over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on the finality of death

I see sometimes when someone passes that people will say. "He always gave and expected nothing in return...."....well, I say, WHY NOT GIVE SOMETHING IN RETURN INSTEAD OF TAKING AT THE TIME.......GIVE BACK ....Maybe I feel this way because Big Bapper just passed away...........he gave and gave,,,,but who gave back to him??? Think about it guys.....this sport is SELFISH......think about others for once before they are gone forever......then you dont have to say "what if".

Not all of us are solely in this sport. As a matter of fact it means nothing to me or my livelyhood. My parents were very giving people and so am I. I give and help because it makers me feel good inside to help someone else. Sort of something I can't buy the creates pleasure. Anyway, I do pretty much the same thing, though not to many on here, but in my normal life and circle of friends I do. Also when Bapper died, our friend BigA started a fund, put his own money up and this board raised over $10,000 for his wife and child. I don't think that is too bad for someone who didn't know or shake hands with the majority of the people on the board even once. All in all, I have to continue my path because as I said, it makes me feel good and complete.

I didn't read all the way through this as I am Windows Mobile at the moment, but I just saw our own Michelle replied and that is why this bumped up. Michelle you are a class act and I hope your pain eases over time. Seamus will be missed dearly by all.

Maybe Acts 24:15?

I see sometimes when someone passes that people will say. "He always gave and expected nothing in return...."....well, I say, WHY NOT GIVE SOMETHING IN RETURN INSTEAD OF TAKING AT THE TIME.......GIVE BACK ....Maybe I feel this way because Big Bapper just passed away...........he gave and gave,,,,but who gave back to him??? Think about it guys.....this sport is SELFISH......think about others for once before they are gone forever......then you dont have to say "what if".
The problem is in thinking after you die its over...its not the end.

Obviously this being my first post here, im kind of new to this. Not the sport, just the internet online forum thing.
I have no clue who this Bapper fellow is, or was rather but he seems like a very like person. Although i didnt know this man, i am saddened by any loss of life especially when its lost so young.
I wish i had money to contribute to his family but unfortunately like the majority of the country im in a economic bind bill wise.
I have read allot of other forums and im a member at some also, not just bodybuilding but MMA as well. This is the only forum i have seen with people like you guys. It takes allot to pull money from your own families needs in order to send to someone you never met.
I am known on mostly MMA boards as thats my main reason for surfing discussion boards, but it seems like strength training and bodybuilding are becoming more intertwined with MMA so i ventured to learn more about this sport as well. After reading this post i am glad i did. Its nice to know there are still humans with hearts that havent been replaced with "Master cards".

HJ

The Teaching of The Buddha

Buddha teaches us as in the philosophy of reincarnation , That If one is of a good heart and spirit you will return in the circle of life again as a human i.e. (George Bush returns as a cockroach) Having said that his spirit/life force may even be that of the next New Born Baby you meet,that smiles at you:):).:cool: As in simple meaning "what comes around ,goes around"

This is one of the reasons he was so loved and respected.

Hope you and the little one are doing well Michelle.

Thank you Buddy, just reading this post now sorry I dont be on that often, but thank you ..The inquest into Big Bappers death shall be in the middle of March..The thought of it gives me a mixture of emotions as I want answers for me and Jessica but also the fact of having to relive it all again, But I will remain strong and do my very best for both Jessica and Seamus :)

X2?

I had no idea that this happend! I was away for a bit from here, needed a break. I am so sorry to hear this. Is there a thread that talks about how things transpired?
:yeahthat:

You're 100% right, you can't take anything with you. You can try to take care of the people behind you though. But how much do they need? I've been studying Buddhist teachings lately, and it teaches to give without greed. Even though they believe in Karma, how can you do good expecting something back. It kind of cancels all the good out doesn't it? Christian churches say, "Tithe to the Lord and he will recompensate you ten fold." That means, if you give one hundred dollars, you will get one thousand back. I say just give one dollar without the greed that you'll get something back, and everything will be fine.

As I read this post and what pepole comented I though about what Phil wrote and he is totally correct about the "what if" there are alot of people in this world who take alot of things for granted and never give back only take. There are alot people who give and never ask for anything in return, I know of about 5871 who gave and never asked for anything in return, that is the number of casualties from Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. When you look at that number take into consideration that 2648 of these casulaties were between the age of 18-22, not old enough to even leagally purchase alcohol, but old enough to die for our freedom, dont take things for granted.......

I know this isn't a new thread but the sentiment behind Phil's statement remains true. I heard it said one time, "I don't know why people bring flowers to funerals; I say give those flowers while that person's still alive." Now I try to live like that, give while those folks are still alive to know that you appreciate them!!

well said everyone,love your family and friends while they are here,and good people in general.before you know it your kids are grown up your and you spouse are old and alot of people you knew for a long time,are dead.i know its easer said then done ,but people we are here today ,and gone tommarow.im sorry for everyones loses,i have lost some importent people in my life too.you will never truely get over them,but you can always remember them and what they did while they where here .its sucks no way around it,some times it dosent seem fair.do your best while your still here,so you can say no regrets,ive done my best
god bless

well said everyone,love your family and friends while they are here,and good people in general.before you know it your kids are grown up your and you spouse are old and alot of people you knew for a long time,are dead.i know its easer said then done ,but people we are here today ,and gone tommarow.im sorry for everyones loses,i have lost some importent people in my life too.you will never truely get over them,but you can always remember them and what they did while they where here .its sucks no way around it,some times it dosent seem fair.do your best while your still here,so you can say no regrets,ive done my best
god bless

to add on...phil is right that body building is a selfish sport, but it doesn't have to be. for example i believe the best thing you can give is knowledge. it is up to that person how they use it. for example this website.. so many people are on it learning from each other including myself. i believe too that if you give it makes you of better spiritually to where it becomes habit to think of someone else other than yourself. also try this if you see someone doing something wrong at the gym correct them nicely... if they were doing something wrong and didn't know it they could blow out a shoulder or what have you. they didn't know it but you helped them. get it? love thy neighbor as thyself

Brings back bad memories

Seeing this brings back bad memories. I had just had my clot/heart attack about 1 year prior to this post. I had taken some time off this site to clear my mind and get away from things and then I read this thread. I was devasted. I remember Big Bapper posting about how he was doing phlebotomies to keep his hematocrit down and I told him how I had been doing the exact same thing as him the week before my clot/heat attack. Just about 2 or 3 days prior to my heart attack I had done my own phelbotomy to get my hemoglobin down to about 15.5 which is normal. I still got a clot. Bapper died from a clot. I felt like my forewarning to him had no effect. In some way I felt like I had not done enough.
Once you spend 5 days in ICU with your life hanging from a thread you realize what the hell is important in life and you realize that bodybuilding means very little in the course of things. I had a wife and 2 little girls, not too different from Big Bapper. Luckily I somehow lived, but he did not. I still think about Bapper's passing all the time, and must admit that I feel bitter about it and bitter about how my health and lifespan have so been diminished.
For all the guys out there with a wife and kids, a family, think about how what you do affects them just as much or more than you. No child should go through life without their father.
Once you go through a near death experience you learn to speak your mind and live with no regrets. One must speak from the heart and be careful not to tread on others feelings, to be kind an treat others as you want to be treated. Big Bapper was one of those guys that acted like that naturally. He was a kind soul.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws