over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

turning to bodybuilding for therapy!

littlemansyndrome

Newbies
I've been battling depression and ptsd, especially bad the past year. I'm under care through the , and have learned that I've developed personality disorders because of the ptsd. I've decided to take my obsessive/compulsive traits and turn them to bodybuilding as a positive outlet for negative thoughts/actions. I'm excited about what the future brings, wish I had tried this sooner!!!!

Reactions: Cdn
good for you taking action. Make sure to not make BB your new obsessive/compulsive problem. Learn moderation.

Good for you man. It helps.... a lot! That's what I did too after an accident I had a little over a year ago that almost killed me and I suspected would leave me disfigured. It didn't though and training has gone very well.

The trick is not to let any set backs in the gym become obsessively negative. Focus on the fact that your path is on a positive incline and all small things will pass.

it helps with endorphins. But i think moderation and balance are key. Those endorphins flowing will keeps me grounded and not being in obsessing and compulsing

Yes sir it can be great therapy! ::port-smi

If you don't mind me asking. What is the cause of the ptsd?

For me, rigorous exercise is the best antidepressant on the planet.....and it's free. I'm not saying to go off your meds. I'm on meds and they help but the combination has a 10x multiplier when I'm consistently going to the gym.

Well said it is actually the best thing you can do to help yourself..it doesn't requires hours of time, a fortune and the best part it keeps you healthy.

Exercise is one component, but like others said, moderation is the key, and don't stop counseling and following their and your MD's recommendations.

I've been battling depression and ptsd, especially bad the past year. I'm under care through the , and have learned that I've developed personality disorders because of the ptsd. I've decided to take my obsessive/compulsive traits and turn them to bodybuilding as a positive outlet for negative thoughts/actions. I'm excited about what the future brings, wish I had tried this sooner!!!!

I don't know much about ptsd but I know a lot about mood and personaility disorders, I am going to school in the counseling field. But for now I don't like giving advice on something I don't know about (PTSD) yet, but Im very interested in learning about it.

First of all, body building will help you a lot with mood and personality disorders. Also if you have personality or mood disorders, its highly recommended that u stay away from steroids. But natural bodybuilding would be awesome, it increases all types of endorphins and other brain chemicals that would benefit you.

But let me say if ur truly suffering from these illnesses it will most likely not be enough. u should be under the care of a qualified psychiatrist and if u can afford it a therapist also. Good luck bro!

It works. You made a life-changing choice.

Best of luck Brother

I'm with Gator on reaffirming therapy. Bodybuilding will be a great addition towards a healthy lifestyle.

Enjoy the ride man.

The gym has always been a terrific stress relief for me.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws