over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Very lethargic no energy day?

thedorkyd1

Registered
Newbies
Do you guys ever just have a day where everything feels like such an effort? Every rep is a mental battle, weights feel especially heavy, you dont want to be in the gym etc.

I can remember feeling like this a handful of times over the last year and i can never figure out why. Currently pretty close to a show but muscles felt quite full today, just walked into the gym feeling like complete crap.

If you have ever felt like this have you ever nailed down why? Was it diet/carb related? Lack of sleep? Over training? Etc. Just trying to figure out where to go from here... should i just chalk it up to a bad day, try a refeed etc.

I dont believe its related to diet because i have been on lower cals than my current amount and have felt more than okay...then again being roughly 6% my body is in a different state than it once was

Like stated above, you’re low BF levels is the culprit… Your body isn’t happy at the moment. Push through and grab that 1st place trophy!

Cage

Whenever I go near 2k calories and a low BF that's me every day. I feel like my setpoint is to be a fat boy.

Do you guys ever just have a day where everything feels like such an effort? Every rep is a mental battle, weights feel especially heavy, you dont want to be in the gym etc.

I can remember feeling like this a handful of times over the last year and i can never figure out why. Currently pretty close to a show but muscles felt quite full today, just walked into the gym feeling like complete crap.

If you have ever felt like this have you ever nailed down why? Was it diet/carb related? Lack of sleep? Over training? Etc. Just trying to figure out where to go from here... should i just chalk it up to a bad day, try a refeed etc.

I dont believe its related to diet because i have been on lower cals than my current amount and have felt more than okay...then again being roughly 6% my body is in a different state than it once was
Lack of sleep for me!

I get that once in a while! Lack of sleep mostly, but if I do too much caffeine, I get the same result days later!

could be the lower calories and BF but when this happened to me i was just getting bored of working out for aesthetics and it felt more like a chore. eventually i switched over to powerlifting and started enjoying lifting much more. just loved seeing the numbers go up on the bar and i also enjoyed the physique that i got from it. but if boredom isnt it then stick to it man and remember why you started and kept going. like cage said, get that first place trophy!

Same happens to me every once in awhile. Traditional wisdom says to take a few days off for rest and some extra sleep.
I'm starting to find that I personally need to take the exact opposite approach; if I don't train for consecutive days, I get significantly weaker, flatter, and feel shittier VERY, VERY quickly.
My dad passed last week and I didn't train for 5 days in a row while I was dealing with all the shit. I kept my diet strictly the exact same (I count all cals and macros), didn't eat any junk, no alcohol... just no training.
I ended up losing 10 fucking pounds and when I got back in the gym I was tired, weak, flat, and felt/ looked like shit. Everyone is different I guess.

That’s just life!

Same happens to me every once in awhile. Traditional wisdom says to take a few days off for rest and some extra sleep.
I'm starting to find that I personally need to take the exact opposite approach; if I don't train for consecutive days, I get significantly weaker, flatter, and feel shittier VERY, VERY quickly.
My dad passed last week and I didn't train for 5 days in a row while I was dealing with all the shit. I kept my diet strictly the exact same (I count all cals and macros), didn't eat any junk, no alcohol... just no training.
I ended up losing 10 fucking pounds and when I got back in the gym I was tired, weak, flat, and felt/ looked like shit. Everyone is different I guess.
I’m sorry to hear about your dad. My condolences to you and your family.

That was me yesterday. I was fine during my sets when i turned it on, but felt like taking nap in-between and for much of the day. Low bodyfat never bothered me or lower calories. And i usually need a couple days of less sleep to bother me. I figured it was due to the day before being a good leg session or 40+ years of working out.

It’s normal and it has nothing to do with your age, what you’re going through or whatever else. Not saying those aren’t factors but it will happen no matter how young you are or if everything is perfect in life.

I was talking with the owner of my gym the other day and he made a great point about people saying “I’m getting old”. Even when we were teenagers we woke up tired, had bad days and things hurt. He’s absolutely right, I used to dread wrestling practice every day because I was so tired and my body hurt….nothing to do with age or whatever else.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131