advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats killing my HDL and what can I do to fix it?

How do you feel about 100mg a week? I pretty much stay on that year round.

Im on 120 mg/wk and testing out just fine. Mine is administered by an endo. Only thing I have to worry about is hematocrit/hemoglobin. Ive been able to keep those down within reason.

to much generalization here. everyone responds differently to everything they take, its all individual. my 67 year old father is on legit hrt at 300mg per week, yes 300. thats what it takes for him to be in range. his panels are perfect........this could kill the next guy......MORAL OF THE STORY..........

seek medical advice not broknowledge. everyone is different

Fenofibrate for HDL

My Dr. prescribed me Simvasstatin it has brought my total cholesterol down to 150 from 270.

My blood test also showed my HDL is only 25 so the Dr. prescribed me Fenofibrate to bring my HDL up.

I’ll have another blood test in 3 months. I’ll let everyone know how it turns out.

Odd

My Dr. prescribed me Simvasstatin it has brought my total cholesterol down to 150 from 270.

My blood test also showed my HDL is only 25 so the Dr. prescribed me Fenofibrate to bring my HDL up.

I’ll have another blood test in 3 months. I’ll let everyone know how it turns out.

Fenofibrate is used to lower triglycerides......not raise HDL.......ask him about niaspan

Fenofibrate is used to lower triglycerides......not raise HDL.......ask him about niaspan

Niaspan didnt do a whole lot for me, but I probably need to increase my dose. Im taking 1000 mg/day.

It is a serious factor if you are on AAS more time than off. Guys that cruise on say 250 mg/wk test inbetween cycles and never get off are going to be at risk of coronary artery disease.

But that wont be a factor if you donate blood and your hemoglobin, rbc's and hematocrit are in normal ranges right.

But that wont be a factor if you donate blood and your hemoglobin, rbc's and hematocrit are in normal ranges right.

I think I may have been refering to HDL levels this time. AAS affect so many different variables. There is only so much you can do to counteract the sides. My advice is that if youre going to cruise, you have to make it a true HRT dose of no more than 150 mg/wk. AAS also are suppoed to raise your LDLs, but I never had a problem with that. Not sure why I got away with that one.

Hematocrit and hemoglobin, yeah you can control that by consistently giving blood on a regular basis. This is not going to eliminate your risks though, only reduce. At the time I had my blood clot I had just given blood abour 3 days or so prior, so Im wondering if its not connected somehow to what happened. If you do a search, youll see where I found a study that shows giving blood can increase your platelet count. So everything you do to your body has some sort of negative effect, and its like you create on problem when trying to take care of another. Its a complicated chain of reactions. IMO, for a long healthy life its better to not even go there and just stay natural. of course at one time or another we all made the decision that the risks are worth the rewards.

I think I may have been refering to HDL levels this time. AAS affect so many different variables. There is only so much you can do to counteract the sides. My advice is that if youre going to cruise, you have to make it a true HRT dose of no more than 150 mg/wk. AAS also are suppoed to raise your LDLs, but I never had a problem with that. Not sure why I got away with that one.

Hematocrit and hemoglobin, yeah you can control that by consistently giving blood on a regular basis. This is not going to eliminate your risks though, only reduce. At the time I had my blood clot I had just given blood abour 3 days or so prior, so Im wondering if its not connected somehow to what happened. If you do a search, youll see where I found a study that shows giving blood can increase your platelet count. So everything you do to your body has some sort of negative effect, and its like you create on problem when trying to take care of another. Its a complicated chain of reactions. IMO, for a long healthy life its better to not even go there and just stay natural. of course at one time or another we all made the decision that the risks are worth the rewards.

Damn, i usually cruise with a true hrt but lately have been cruising with 350mg test and 400mg primo and just love it. I dont want to ever go lower than that. I give blood every 2months and my hemo,hemato,rbc's are all good. LDL good, tri's good, but HDL always shitty. LIke 18 or so.

AAS kills your HDL.......now, long ago Curtis Leffler and I spoke with a renowned Dr. in Los Angeles who told us it was a " false" reading because of the AAS.........I never pursued it further, one of my regrets for not asking.

Wow, that's a novel way for the doctor to interpret the test results. That's sorta like saying that a high BP is "false" because of AAS.

I mean, who cares WHY the numbers are out of whack if the END result is the same? (early death)

Do you think maybe the doc believed that the temporary change in the test results wasn't a significant health threat? That maybe damage wasn't actually being done?

IIRC, when our bro Big Bapper passed on there was some speculation that perhaps his clot was caused by frequent blood donations.

I seem to remember someone showing a study suggesting it too.

Hopefully I'm remembering it wrong...

IIRC, when our bro Big Bapper passed on there was some speculation that perhaps his clot was caused by frequent blood donations.

I seem to remember someone showing a study suggesting it too.

Hopefully I'm remembering it wrong...

That was me, posting up a legit medical study that demonstrated that giving blood can cause an increase in your platelets. It was either platelets or fibrin, I cant remember. Both would increase your chances of a clot. the only thing is, doc prescribe blood letting for people with high heamtocrits. I dont think they would be doing that if it were dangerous. Im not sure how to take that study. I did find it rather odd though that both me and Big Bapper had blood clots and we both were practicing blood letting. I had just given blood about 4 days or so prior to my clot. Not sure how long it had been for Big Bapper. There is no proof of any link in either of your cases though, so we dont know what the hell went wrong in us.

To me, giving blood is still going to be better for you than letting your hematocrit get sky high. Having blood that thick is hard on the heart and could cause cardiomyopathy just like high blood pressure does. You really have two choices:1 give blood and get it down that way or 2. get off the steroids and let it return naturally.

Vitamin D (5000iu a day) and Tamoxifen got my HDL to 57 with 1+g of test and 100mg a day of Oxymetholone only 3 weeks earlier. I was still on 250mg TRT at the test time.

Vitamin D (5000iu a day) and Tamoxifen got my HDL to 57 with 1+g of test and 100mg a day of Oxymetholone only 3 weeks earlier. I was still on 250mg TRT at the test time.

Wow. Im taking vitamin D too, 5k,and its not helping me like that. I wish it were.

AAS kills your HDL.......now, long ago Curtis Leffler and I spoke with a renowned Dr. in Los Angeles who told us it was a " false" reading because of the AAS.........I never pursued it further, one of my regrets for not asking.

The false reading makes sense to me. You can take someone on a measly 200mg test who eats perfectly clean, does a ton of cardio and has %100 perfect health yet they can still have a messed up HDL. I wish we knew more about the "false" reading but it def makes sense. If your HDL was good when you were natural and you simply introduce excess testosterone into your body yet keep a clean lifestyle and diet and your HDL hits the floor that makes no sense.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131