over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Top 5 Olympia?

Tman2002

Registered
Who's goin to be in the top 5 this year? Below are some comments from a few judges.

Frank Zane, 3-time Mr. Olympia and a judge in this year's Challenge Round

"I won't prejudge who will be in the top five; however, I've never seen this guy Fedorov in person, but I saw the most fantastic leaning-back-three-quarter pose of his, and I've never seen a back like that in my life. My criteria for the ideal physique are great proportions with everything matching; outstanding shape to the muscle; good physique lines; incredible definition; superb posing display and ..... small waist. My rule for everybody in the show is belly out, you lose. You don't like it? I don't give a shit."

Franco Columbu, 2-time Mr. Olympia and a judge in this year's Challenge Round

"The most important quality a Mr. Olympia should have is a Herculean look. After that the whole body should be in proportion. You can't let a guy who is out of proportion be the winner. The big bellies - don't get me started. Another thing that pisses me off is guys lip syncing and gyrating to the music. Definition is, of course, very important, but the winner should also look healthy and vibrant: He shouldn't look like he is about to die."

|--[\\\]>------- Let's see everyone's Top 5. i am horrible at predicting these things, but my top 5 are (in no particular order):

Coleman
Cutler
D.Jackson
Cormier
Federov

Dexter won't be competing this year.

Gunter
Cutler
Coleman
Fedorov
James

Assuming the new IFBB judging criteria is practiced and just not preached,
these are my choices. I will be there.

1. Jay Cutler
2. Ronnie Coleman
3. Chris Cormier
4. Darrem Charles
5. Melvin Anthony

Again assuming the criteria is followed, those who will probably come
out on the short end are Ruhl, Federov, Dennis James, Gustavo Baddell.

This should be a very interesting Olympia!

Worldspan

miketasher said:
Coleman
Cutler
Cormier
Priest
Gunter(should be James or Martinez)
Priest has dropped out!

Worldspan

Im not real up to date on whi is in it, But heres the guys I like
1 Coleman
2 Gustavo
3 Dennis James
4 Cutler
5 Ruhl

what happen to priest? he could have been in the top 5 this year

|--[\\\]>------- Dexter and Priest out? That sucks. i love Dexters look and priest has always been one of my favs. Lots of ppl think that Darrem should do good, i REALLY think his physique awsome, but he just doesnt have the size.

My Picks

1. Ronnie Coleman
2. Jay Cutler
3. Chris Cormier
4. Dennis James
5. Gustavo Badell

Coleman
Cormier
Cutler
Badell
Charles

I agree depends on....

judges, either they go adhere to the new rule and uphold it or go with the same thing that has been sellling tickets for them, freaky mass and conditioning. So if they do not uphold the new no-belly and synthol rule, here r my pics.

1. Coleman (even though hes a BSN boy now)
2. Cutler (skipped other shows, size was impressive in '04, if he bring conditioning too could fight for #1)
3. Cormier (depends which shows up, 1999 CC or the soft '04 one, but he too can compete for #2 or #1 depending on him)
4. Federov (new weider boy, much pub so far, size and freakyness but after chest injury we shall see)
5. Dennis James (hope he does well, been fighting for quite awhile)

Sleeper - def vic marteniz, if he comes in shape, full, and hard he could be in the top 5 for sure.

gooey

I say that it will look something like this... But who knows...

1. Coleman
2. Cutler
3. Gunter
4. Federov
5. Cormier

Hate to see that Priest and Dexter are not competing...

when did priest pull out?? he was just on the cover of MD talking about the olympia

i love priest i'm really bummed to hear he's out ... is he definitely out for sure?

Coleman
Cutler
Badell
Cormier
Gunter

got this from muscle mayhem

glenihan said:
when did priest pull out?? he was just on the cover of MD talking about the olympia

i love priest i'm really bummed to hear he's out ... is he definitely out for sure?

Priest is out of Olympia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Chick on Getbig and also flexonline

OFFICIAL NOTICE: LEE has pulled out of the Olympia!!!

His decision is based on his disapproval with the way the show is run and handled, he beleives he has to stick to his word. The contract for the show is toataly restricting and one sided all the way for the promoters to the point it is dissrespectfull to the athletes in some instances.

The promoters requirements of the Athletes prior to the event is totaly unnessacery and shows no compasion for the compettitors. The athletes have to participate in promotional products for the promoter which have the potential to earn millions of dollars with not one cent being given back to the athlete.

The athlete has to sighn away his rights to image and likeness for promotianl and product endorsement with no financial compensation what so ever, plus in most cases go against there Sponcers obligations and rights.

All the athlete gets to be at the Super Bowl of Bodybuilding is there flight paid for, a room (with no cooking facilitys, and no microwaves) plus a $50 buck meal allowance, and 1 ticket to the event.

If the athlete chooses to stay at a hotel other than the one given to them (because of cooking reqiurements) no transport will be offered to them to get to and from the event.

The judgeing is not independently monitored. The challenge round is a joke and takes away the anticipation of the top 5 plus the money offered in this round should be used to pay for athletes lower down the placeings or should have been put to the Womens Olympia , which has been demoted to haveing their show held in the EXPO hall!

These issues are just some of the problems faceing the Olympia, and are issues shared by alot of the compettitors, its just that lee is a man of his word , so hes out, but not done by any amounts, trust me

My 5

1. Cutler
2. Coleman
3. Victor
4. Fedorov
5. Gustavo....I have to go against the wave with this one but I personally believe that Ronnie's time is over with all the talk of the Growth Gut

too up in the air this year....Dennis James I hope makes the top 6 though

maybe im too critical but i have two questions:

1. how does a guy with no chest(federov)even think about making the top 5 at the Mr. O? shouldn't the top 5 guys have a complete physique????

2. how does cutler get 2nd to ronnie year after year when his waist is as wide as his hips? take a good look at this guys front pose's. you mean to tell me there is a V taper where his waist meets his hips??? nice physique but gustavo, dexter, gunther could all take 2nd and put cutler where he belongs in 3 or 4th place. i think he's had it too easy. ohh and lets not mention they keep giving him 2nd even when he turns around and you can clearly see his back is big and wide but lacks the detail and dryness of dexter, or gustavo. WoW!!!

is it just me??

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity