over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin C - MegaDosing - Majority are fake

Zarati

Registered
I've been researching vitamin C.

1- Goats are one the only mamals that produce a significant amount of vitamin C on their own. 13,000mg and they never get sick.

2- Researches have shown that vitaminc C supplements do nothing to boost immune system, fight cold.

3- But then these researchers, researched shitty supplement Cs that are made in lab and junk, I'd say these researches are paid by big pharma so they keep selling their meds.

4- if your vitaminc C is ascorbic acid then it's pretty much useless, hence it's 10 bucks for a big bottle. The real organic vitamin C is expensive, as upwards to 30-40 bucks a month for maybe 500mg-1gram of vitamin C but then it should be more real. Either way the supplement industry isn't regulated so who knows even if those are real.

Your thoughts?

1 is correct, many animals produce their own vitamin C and amounts increase due to illness or stress but 4 is completely wrong unfortunately. Check out the vitamin C forum

1 is correct, many animals produce their own vitamin C and amounts increase due to illness or stress but 4 is completely wrong unfortunately. Check out the vitamin C forum

Why is it wrong? Why not just tell me instead of sending me to the forum lol

I agree most multi are junk. I get My RDA from diet and take now Adam to be safe. Alot of people turn to antibiotics when sick, I just make sure I eat a ton of fruit, get good sleep, then good as new. A clean vitamin Rich diet is underrated and pharmacy drugs overated in my book.

Opinions differ. As a side note from the reports i have seen. People that use high dose antioxidants long term do not end up healthier or live longer.

1- Goats are one the only mamals that produce a significant amount of vitamin C on their own. 13,000mg and they never get sick.

2- Researches have shown that vitaminc C supplements do nothing to boost immune system, fight cold.

3- But then these researchers, researched shitty supplement Cs that are made in lab and junk, I'd say these researches are paid by big pharma so they keep selling their meds.

4- if your vitaminc C is ascorbic acid then it's pretty much useless, hence it's 10 bucks for a big bottle. The real organic vitamin C is expensive, as upwards to 30-40 bucks a month for maybe 500mg-1gram of vitamin C but then it should be more real. Either way the supplement industry isn't regulated so who knows even if those are real.

Your thoughts?

Dr Rhonda Patrick’s meta analysis leans towards it does SOMETHING

1. Vitamin C and lung function
    1. Vitamin C and the risk of respiratory diseases
    2. Vitamin C and mechanical ventilation
    3. Vitamin C and exercise-induced bronchoconstriction
    4. Vitamin C and pneumonia
    5. Vitamin C and asthma
    6. Vitamin C and lung cancer
  2. Vitamin C and exercise
    1. Blunting of exercise-induced adaptations
    2. Vitamin C and exercise induced-immune function
  3. Vitamin C and fatty acid oxidation
  4. Vitamin C and the brain
    1. Vitamin C and neurodegenerative disorders
    2. Vitamin C and functions in the brain

Why is it wrong? Why not just tell me instead of sending me to the forum lol

You call out big pharma for being phonies and then link to sites doing the exact same thing being shills..

I agree most multi are junk. I get My RDA from diet and take now Adam to be safe. Alot of people turn to antibiotics when sick, I just make sure I eat a ton of fruit, get good sleep, then good as new. A clean vitamin Rich diet is underrated and pharmacy drugs overated in my book.
just got over terrible cold or flu i dunno.... all i could eat was fruit (i eat alot of it anyway) but when sick with sore throat and weak stomach its PERFECT imo cold and filled w water....

Your thoughts?
What should we be looking for if not absorbic acid?

Agree here C from food is better but adorning acid works intake 1gm 3 times a day and if I slip a few days I feel it all over but especially in the AM and my joints.

Your thoughts?
It ABSOLUTELY IS. Why people keep parroting this non-sense is beyond me. Ask PJ Braun how unregulated the industry is as he sits in FEDERAL PRISON for selling sarms as supplements. Perhaps you can ask any of the companies that get inspected multiple times a year by the FDA to ensure they are following cGMP manufacturing REGULATIONS and laws, such as Now Foods, Universal, Hi-tech or Dante even. You could also start at the beggining and read the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994...................the supplement industry is regulated it simply is NOT regulated in the same fashion as the drug industry. What's funny is even with all the regulations on drugs we all know how well that is working out, right?

It ABSOLUTELY IS. Why people keep parroting this non-sense is beyond me. Ask PJ Braun how unregulated the industry is as he sits in FEDERAL PRISON for selling sarms as supplements. Perhaps you can ask any of the companies that get inspected multiple times a year by the FDA to ensure they are following cGMP manufacturing REGULATIONS and laws, such as Now Foods, Universal, Hi-tech or Dante even. You could also start at the beggining and read the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994...................the supplement industry is regulated it simply is NOT regulated in the same fashion as the drug industry. What's funny is even with all the regulations on drugs we all know how well that is working out, right?
Like pissing up a rope and staying dry. The FDA is way hard for the supp industry bc the pharma lobby is massive it it doesn’t want people on vitamins and exercising sure there have been tainted supps and andro caused a lot of issues that made the world see sports nutrition as more like PEDs, thanks Mark McGwire, but all in all yea it’s highly regulated now you could argue that they are safe but not effective like the asorbic acid proclamation but again I disagree there. Vitamin C in all forms is pretty damn solid. I wouldn’t be surprised if the C in an organ he is actually asorbic acid just naturally occurring

Like pissing up a rope and staying dry. The FDA is way hard for the supp industry bc the pharma lobby is massive it it doesn’t want people on vitamins and exercising sure there have been tainted supps and andro caused a lot of issues that made the world see sports nutrition as more like PEDs, thanks Mark McGwire, but all in all yea it’s highly regulated now you could argue that they are safe but not effective like the asorbic acid proclamation but again I disagree there. Vitamin C in all forms is pretty damn solid. I wouldn’t be surprised if the C in an organ he is actually asorbic acid just naturally occurring
I'm only weighing in on the regulation part of the post. I have given up fighting most battles online these days, just not worth it regardless of who is right or wrong. Not directing this at anyone in here but the average person online has lost their friggin minds these days, I always hope I am talking to a bot or russian/chinese agent provocateur and that makes it easier to live with vs society really being batshit crazy lol.

#4 is correct (as per my research)... I won't buy or take ascorbic acid. Nor do I want to intake anything with Cyanobolamin, a lower form of B12 (as per my research, as compared with the more natural forms like Hydroxy and Methyl cobalt forms

I have been searching for a (real) form of Vit C that has a proper methylation in the liver.... anyone?

I'm only weighing in on the regulation part of the post. I have given up fighting most battles online these days, just not worth it regardless of who is right or wrong. Not directing this at anyone in here but the average person online has lost their friggin minds these days, I always hope I am talking to a bot or russian/chinese agent provocateur and that makes it easier to live with vs society really being batshit crazy lol.
Lol you are right- da, da, da is very crazy lol; this board is pretty chill on people not tripping on each other though. I don’t do other boards or even fuck with SM but a few times a week. It costs me potential clients as a trainer but I keep my sanity. I can also hear a guy hate asboric acid and listen to what he has to say agree or not and hopefully learn something and roll on. The tribalism is bad rn and I’ll admit as a Marine I fall into it at times but you just gotta count to 10 and move on. Arguing with a bot, catfish, or even real person ain’t worth the BP points.

And I’ll add what you weighed in on was insightful

Opinions differ. As a side note from the reports i have seen. People that use high dose antioxidants long term do not end up healthier or live longer.
The research was done on ascorbic acid, it's not vitamin C

https://vitamincfoundation.org/ - You're a big boy, educate yourself and stop falling for shills who push ridiculous concepts like 'organic natural vitamin C'. You want me to spoon feed you dinner too?
Why not just say you have no fucking clue what you're talking about?

Enlighten me Instead of sending me to some shit forum with no info to get likes by the herd.

Ascorbic Acid is useless period.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner