over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin d?

CARLSON'S D 3 is the highest quality I have found it comes in 1,000 2,000 and 4,000 iu capsules in an oil base. I take it with my Carslon's fish oil in the am.

I love carlsons fish oils so I'll have to look into this

Yes I eat a lot of fish and on top of supplementing additional 1500-2000iu is more than enough from my research.
Research? I suggest you may want to look into levels via blood testing after you determine what range you think is optimal. 1500iu might raise you 7 points which won't do much if you are like most of the American population that is deficient.

Anyone use a brand combining Vitamin K with D? Saw Berardi's vlog in the latest IronMag talking about the importance of supplementing both
for calcium regulation / arterial plaque prevention.

What about fake baking? Most tanning beds are primarily UVA/UVB (it's part of their sales pitch because of the skin cancer concerns othrwise) and tanning salons claim vitamin D is synthesized much the way it is from the sun. According to VitaminDCouncil.org (biased), if you stay in the sun, or a tanning bed, until your skin begins to turn pink you can make between 10,000 and 50,000 IUs of vitamin D. 10 minutes might well be the equivalent of 5,000 IU from a pill.

Anyone use a brand combining Vitamin K with D? Saw Berardi's vlog in the latest IronMag talking about the importance of supplementing both
for calcium regulation / arterial plaque prevention.

What about fake baking? Most tanning beds are primarily UVA/UVB (it's part of their sales pitch because of the skin cancer concerns othrwise) and tanning salons claim vitamin D is synthesized much the way it is from the sun. According to VitaminDCouncil.org (biased), if you stay in the sun, or a tanning bed, until your skin begins to turn pink you can make between 10,000 and 50,000 IUs of vitamin D. 10 minutes might well be the equivalent of 5,000 IU from a pill.

Pretty sure UVB is what's responsible for synthesizing vitamin D and they are the more expensive bulbs.

Why use an all in one product? I'm using Jarrow 5,000iu caps and LEF Super K complex.

Yes, liquid gelcaps.

Alpha once told me about a protocol where you would dose 50,000iu once a week.
I never tried it though. Not yet anyways.

Always remember to consume vitamin d with fats. Seems like common sense but I have seen people that I thought had a good grasp on things but washed it down on an empty stomach with water...

Would it be ok to take the vit d with fish oil if you happen to not consume fats at that meal?

Would it be ok to take the vit d with fish oil if you happen to not consume fats at that meal?

It MUST be taken with fats. So 1 or 2 fish oil may not be enough...
Taking it with fish oil is better than nothing but I would take it with a fatty meal. If there is not fat/not enough fat present, you are not going to utilize the vitamin D since it is fat soluble. Same with A, E, K.

It MUST be taken with fats. So 1 or 2 fish oil may not be enough...
Taking it with fish oil is better than nothing but I would take it with a fatty meal. If there is not fat/not enough fat present, you are not going to utilize the vitamin D since it is fat soluble. Same with A, E, K.

Thanks bro. Fatty meal it is :)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311