over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Timing of Metformin for fat loss vs. muscle building

Your post made me think about getting a new one. I just found this site...

The Top 5 Best Glucose Disposal Agent Supplements for 2017

I haven't used any of those 5 products but just read the ingredients of the redcon1 product and it sounds great. I have heard 1st Phorm is a great product before but not sure. I will probably pick up one of those myself as they are great especially when dieting.

Would any one use metfornin with a cheat meal an if so would you take it before the meal or after?

Matt porter says he would take his (when dieting) afew hours after the meal b4 bed so he would wake up with lower blood sugar an jump straight into fat burning mode

But a lot of bodybuilders on my Instagram are using 2 GDA before cheat meals or high carb meals to "push carbs into muscles", I'm assuming met an gda are similar?

Any one here do either?

Depends on size of cheat meal. I'd do 500-1000mg just before starting the meal and then another 500-1000mg after the meal as Porter stated.

Most GDAs are going to force glucose into muscle cells, but also adipose and liver. Metformin along with two other single ingredients have been shown to only go to skeletal tissue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most GDAs are going to force glucose into muscle cells, but also adipose and liver. Metformin along with two other single ingredients have been shown to only go to skeletal tissue.

which are?

Nutrient partitioner

Lowering insulin technically lowers igf but that's nonsense. I've talked to Dave in person about metformin, lead the conversation purposefully to see if he had any knowledge on it and he does not. Very knowledgeable guy but not in that regard.

Thanks for Clearing that igf Confusion up....

So basically metformin can help shuttle the carbs More to muscle cells instead of fat cells,right?
The same reason I See some guys use t3 in order to absorb,digest,utilise protein more efficiently no matter if you bulk or Cut....
Sorry if this is off Topic but metformin plus t3 as the Ultimate nutrient partitioner or is this Not true?

Thanks for your help

The metformin debate has gone on and on since ive been a member of pm, but this is what I personaly believe about it based on medical studies and my own experimentation.

I did an experiment taking 500 metformin and 10 iu humalog pre-workout with pepto pro and gatorade as my intra shake....pumps were crazy painful almost too much. Studies show metformin targets muscle glycogen cells NOT liver glycogen. So all those carbs get shuttled right where we want them.

I did metformin in ketosis and guys said that was stupid....personally at the time I felt it kept me leaner....later I would research studies that showed that metformin inhibits gluconeogenesis. Now if the bodies ability to turn protein into glucose is inhibited than it makes sense that more of the aminos are left in the blood stream to promote protein synthesis...even in a state of low to zero carbs.

You r spot on bro!

I have noticed the same things also!
And in regard to metformin and lowering igf levels.. Same thing as nolvadex too!
Maybe in paper but not in real life ... Also all PM members here are at least on HRT and I believe this alone counter acts metformin or Nolva ability ( if any ) to drop igf levels to any serious degree that will impact muscle mass accumulation

Matador from ProjectAD has a better ingredient profile than those.

I do 1g SR with morning fasted cardio 1G with last meal of night which usually never has carbs. whites/yougrt usually.

Ill do 500mg reg metformin pre cheat meal with 2x matador and 2x ravenous with 1g SR pre bed.

Matador from ProjectAD has a better ingredient profile than those.

I do 1g SR with morning fasted cardio 1G with last meal of night which usually never has carbs. whites/yougrt usually.

Ill do 500mg reg metformin pre cheat meal with 2x matador and 2x ravenous with 1g SR pre bed.

I looked at that one earlier. I am sure it is great but I would say the redcon1 product has a better ingredient list. I am sure any one of them would do the job. I have used a few and all of them worked for me.

Your very welcome. I hate to see somebody disuaded from using a drug that has whole system health benefits. Nope doesn't matter, digestive preference man. If you find the metformin busts your gut initially then try timing it around meals vs with a meal. Data suggests that the absorption with food vs without is pretty close as a percentage.

I thought it was the opposite and absorption decreased based off this.
"Food decreases the extent of and slightly delays the absorption of metformin, as shown by approximately a 40% lower mean peak concentration (C,,,) and 25% lower area under the plasma concentration versus time curve (AUC), and a 35 minute prolongation of time to peak plasma concentration (Tmax) following administration of a single 850 mg tablet of metformin with food, compared to the same tablet strength administered fasting. The clinical relevance of these decreases is unknown."

Last edited:
I thought it was the opposite and absorption decreased based off this.
"Food decreases the extent of and slightly delays the absorption of metformin, as shown by approximately a 40% lower mean peak concentration (C,,,) and 25% lower area under the plasma concentration versus time curve (AUC), and a 35 minute prolongation of time to peak plasma concentration (Tmax) following administration of a single 850 mg tablet of metformin with food, compared to the same tablet strength administered fasting. The clinical relevance of these decreases is unknown."

You answered your own question, the clinical relevance is unknown. Delays not inhibits absorption. My patients take metformin with or without food and their success at maintaining euglycemia is the same.

Thanks for Clearing that igf Confusion up....

So basically metformin can help shuttle the carbs More to muscle cells instead of fat cells,right?
The same reason I See some guys use t3 in order to absorb,digest,utilise protein more efficiently no matter if you bulk or Cut....
Sorry if this is off Topic but metformin plus t3 as the Ultimate nutrient partitioner or is this Not true?

Thanks for your help

Yes, the body can partition nutrients better when aided with metformin. T3 will help if your thyroid is low, if it's normal functioning it will become catabolic if increased too high. I personally don't like messing with the thyroid under any circumstances unless you know what your doing or have a doc supervising. I've seen way too much chaos related to abnormal thyroid function in the clinical setting to deem it ok in our arena. Personal opinion.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131