over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Truck Driver - How To Lose Fat?

Wonton

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I switched career to truck driving - since last year I stopped weightlifting, eating properly, lose muscle and gained fat.

So I will be driving Monday , Tuesday - Thursday , Friday

It will be hours of aprox 6. am to 3 pm

I will have to get to bed around 9 or so

How many meals do I need to eat?

How much protein, carbs, fat should I consume - I weight 222 and If I had to guess my muscle mass is 175 but im not sure - I lost a ton of muscle

I can probally workout 3 x per week

I can't take stimulants

No one can tell you this.

You lose fat as a truck driver the same way you lose fat as a grocery store clerk; calorie deficit.
yea someone can tell me this like Justin harris - or another coach - and there are skilled enough individuals on here that can do the same -

of course there would be adjustments along the way

I switched career to truck driving - since last year I stopped weightlifting, eating properly, lose muscle and gained fat.

So I will be driving Monday , Tuesday - Thursday , Friday

It will be hours of aprox 6. am to 3 pm

I will have to get to bed around 9 or so

How many meals do I need to eat?

How much protein, carbs, fat should I consume - I weight 222 and If I had to guess my muscle mass is 175 but im not sure - I lost a ton of muscle

I can probally workout 3 x per week

I can't take stimulants
Man i know you been through some rough shit……..

i know you already know the foods to eat…….if i were in your position i’d just use the calculators on bodybuilding com to figure your basal metabolic rate as basically sedentary and low activity level, then plug that into whatever diet calc you feel like using.
just go with whatevers convenient for you to pack in the truck diet wise- keto, psmf, whatever

i wouldn’t think youd need to eat sooner than every 3.5-4hrs

yea someone can tell me this like Justin harris - or another coach - and there are skilled enough individuals on here that can do the same -

Nobody can or will likely give you a full coach level breakdown on here. That’s a tall ask.

I’ll take a stab at it from another angle as my brother is a truck driver and drives night shift. It was a major change for him as he was on the force years before that.

You need to find your baseline calories and aim to get your protein in first which should be about 1.5 to 2g per pound of bodyweight. From there you add in your energy sources- fats and carbs.

Id suggest using the search function and check out the 80/20 thread recently on here. Your biggest issue will be that you’re sitting all day and most truck drivers get bored and turn to food during that time. My brother keeps diced chicken with him, almonds and raw veggies and that’s all he will eat in the truck, then hits the gym at 3am after his shift.

I would suggest something similar in your case just based off of what you’ve posted. Hope this helps.

Find a different career. Most truck drivers are heavily obese. I’m not saying you are Iv never seen you but My best friend did it for years and got fatter than shit after being a competitive bodybuilder. He said he sits on his ass for a living and eats trash at truck stops and the only long haulers he knew that weren’t fat were on meth. Not to mention you’ll end up with a really bad back on top of it. But we gotta do what we can to make that coin. You could just go auschwitz and not eat much as you’re burning little to no calories. Best luck bro I hope everything works out in your favor.

Even when you start with a coach, whatever they initially tell you is just a best guess. So no, none of those coaches you named can be given your stats and tell you exactly what to eat to lose fat. That’s why they check in with you weekly to adjust as needed.

Could anyone write you a severe crash diet that’ll ensure you lose weight? I guess

If any user here wants to coach you for free they can go ahead though. My point was that no one can off the bat give you the best diet for you just based off your stats, you’ll have to take time to figure it out based off changes you see (scale, mirror etc). I get it man it’s hard to get back into the swing of things, and I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum with my job where it’s making me have to eat a ton to grow. Just be disciplined and you can make the change you want to see. I think @bbxtreme gave an awesome starting point.

I would NEVER to a truck driver, sitting on your ass all day doing ZERO! That would suck balls, if I were a truck driver I would fast all day and eat 1 meal around 5pm. My off days I would make sure I eat a very protein dense meal every 3 hours with some fruits and veggies, train, and get a fuck ton of steps in.

I'm a truck driver. I've been doing it since 2002. You will either do the fast thing one guy said or you just have to meal prep. The good news is you are local & can get away from the truck so it's very do able to take your food every day. Trucking can be mentally & physically tiring I know, you just gotta get your routine down & stay with it. I assume they make you take the 30 minute break. If so use that time for what your body needs. Might be sleep, might be exercise. Its possible to live healthy with the job, get your routine down & stay hydrated.

Intermittent fasting; Drink black coffee in the morning (appetite suppressant and energy) then keep a big sandwich + Protein shake or protein snack to break the fast around 11-12 PM. Do not snack during the day. You can eat two big meals per day and you will feel satisfied and end up not eating as much.

Lift weights at least once per week. You can maintain and even build muscle by hitting muscle group once per week. You can find one day per week for a full body work out.

You won't get fat as long as you are not in a surplus. You're TDEE will be lower since you are sitting all day, that just means you need to eat less than if you were active. A LOT of people are lean and muscular who sit all day (myself included) , there is always a way around it.

On days that you drive, are you sleeping in the cab overnight or do you go home every day?

Second question, how confident are you in your ability to accurately track your intake? Do you have any experience with tracking, or preparing meals / pairing foods?

Setting up dietary recommendations, and meal planning is not very difficult, it will always be an educated guess initially, with trial and error adjustments along the way once starting, but the only way to do that and have it be effective hinges on your ability to be accurate with your intake. It does not have to be gnats ass macro tracking super wire tight, but to at least get a baseline going to work off will require some effort with regards to weighing or measuring.

I have worked 10 hour days and still found time to train on work days. I ate every 2.5-3 hours. But if you want to train 3x a week then do that. I suggest you cut your carb and fat intake by 20% and start eating 1,25 grams of protein per pound of body weight. And see how that goes for starters.

On days that you drive, are you sleeping in the cab overnight or do you go home every day?

Second question, how confident are you in your ability to accurately track your intake? Do you have any experience with tracking, or preparing meals / pairing foods?

Setting up dietary recommendations, and meal planning is not very difficult, it will always be an educated guess initially, with trial and error adjustments along the way once starting, but the only way to do that and have it be effective hinges on your ability to be accurate with your intake. It does not have to be gnats ass macro tracking super wire tight, but to at least get a baseline going to work off will require some effort with regards to weighing or measuring.
I will work from 6 am to 3 pm and I might do some 4.30 am to 6 pm - its still be worked out on what routes I'll get - its Local delivery - no overnight

but its the first time ill ever be sitting for so long - and want to be preemptive

exactly always be a guessing game -

appreciate the feedback

Appreciate it - just was looking for some friendly advice - truck driving is so sedentary

Not what my energy level will be after i get acclimated to this job - or how many times I will make it in the gym - haven't been in gym but 2 times since last year so - its a progress
If you’re not already taking a supplement for vein health, couldn’t hurt to try since you’ll be sitting for so long

horse chestnut extract
diosmin

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear