted all over the place much to Dante's dismay. IM is the place for up to date DC diet and training info... super supp wise you need to search pretty far and wide(or hire them) because it's not something Dante likes talking about anymore. He leaves most things to personal choice though, but of course has his own theories on what works best(blast/cruise).

Thanx man, I'll look into it

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner