advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What does everyone here do to get away from bodybuilding?

Fly estes rockets, bowling, horseback riding, fencing, hiking, canoeing, movies, tour ships at the naval park, throw stones in ponds, fishing, long walks at 11:00 pm on a friday night, amusement parks....spend money but it's worth every penny cuz 10 aint forever.

Man you sound like one fun dad.

Luckily for us we are FAR OUT OF THE BB SCENE!

We enjoy going to movies. I go out hiking in the moutains a lot. We float the rivers in the summer often. We enjoy reading I just got done with another Dean Koontz novel. We both enjoy shooting pistols, auto loaders and rifles.

This year we are going to start doing those paintball guns, get all geared up and sneak around through the woods blasting the hell out of each other!

Attachments

• a-5 stealth.jpg
    a-5 stealth.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 176
Sundays are my fav day. I get to relax, train and then do what I really enjoy! Working with lovely ladies in the studio!

I know it isn't away from bb really but I am not moving the weights and other than getting covered in glitter with the lotion they wear, it's great and they smell really good too!! (yes there are weights behind their heads I swear:p )

Team Hottties - Wendy (Barbie) and Jess (Juicy)

Attachments

• l_9e10352868b64ac224718910f1ec22b9.jpg
    l_9e10352868b64ac224718910f1ec22b9.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Movies, Fishing, MMA and always have some family function going on.

Sarah and I try to do alot of things even when we are dieting...You can still have fun while dieting guys and gals...It takes more planning and can be a hassle, but in the end it is worth it...This weekend we bought fireworks down in missouri and lit them at my dads, plus we took the kids to the local water park in Burlington...Here are some pics...The first pic is Sarah with the girls and a couple of the girls that we call our adopted daughters...Next two are of Sarah one of her "offseason shape" or what she likes to call herself out of shape...To me she looks fine...LOL !!! Next two after that is our daughter Gracey...She is a ham !!! Never a boring moment with her around...LOL !!!

chris

Attachments

• 4th of July 08 008.jpg
    4th of July 08 008.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 4th of July 08 010.jpg
    4th of July 08 010.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 4th of July 08 013.jpg
    4th of July 08 013.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 4th of July 08 017.jpg
    4th of July 08 017.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 4th of July 08 022.jpg
    4th of July 08 022.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Here are some 4th of July pics, we went to the park and had a picnic for the girls then went and watched fireworks in downtown West Burlington...We had alot of fun...yeah I had to pack meals and whatnot, but it was well worth seeing my little girls smile...The first pic of Sarah is a tatoo of my name airbrushed on her...She put it up on myspace to get people's reactions for the fun of it...Now she is actully thinking of doing it, for real !!! LOL !!! The rest of the pics are from the park and at the fireworks show...

chris

Attachments

• 4th of July 08 041.jpg
    4th of July 08 041.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 4th of July 08 055.jpg
    4th of July 08 055.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 4th of July 08 046.jpg
    4th of July 08 046.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 4th of July 08 039.jpg
    4th of July 08 039.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 4th of July 08 042.jpg
    4th of July 08 042.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
TEARING UP & DOWN WESTERN CANADIAN RIVERS WITH MY JET BOAT.MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE WIH YOUR CLOTHES ON

My brother in law has one and that really is ALOT of fun...There is nothing like flying over 4 inches of water while going 30+ Mph on the river every once in awhile bouncing off rocks that we hit...lol..

We take out alot and go small mouth bass fishing and just slay bass all day...good times..

WELL

yard work, running the dog around, me and my girl ride our harleys to another state for lunch sometimes on weekends, the beach , believe it or not I like shopping for my girl or my daughters clothes/shoes.

well i just had a powerlifting comp last weekend and since then i've decided to take a few weeks off to rest. i've just been hangin out with the family. been boat ridin up and down the river, runnin up and down the farm on the 4-wheeler, fishin, swimmin, BBQing.....the list goes on. might try and go camping soon to.

Dieting is rough when you got spare time on your hands. My suggestions, Go to the movies. I can't tell you how many times that me and my better half have gone to the movies just to get away from the house. Even if the movie sucks just throw your arm around her bro, get close and you can't have a bad night. Not sure of your schedule but theres always late movies if you can sacrifice a little sleep.

When you can't get out of the house and your wife is busy or not there like lil savage said online games are great for dieting you can really lose yourself in them and kill alot of time.

All else fails just snuggle up close with her. Pop a movie in and just chill personally my favorite thing to do nice warm blanket, good movie and GREAT company you can't go wrong.

I'm really into music. I'm a few classes away from polishing off a degree in Music. I focused on music composition for film and tv, plus I took applied lessons and performed on jazz guitar while in school. I write, record, and play on my spare time doing a ton of different styles. I enjoy life here in South Florida, so you can find me by my pool or at the beach. I go kayaking around here too (gotta avoid the alligators though!) Besides that, I'm a HUGE into football and baseball, pursuits of the mind, Salsa dancing (I got into it for the girls, but now I kinda like it), and playing with my 9 cats.

I went to a bar about a year ago, and a movie about 5 months ago. I wish I could go out and have more fun sometimes, but I get so frustrated if I am thrown off my eating schedule.

If I go out, it's to the local sushi bar with some of the local gym rats. We clean the place out.

I have recently made a huge effort to start even more things that aren't BBing or nutrition related. I work from home and obviously my business is nutrition and conditioning so I can't say it is easy to get away from but I am making a huge effort. I got to the point that even when I would get away with my wife and some friends we would still find ourselves talking about "work" and that just bores the shit out of me.

My wife and I have 4 children so I decided to start coaching. My father coached me when I was young and I remember it being a very fun time that I got to spend with my dad. Don't laugh but I am starting in only a couple weeks coaching my 10 year old daughter's softball team and will be coaching my 8 year old son's baseball team starting in the Spring. Our children play a lot of sports so we are usually on the go most weekends during the year no matter the season.

Now that I have started working with professional athletes it looks like I may be heading out of town at least for football season for a game or two. I am really looking forward to being treated like a celebrity if only for a day or
two. lol Otherwise, my wife and I have our date nights on Saturday nights and work to get our time after being together for 17 years.

Skip

I have recently made a huge effort to start even more things that aren't BBing or nutrition related. I work from home and obviously my business is nutrition and conditioning so I can't say it is easy to get away from but I am making a huge effort. I got to the point that even when I would get away with my wife and some friends we would still find ourselves talking about "work" and that just bores the shit out of me.

My wife and I have 4 children so I decided to start coaching. My father coached me when I was young and I remember it being a very fun time that I got to spend with my dad. Don't laugh but I am starting in only a couple weeks coaching my 10 year old daughter's softball team and will be coaching my 8 year old son's baseball team starting in the Spring. Our children play a lot of sports so we are usually on the go most weekends during the year no matter the season.

Now that I have started working with professional athletes it looks like I may be heading out of town at least for football season for a game or two. I am really looking forward to being treated like a celebrity if only for a day or
two. lol Otherwise, my wife and I have our date nights on Saturday nights and work to get our time after being together for 17 years.

Skip

Coaching is one of the most rewarding things imaginable. I coached my lil bro's wrestling team when they were much younger (5-12) and now watching this team win state championships and grow into young men. They have some such a long way. I remember them learning the absolute basics like how to stand and how to step. Now theyr kickin serious butt and they have no bigger fan than me. I try to make every single duel meet, no matter how far i have to travel. I cant wait to one day have sons so i can do it all over again....god willing

With the economy the way it is and having to file bankruptcy,lose my house,and find a couple of jobs.BB is a way for me to get away from life right now not the other way around:D

Well we have 2 kids so their sports take us away quite a bit. Other than that when not dieting saturday night is party night. We go to clubs alot. We also both ride. I have an 07 GSXR750 and the wifey has an 05 R6.

Taking dogs to the park, reading, movies, having breakfast on weekends, shopping with my girlfriend,visiting my family, her family is coming from Italy for a month. The older I get, the more I enjoy (Boring) pastimes.

I actually came back to bodybuilding after a 7 year layoff that I took to develop my business. I'm a building code consultant. I also design the buildings and sites (parking lot layout, landscaping, drainage, etc) and expedite the building permits, Zoning Variances, special uses etc.

I guess that my hobby is Property Development, I currently have a large piece of property that I am trying to pitch to some major retailers and franchises. I have a great deal of contractors willing to do the work in exchange for a partnership. There are also some major companies interested so far, like CVS Pharmacy, DQ grill and Chill, and a lot of others.

Whenever I get the energy, I add a little to the design and my sales pitch/presentation, to get it just right, before I pitch it to the real big boys.

So I guess you can call that a side project and sort of hobby. When I eventually get the property sold or some long term leases, I will be looking for more hobbies.

Besides that I go to the movies with the wife and my 11 month old son, or just for a walk, shopping, I love spending time with my son.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws