over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Trouble with laptop

B1gJ1m

Registered
I'm having some issues with my laptop computer. Both my wife and I are listed as Adminstrators, she has her files and of course I have mine. The trouble all began two days ago when I attemted to log on and after several minutes, was not able to. I tried repeatedly and every attempt was unsuccessful. I shut the laptop down and rebooted this time logging on in my wife's account. it connected in a matter of seconds had no issues accessing the internet. So I logged off and tried again in my account and still could not connect. After some time of this crap, I ran a virus scan, spyware scan, yada, yada, yada... Still can't log on in my account. So this time I delete my account, and restalish it, no luck, still can't connect. Now I defrag the C drive, delete and restablish my account...still can't connect, however, I can always log on in my wifes account. What the hell is going on???? I need some advice on this. Thanks for any suggestions.

Does it give you any kind of message? It could be a password/security setting that was inadvertently set.

Does it give you any kind of message? It could be a password/security setting that was inadvertently set.
No message. Once I click on my access, it says "loading personal settings" then when I try log onto the net thru internet explorer it either won't connect or takes 2-3 minutes to connect. My homepage is MSN. I've changed it to Yahoo and Google but that doesn't help. My wifes homepage is Google and loads in a few seconds.

If you are running Windows XP, try a system restore back to the day when you were not having any problems. If activated, it can be found under Start-Accesories-System Tools ....... and no, system restore will not wipe your drive. It merely restores it's settings back to a certain day and time when your system was functioning normally.

can you clarify -

you can log onto the laptop using your username and password but it wont let you connect to the internet ?

your wife can log onto the laptop and also log onto the internet ?

let me know exactly what it is and we can fix this quick :)

can you clarify -

you can log onto the laptop using your username and password but it wont let you connect to the internet ?

your wife can log onto the laptop and also log onto the internet ?

let me know exactly what it is and we can fix this quick :)

Yeah, except neither mine or my wifes accounts are password protected. Once I turn on the laptop I get the promt to either access my account and personal setting or my wifes account and personal settings. After I choose to access mine I try to connect to the net thru internet explorer to my home page, MSN. This is the issue. It either won't connect or takes forever to load and never completely loads. Then I have to cotrol-alt-delete, to shutdown.

thats cool

ok, and when you access the internet do you have a username and password for that? if so, is it the same username and password that your wife uses?

Does it ever connect to the internet on your profile or is it displaying a cached page of MSN eg have you tried opening a different site?

ok, and when you access the internet do you have a username and password for that? if so, is it the same username and password that your wife uses?

Does it ever connect to the internet on your profile or is it displaying a cached page of MSN eg have you tried opening a different site?

No passwords used for internet access. When I open internet explorer it pulls up the MSN homepage and says-connecting. But it never fully connects.

No passwords used for internet access. When I open internet explorer it pulls up the MSN homepage and says-connecting. But it never fully connects.

try and connect manually to the internet, eg: dont open the internet with IE icon. Find the connections icons and click connect to your internet provider. It may be in the Control Panel somewhere or under Start, Settings Connections.

were trying to pinpoint exactly where the problem is.

try and connect manually to the internet, eg: dont open the internet with IE icon. Find the connections icons and click connect to your internet provider. It may be in the Control Panel somewhere or under Start, Settings Connections.

were trying to pinpoint exactly where the problem is.

Okay, I'm at work now and will try that this evening. Can I pm you with the results? Thanks

yeah no probs

msn is a horrible start page to try when diagnosing IE problems. Go to tools/internet options and change your start page some something that loads fast without all the bullshit like www.google.com
If you cant get to that direct from IE. You can go to the control panel and just go to internet options directly. Also try to delete all cookies and temp internet files while you are in there.
have you tried any other websites besides msn? There is so much garbage that loads from that site, so many plugins needed it would be impossible to diagnose your problem.

Simply deleting your account and re-creating it wont clear out any of the profile items that would be causing the problem, you'd have to delete them manually probably in safe mode.

So far I have deleted the cookies, temp internet files, ran virus and spyware scan, defragged the C drive, completed a system restore, changed from MSN to Google, deleted my entire profile and I still cannot connect to the internet. I'm lost on this one. I have a good strong connection to my WLAN but can't connect. Any other ideas besides throwing this damn thing in the trash? Thankgod for my Blackberry or I'd be lost.

a defrag wouldnt have anything to do with your problem so you can stop doing that. When you say you deleted your entire profile, did you just go into users with your wifes account and delete yours? If so you didnt delete your entire profile, you simply deleted your user account. You would have to go into safe mode, change your settings so you can see all hidden folders and system files, find your profile folder in c:\documents and settings\ and delete it completely.

Are you just recreating the same username over and over again? If so, its still using the same profile it was when you deleted it. See above.

I hate internet explorer, its garbage and most harmful things are written to work against it. Grab firefox under your wifes account, install it under yours and just use that. Firefox is just another internet browser that works much like Netscape did back in the day, better!

You now mention you are on a wireless network? That would have been helpfull to know before hand. Did you set up the router? Can you access the routers settings? Are there any user restrictions in the router?

The wireless modem has been established for some time now and everything worked great until earlier this week when I turned the laptop on and bam no connection. I'm really at a loss cause its always worked well with fast connectiob speeds. When I say I deleted my profile I simply deleted the user account. Not the detailed manner you describe.

dude, you dont need to be deleting anything or downloading any browsers :confused: :confused:

put simply -

you and your wife use the same laptop using different accounts
your wife has no problems
you have internet connection issues but no Window connection issues

the problem lies solely with you connecting to the internet - this is where you should be looking and nowhere else.

try creating a new internet connection whilst signed on as you and see what happens then.

keep it simple, if that doesnt work let us know

good call michelin, i thought he said he did that already. I would have just wiped the entire profile or simply create another user name and use it, or dump IE and go with firefox. Actually there are tons of options you could do.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give that shot this evening after work.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear