over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weight Gainers

pahlevan

Registered
Im trying to help a friend put on some muscle. He is an Ectomorph and has limited appetite. How do you incorporate extra whey and Gainers into the diet. Do you take some with each meal, do you add it in between meals, etc...? I personally think that he is so lean he can eat pizza etc.. but he is stuck on the weight gainers.

Last edited:
I forget which episode it was but Matt porter was talkin about how he was using them to put on size and how and when he was using them. I would search through his YouTube videos and see if you can find it. Great video and simple. Good luck buddy

I remember back in the day, it was rather counterproductive for me. Big shakes, specially filled with simple sugars killed my appetite for quite a while (4-5 hours).

I found that whey with a bit of oats and Waxy maize was a lot easier on my stomach and appetite. I think Matt porter is using Waxy maize in his bulk too

I’d definitely op for healthy protein/weight gainer drinks over pizza and junk to gain weight.. Just because he’s really lean doesn’t mean eating a bunch of junk won’t affect his health, but he can definitely be more loose on the diet, enjoying a junk meal when he wants but not all the time is what I mean..

But I think the biggest thing to be addressed should be the appetite, no? You said he has a limited appetite so he needs to work on making that unlimited lol... Force feeding sucks..

I guess he can add them in slowly if his appetite is limited and just go upping the calories with that around post workout since it’s probably easier/faster to digest and then go adding in an extra whole food meals as he sees fit etc..

A couple vials of GHRP-6 should fix his appetite issues

Injectable B-12 to help when I was needing help to stimulate my appetite

High cal (1,000+) weight gainer shake post workout. Large glass of whole milk (16+oz) or whey shake with each meal. Very high protein (but pref low carb) shake just before bed

Last edited:
Meal every 2-3 hours. Add a 25-50g protein shake 30 mins after that.
Nothing thick, just some whey.

Easily add another 100g of protein to his macro total.

This will put the weight on him along with a good powerlifting program! LOL!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBE9s8ZpU88"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBE9s8ZpU88[/ame]

Im trying to help a friend put on some muscle. He is an Ectomorph and has limited appetite. How do you incorporate extra whey and Gainers into the diet. Do you take some with each meal, do you add it in between meals, etc...? I personally think that he is so lean he can eat pizza etc.. but he is stuck on the weight gainers.

In between meal and right before bed always packed weight on me. I made my own weight gainer using a quality whey as my base then added things like milk, ice cream, yougurt, peanut butter etc..

Whey iso and rice maltodex between meals...
Other weight gainers make you feel full...you don't want to feel full. With rice malto there's no bloat or gut issues.

Dave tate look like shit.

Meadows look way better. More bodybuilding physique. This is what you want.

The other guy look good too. This is bodybuilding.

Tate's been ripped before. That method to gain weight is not recommended to anyone. It's what JM Blakely did and told Tate he should try in order to improve his numbers on the platform from their powerlifting days. It's an extreme method that highlights that normal people will never know what it takes to weigh in the high 200's and try to get into the 300's for the sake of excelling at something where health gets put on the back burner.

Attachments

• Dave Tate.jpg
    Dave Tate.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 91

People will tell you whole food all day and they are right to a point. Liquids go down quicker and digest faster. Plus for the non pro who could be at work 14 hour hard labor with breaks being grabbing a sandwich out of a lunchbox in the hot sun cause leaving the job site every 3 hours to find a microwave may get bosses uptight , weight gain shakes kick ass... I was an extreme ecto and I'd do 4-5 meals 2-3 shakes depending... I found the best for cost and quality (except they hacked their nice carb complex but made a better protein belnd) to be MHP Up Your MASS..But they redid it again this year and i havent seen the new one yet

I live on an oats + whey weight gainer instead of on solid food. I eat 1 solid food meal a day only. Works just fine. In fact, it works better for me because I don't see myself eating the 5000+ clean calories I'm eating atm out of solid food. I'm forcefeeding (or forcedrinking if you will) as it is. Not to mention I despise cooking and doing the dishes + it's cheaper as well. Win win for me.

Just find him a good weight gainer with solid ingredients that tastes well also, he'll do fine on that.

I remember back in the day, it was rather counterproductive for me. Big shakes, specially filled with simple sugars killed my appetite for quite a while (4-5 hours).

I like how it came in big 30 lb+ bags that looked like what dog food comes in. Should have been a tip off.

first of all he should try to widen his stomach with water or joghurt.
i've got the same Problem, what helped me most was eating more small meals instead of a few big one's. what he can also do, eat just a little sweet 10-15min before the next meal.
another insider -> Fresubin; very very tasty, 200ml contain 400kcal, 45gr carbs, 20gr Protein and 15gr of fat. he should drink 2 of them just before he goes to bed after his last meal.
and also as already mentioned GHRP6 would do a good Job in this matter

There are lot's of ways to go about this. Some people like to add protein powder to meals if they just need a little assistance. Others will add pro, carb and/or fat shake with some meals if they really need to bump calories. Others will rotate whole food meals with shakes. There is no wrong answer and different things work for different people.

For your friend it sounds like he may need to do a few things but one at a time. You need to increase his ability to consume calories over time and not over night. So add in a big shake pre bed to start. Lot's of calories. Literally 1000 cals and that will get him growing. Guys like him who don't eat much can add in 1000 cals over night and not get fat. Something like whey. oats and peanut butter. Then after 1 month of everynight shakes see how he is and he may want to add nut butter with meals or another shake post workout.

The key is progressive overload with the cals but don't worry about a big jump from the start. Plus he doesn't have to worry about being full to eat again as he will be a sleep for approx 8 hours. 1000 cals may go up to 1200 and 1400 and so on. A simple way to load calories for guys who don't have a big appetite.

Here is another thread showing one effective way to utilize shakes for growing (especially ectomorphs or guys on their feet all day)...

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...cle-forum/148703-bulking-tip-hardgainers.html

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear