over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thyroid labs help

mike036

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am currently prescribed 180mg desiccated thyroid and am using 20mg/day test cyp. No GH
My free T3 looks good but my free T4 is low and Tsh above 3. I can never get my Tsh lower than 3. 180mg of dessicated thyroid is a pretty hefty dose equal to about 27mcg T3 and 114mcg T4.

Free T3 3.6 2 - 4.4
T3 142 71- 180
T4 5.2 4.5- 12
Free T4 .79 .82- 1.77 Low
TSH 3.39 .45- 4.5
Reverse T3 12.5 9.2- 24.1
T3 uptake. 22 24- 39 Low
Free Thyroxine 1.1 1.2- 4.9 Low
Index

I am currently prescribed 180mg desiccated thyroid and am using 20mg/day test cyp. No GH
My free T3 looks good but my free T4 is low and Tsh above 3. I can never get my Tsh lower than 3. 180mg of dessicated thyroid is a pretty hefty dose equal to about 27mcg T3 and 114mcg T4.

Free T3 3.6 2 - 4.4
T3 142 71- 180
T4 5.2 4.5- 12
TSH 3.39 .45- 4.5
T3 uptake. 22 24- 39 Low
Index
Are you supplementing the medication properly? Fasted, away from mineral supplements like iron magnesium calcium etc

T4 absorption is much more sensitive to these things than T3

Are you supplementing the medication properly? Fasted, away from mineral supplements like iron magnesium calcium etc

T4 absorption is much more sensitive to these things than T3
Yes, I take it in the middle of the night when I wake up to pee around 6 hours after my last meal

I have had some numbers off. How did you get a script, an Endo? Was it a pain in the ass to get?

Free T3 3.6 2 - 4.4
T3 142 71- 180
T4 5.2 4.5- 12
TSH 3.39 .45- 4.5
T3 uptake. 22 24- 39 Low
Index
How do you feel? Are your vitals good? If you’re feeling good, I wouldn’t mess with anything.

I have had some numbers off. How did you get a script, an Endo? Was it a pain in the ass to get?
I did a virtual with a wellness doctor. He tested everything, all hormones. Check it out for yourself. Monroe Wellness Center 609.662.4714 - it was $29 for him to write the script for bloodwork and my insurance covered it.

How do you feel? Are your vitals good? If you’re feeling good, I wouldn’t mess with anything.
That’s the problem. I haven’t felt good since I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a couple of years ago. Everything else was good. My iron was a little high (185 top end of normal is 169)due to me taking 50mg iron bisglycinate every other day for the past 6 weeks trying to get my ferritin up from 26. It is now 60

Also, besides the $29 consultation fee to write the script for bloodwork they want $125 of the next appointment if you continue with them

Are you taking GH?

I also always have low FT4 but FT3 in the upper range. I only take 12.5 T3 but have to give 150 T4 to be in the normal range. i feel good..... but i am on high dose GH 10-15iu

Free T3 3.6 2 - 4.4
T3 142 71- 180
T4 5.2 4.5- 12
TSH 3.39 .45- 4.5
T3 uptake. 22 24- 39 Low
Index
All your numbers suggest hypo except the free T3 reading; which is confusing. I'm wondering if there is some interaction in the testing methodology that is causing the T3 to be artificially elevated. Or something going on in your body that is preventing the T3 from binding and exerting its actions. I wish Stewie was still around, he would know the answer here.

All your numbers suggest hypo except the free T3 reading; which is confusing. I'm wondering if there is some interaction in the testing methodology that is causing the T3 to be artificially elevated. Or something going on in your body that is preventing the T3 from binding and exerting its actions. I wish Stewie was still around, he would know the answer here.
Thanks for chiming in. I’m at a loss. My numbers make no sense. If I felt amazing I wouldn’t be concerned.

Thanks for chiming in. I’m at a loss. My numbers make no sense. If I felt amazing I wouldn’t be concerned.
I wonder if switching to simply individual t4 and t3 so you can vary and play with different dosage combos would help. Or even switching to a different brand of thyroid might work. I know some people where armour doesn’t work but naturethroid does and vice versa.

I wonder if switching to simply individual t4 and t3 so you can vary and play with different dosage combos would help. Or even switching to a different brand of thyroid might work. I know some people where armour doesn’t work but naturethroid does and vice versa.
Before the desicated thyroid I was on 150mcg/day of Levothyroxine. My free t3 was around 3.3 and my free t4 was around .90-1.1. TSH always between 3.2-4.2

Also, besides the $29 consultation fee to write the script for bloodwork they want $125 of the next appointment if you continue with them
Good info. Did you reach out to them just based on symptoms and they found the thyroid issue? Or did you already have thyroid blood work that led you to think you needed meds and other doctors wouldn't prescribe...so you found them?

Good info. Did you reach out to them just based on symptoms and they found the thyroid issue? Or did you already have thyroid blood work that led you to think you needed meds and other doctors wouldn't prescribe...so you found them?
I reached out to them. I am having hypothyroid symptoms still. They advertise that they specialize in thyroid disorders. I didn’t show them any bloodwork prior. They ordered so many tests including full thyroid panel including antibodies, testosterone, estradiol, prolactin, cmp 14, cbc, iron, ferritin, lipids, crp, vit d, homocysteine, dht

Before the desicated thyroid I was on 150mcg/day of Levothyroxine. My free t3 was around 3.3 and my free t4 was around .90-1.1. TSH always between 3.2-4.2

When you switched to desiccated thyroid did you notice any difference from being on just the T4? I'm thinking 2 things. Firstly, if you had a noticeable difference, then maybe you need to increase the dosage slightly and see if that changes things. The other thing, is if you are not noticing a difference; then could it possibly be something else going on in the body other than the thyroid that is making you feel like shit. With a free T3 of 3.6, you shouldn't feel like shit irrespective of the T4 and TSH levels. So while your blood work may not show any other issues; there could be something going on other than the thyroid that needs to be figured out.

When you switched to desiccated thyroid did you notice any difference from being on just the T4? I'm thinking 2 things. Firstly, if you had a noticeable difference, then maybe you need to increase the dosage slightly and see if that changes things. The other thing, is if you are not noticing a difference; then could it possibly be something else going on in the body other than the thyroid that is making you feel like shit. With a free T3 of 3.6, you shouldn't feel like shit irrespective of the T4 and TSH levels. So while your blood work may not show any other issues; there could be something going on other than the thyroid that needs to be figured out.
I am starting to think you are correct. All my blood work for everything else that was checked is normal. I honestly don’t feel much better since being on the dessictated thyroid. I do have a little more energy but still have fatigue, elevated heart rate at times and dry skin. I feel this is thyroid related in some way but can’t pinpoint it. I will ask for a slight increase when I am due for a refill and see if that helps. Thanks again for all your help

I’m prescribed levo, thyroxine, and armor thyroid and my numbers come back right in line.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity