over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on the finality of death

PHIL HERNON

Banned
I see sometimes when someone passes that people will say. "He always gave and expected nothing in return...."....well, I say, WHY NOT GIVE SOMETHING IN RETURN INSTEAD OF TAKING AT THE TIME.......GIVE BACK ....Maybe I feel this way because Big Bapper just passed away...........he gave and gave,,,,but who gave back to him??? Think about it guys.....this sport is SELFISH......think about others for once before they are gone forever......then you dont have to say "what if".

Sad cause you shouldn't need such a wake-up call, but tragic events like this one make you realize when to tend to forget it what a gift and how precious life is... :eek:

I see sometimes when someone passes that people will say. "He always gave and expected nothing in return...."....well, I say, WHY NOT GIVE SOMETHING IN RETURN INSTEAD OF TAKING AT THE TIME.......GIVE BACK ....Maybe I feel this way because Big Bapper just passed away...........he gave and gave,,,,but who gave back to him??? Think about it guys.....this sport is SELFISH......think about others for once before they are gone forever......then you dont have to say "what if".
Well said Phil,
Maybe we should start a fund for his family...:confused:

There's been way to much depressing news around here lately. really makes you step back and look at your life style.

Terrible News

What terrible news (but good idea by Phil). Not more than 2 minutes ago did I send Big A an e-mail with praise for the great Mods he's assembled and then one of the best is gone. So sad.... there is just so much bad news lately.

RIP Big Bapper

You're absolutely right Phil

I learned that helping others, being selfless, is something that has given me a lot of satisfaction in my life. The favors are returned when you least expect it. Remember, pay it back and pay it forward!

Phil,

thats about life in general if you talk about doing something just do it. My biggest fear is to be an old man sitting on a porch or in a bed thinking about all the risks I should of taken or things I should of done.

I agree about this being a selfish sport. Thats why the success rate with bodybuilders and marriages is almost non existant. I pretty much lost my wife b/c of my selfishness of this sport and I dont even compete. At the end of the day its just not worth it, but its so damn addicting.

Phil...I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately, the human function tends to allow tragic moments to allow for the reflection and hope of change. Most if not all of us have faced the loss of someone close, and the impact it makes that "damn it I'm gonna change, I'm gonna be different". Although the intention is well, and the determination great, after a while time, like gravity, pulls us back to the person we are. Not always mind you...

The loss of Bapper, friends, loved ones, really does force me to look at my finality and how do I want to be remembered, and what I am willing to do to give and to keep giving. Love gives and endures all things...

Thanks for giving here Phil...and I mean that...because you do share a lot and you do give out a lot of information and you help others. Although, ya might piss a few off along the way. ;)

Peace...

it's not just selfishness of this sport, it's selfishness of human beings in general.

I know here in America it's gotten to a point where we are about to implode on ourselves, everyone wants something for nothing and keeps tricking the system into getting it regardless of who gets hurt. Those who are gone are long forgotten to make room for the next big thing.

Phil, you are correct. This is a selfish sport. That is why when people like Big Bapper (RIP) and others give so much so willingly, it is refreshing. I have tried, over my years to contribute and give back as you call it without expecting a return. I do so of my own free will and a love of helping others achieve what they set out to do. Big Bapper was the most fitting example of generosity in our sport. The man never asked anything of anyone except for "RESPECT". Well he got my respect from day one and will continue that respect long after his passing. Thanks BB, you were a true gentleman in more ways than one.

Death may sound final but my view is from death comes life. He will live on through his daughter and lovely wife.

I don't usually come to this form but popped along here this morning.Via an mail{PM}
I've viewed a few posts and have noticed that here are a lot of good giving people here.
I believe that in bodybuilding,the people that do it for negative reasons fall by the way.Those that are left and make a life commitment of it are some of the most positive and genuine people I have meet.

We do consume a lot,but you must do to radiate a lot.

Sorry to hear you guys and gals lost your good Friend.

Seamus was a guy who helped a ton of young guys like myself with his knowledge of this sport. He could've quite possibly saved the life of some young kid doing things in an unsafe manner ya know. We forget how dangerous this sport can get!..shit!..i just was watching RTB2 and am at the part were Anthony D’Arezzo tragically passes. I know that there are A LOT of good bros here who have helped guys like me and many others overcome problems in their lives and I hope you guys who do give back know how much you are appreciated

RJ

IF YA HAVE A WIFE OR KIDS.. TELL THEM THAT YOU LOVE THEM.. unfortunately we never know what will happen from one moment to the next.. today had really shown my that with bap and my friend john..

well phil is right. however....promuscle is a place where there is not much selfishness. everyone here gives in their own way, its one of the reasons it is what it is here. everyone cares. there are not many places like it in the whole world. i remember when i got here. i was given a lot of help by people like big a, kiwi, phil, edge250, rajin,mr huge and host of others. none of them had to help me with shit.....but they did.
its sad.....a friend of mine whome i known for 17 years, and was really close with commited suicide 2 weeks ago leaving 5 kids and a wife behind. since then ive reminded myself everyday, not to put things off, tell the people i love how much i care, help as many people as i can, and just stop and smell the roses for a min every single day. live life on my terms, and enjoy what time i have left on the earth.

guys we mourn bapper....but the lesson he leaves is....help as many as you can, and always be a good person. he would want it that way.

lucian

well phil is right. however....promuscle is a place where there is not much selfishness. everyone here gives in their own way, its one of the reasons it is what it is here. everyone cares. there are not many places like it in the whole world. i remember when i got here. i was given a lot of help by people like big a, kiwi, phil, edge250, rajin,mr huge and host of others. none of them had to help me with shit.....but they did.
its sad.....a friend of mine whome i known for 17 years, and was really close with commited suicide 2 weeks ago leaving 5 kids and a wife behind. since then ive reminded myself everyday, not to put things off, tell the people i love how much i care, help as many people as i can, and just stop and smell the roses for a min every single day. live life on my terms, and enjoy what time i have left on the earth.

guys we mourn bapper....but the lesson he leaves is....help as many as you can, and always be a good person. he would want it that way.

lucian

very true! everyone here has helped me alot too. i love this place.

it sux that bapper is gone...... he was dedicated to this board and helping others as much as possible. not to mention the unbelievable amount of knowledge the guy had on all aspects of the sport!

I had no idea that this happend! I was away for a bit from here, needed a break. I am so sorry to hear this. Is there a thread that talks about how things transpired?

Big Bapper

Hi Guys
Your all so right that Seamus gave and gave and asked nothing in return this was one of the many star qualities he had and I loved him for his selflessness. But rest assuered I gave my love back to him ten fold over and that Im thankful for I still have nothing but love respect and admiration for my beloved Big Bapper I supported him in everything he did wether I ageed or not cause I would have done anything for him just like Seamus would have done anything for anyone no matter what!. Seamus never would have expected anything back in return cause that was just him all over one hell of a guy and a true legend. He was one in a million and I will always love him with all my heart and soul. The most respected and knowledgable bodybuilder i will ever have known RIP Seamus Warrington aka Big Bapper!!

Hi Guys
Your all so right that Seamus gave and gave and asked nothing in return this was one of the many star qualities he had and I loved him for his selflessness. But rest assuered I gave my love back to him ten fold over and that Im thankful for I still have nothing but love respect and admiration for my beloved Big Bapper I supported him in everything he did wether I ageed or not cause I would have done anything for him just like Seamus would have done anything for anyone no matter what!. Seamus never would have expected anything back in return cause that was just him all over one hell of a guy and a true legend. He was one in a million and I will always love him with all my heart and soul. The most respected and knowledgable bodybuilder i will ever have known RIP Seamus Warrington aka Big Bapper!!

This is one of the reasons he was so loved and respected.

Hope you and the little one are doing well Michelle.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws