over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training split

Also, lots of volume dumbbell work at mini angles, slight incline/decline.

If you notice, sometimes when you get 90%+ intensity….some guys get the “rattles” lowering the bar. those stabilizers are like “what the fuck are we doing!?!?”…..not enough dumbell or rotator/external rotation work.

Back in 2008 my second cycle ever the 5x5 took my 5x5 bench from 225 right up to 345 till I tore my pec. Was in a huge surplus using test and slin adding 5-10 lbs per week.

Are you older/injured and using this alternative as a means to keep training? If each rep is 18 seconds, it sounds like you would have to cut your weights by 75%. That is a Ken Hutchins Super Slow level cadence.
I've just turned 40 so on the back nine for sure. No real injuries though...also...great question and great reference. I found Ken's method and other "super slow" proponents to have merit for sure, but it was too slow to generate enough force (for me). So when I do a squat for instance, it's 5 second descent, a full stop at the bottom or at the very least a very slow transition and up for between 3-5 seconds. I don't necessary go super slow on the positive as much as I go as slow as needed to keep all momentum out. I think really the core thing is less about the slowness for me and more about a very slow/high tension transition to the negative to positive. You will take out all the momentum from the lift by doing that.

What got me was watching myself train I was doing a machine biceps curl and I realized I was generating a good bit of force at the bottom but really much of the rep was carried by momentum. Putting 495 on my back for squats was great but there was a lot of momentum involved. At that point (probably around age 35) my thought process was how do I generate more force throughout the entire range of motion while reducing range of motion and instinctively started training more like this.

Some exercises are slower because they lend themselves to that. A machine row lends itself well to create a ton of tension with slower reps, a dumbbell row...not so much so maybe it's a 4 second negative, dead stop, 4 second positive.

Full disclosure, my background is in physical therapy/sports med/athletic training so the overall injury component is of higher interest to me.

I generally don't get into the extreme/super slow type of work as I feel I can generate more mechanical tension with a more moderate cadence but most concepts JM speaks on, align with my views overall.

Edit: this video is mostly about isometric contractions, which I do not really do but overall good nuggets of info on training.

Day 1: Shoulders/ Abs
Day 2: Back/ Abs
Day 3: Chest & Arms/ Abs
Day 4: Shoulders/ Abs
Day 5: Back/ Abs
Day 6: Chest & Arms/ Abs
Day 7: Legs & Calves

Sounds like means physique split?
I know nothing about mp vs bodybuilding, curious as to why? I'm guessing the abs everyday? Id assume in mp legs aren't as important so they may not have their own day?

I know nothing about mp vs bodybuilding, curious as to why? I'm guessing the abs everyday? Id assume in mp legs aren't as important so they may not have their own day?
Yea one day legs and abs daily was my guess lol
Although I would suggest calves eod at least

The six upper body days and one leg day per week lol

Monday: chest/biceps/forearms
Tuesday: back/rear delts
Wednesday: off
Thursday: shoulders/triceps/traps
Friday: quads,hams,calves
Saturday: off
Sunday: off

Monday: chest/biceps/forearms
Tuesday: back/rear delts
Wednesday: off
Thursday: shoulders/triceps/traps
Friday: quads,hams,calves
Saturday: off
Sunday: off
I know you sometimes have options different from the mainstream, what are your thoughts on training a lagging part 5+ times a week?

Has anyone had any success increasing there pressing days to 3x a week or even going 2 on 1 off. always starting the rotation with a pressing day

Obviously working in a % of 1 rep max for bench

Alright guys

Post up your training splits
Rest days included

💪💪💪
Mon: pecs, back width, back thickness, abs
Tue: heavy bag & double end bag
Wed: delts, traps & neck
Thu: slip bag & speed bag
Fri: forearms, triceps, biceps

No leg weight work for now, two pretty bad knees.

Has anyone had any success increasing there pressing days to 3x a week or even going 2 on 1 off. always starting the rotation with a pressing day

Obviously working in a % of 1 rep max for bench

Google “Andy Baker old man Texas method”

I know you sometimes have options different from the mainstream, what are your thoughts on training a lagging part 5+ times a week?
Honestly, I don’t believe it’s beneficial to train any body part over 2-3 times per week.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131