over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your Blood Pressure?

drgoodbody

FOUNDING Member
Registered
As of right now I've been on a cycle for 10 weeks and 4 days. All injectibles, Test (enanthate & prop), Tren (homebrew and RSOC Humatren), EQ (QV bold 200), Winstrol (Zambons). The cycle has been much more of a cutting and hardening cycle, with minimal change in scale weight but about a ~1lb per week of lbm added and a roughly equal drop in body fat.

Pre-cycle my BP was: 120/70, resting pulse 61
Currently my BP is: 145/80, resting pulse 65

Elevated BP was expected, but I'm just wondering if there is any cause for alarm given my current readings. :confused:

LMK,

DrG

The diastolic blood pressure(second number) is the important hypertension number. The higher the diastolic blood pressure the greater the risks and yours is normal.

Your Systolic pressure is on the high side. This number also varies the most during the course of the day. I would suggest checking everyday at different times of day and look at the average.

I know you said it was a cutting cycle but with test enath. you can hold water which increases BP. Also Ephedrine, caffine can cuase this type of elevation.

I would monitor it for a week and if it stays or gets any higher you should address it. See a doc, cut cycle short, or take a mild dieretic.

Are you on any Anti Es?

Personally if my BP gets to about where yours is I take Liquidex for 2 days I lose some bloat and my BP goes down and I stop the Liquidex.

yup...

I am on Arimidex 0.25mg ED, Nolvadex 20mg ED (for part of the cycle I was using clomid at 50mg ED instead). I have minimal bloat (at least from appearances), and my test enanthate dose has been quite low, 375mg every week, just as a base. No ephedrine and only caffine is from 1 cup of coffee in the morning.

Is there any way to reduce the BP while on cycle? Any supplements that will help? I already do cardio work and take EFA's (flax, CLA, fish oil), is there anything else that can help?:confused:

DrG

Yes the EFA are vital for enhanced lifters.

One overlooked oil that can be EXTREMLY beneficial to guys that are "on";

AVOCADO OIL;

Aavocado oil is a rich source of beta-sitosterol, which lowers cholesterol by inhibiting absorption of LDL, alleviates the symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy, may help to prevent some cancers, lower blood glucose, and improve immune response.

According to USDA Food and Nutrition Information Center it's fatty acid profile is
very similar to olive oil:

Avocado oil

saturated 11.6%
monounsaturated 70.6%
PUFAs 13.5%
(of which omega-6 12.5%)

Olive oil

saturated 13.5%
monounsaturated 73.7%
PUFAs 8.4%
(of which omega-6 7.9%)

It has, however, much higher smoking and flash points than olive oil.

And it you rather not use the oil, just eat the damn avocados.

California avocados are the highest fruit source of vitamin E and contain twice the amount previously reported, according to a study conducted in 2001, from the University of California, Los Angeles.

These impressive results along with earlier findings that California avocados rank highest among fruits in at least three phytochemicals, eight vitamins, and two minerals make them unique in their nutrient profile. California avocados have a standout
status among commonly eaten fruits. The UCLA data shows that a 100-gram portion
of California avocado has 4.31 IU of vitamin E, compared to 1.67, 1.33 and 1.04
in kiwifruit, nectarines and grapes, respectively. Other common fruits contain
lesser amounts.

Vitamin E functions as a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants
works as "mops" to clean up free radicals that results from the body¹s metabolic
processes. If left to circulate in the body, the free radicals can damage cells
and this is believed to be a cause of cancer and heart disease and to contribute
to aging.

As an antioxidant, vitamin E keeps company and works with many other
disease-fighting chemicals and basic nutrients found in food. In the California
avocado this includes:

*BETA-SITOSTEROL*_ California avocados have more than four times as much beta-sitosterol as oranges, which had previously been
reported as the richest known fruit source of this phytochemical. Beta sitosterol is a phytochemical that inhibits cholesterol absorption and promotes lower serum cholesterol levels.

Glutathione _ California avocados provide more
than three times the glutathione as any other fruit where the glutathione
content is known. Glutathione is an antioxidant that may help reduce the risk of
oral and pharyngeal cancer.

Lutein _ California avocados are the highest fruit source of lutein among the 20 most frequently consumed fruits with known values.
Lutein is a phytochemical known to protect against macular degeneration and
cataracts.

Vitamins _ California avocados contain more thiamin, riboflavin,
niacin, biotin, vitamin E, folic acid vitamin K and pantothenic acid than any of
the other 20 most frequently consumed raw fruits.

Minerals _ California avocados contain more potassium and magnesium than bananas or any of the other 20 most frequently consumed raw fruits.

I am not in sales. I do not want to be sales. I am not affiliated with this company. However heres a source, and a good one at that.

**broken link removed**

If you're just discovering avocados, here are some buying and
preparation hints:

Test for ripeness with a gentle squeeze. If the fruit yields to
pressure but doesn't remain dented, it's ripe. A firm avocado will
ripen in a few days sitting on a kitchen counter.

To cut an avocado, slice it lengthwise around the seed and rotate the
halves to separate. Lift the seed out with a spoon and then peel the
fruit with a knife (or your fingers) -- or just scoop out the avocado
meat with a spoon.

A cut avocado will turn brown. Squeeze some lemon juice on the cut if
you aren't eating it right away. If an area turns brown, just scrape it
off. Avocados are relatively high in calories -- about 300 for a whole avocado.

cool.

Never knew that about my friendly neighborhood avocado! Plus I like the way they taste so I guess I might as well get some.

DrG

Last edited:
Im also a huge advocate of GREEN TEA (GT)

Most studies find no differences in benefits of brewing over swallowing the extract in pill form, so whatever floats your boat.

BTW a 200mg pill @ 75% polyphenols is about equal to 2 perfectly brewed cups.

Get up past ten cups a day!

My BP tends to get high when on but usually when I don't control bloat or on Tren for more than 4 weeks. It's been as high as 155/100 - but never "both" numbers that high at the same time.

During my recent pre-contest cycle (included Tren) I was taking more gear than I thought possible - LOL. I was afraid to check my BP. I ended up checking it one week before contest (and diuretic use) and it was 117/60 !!! Go Figure! :confused: :D

xcel

And dont forget the medical community has lowered the Normal BP range. 120/80 is now considered an indication of high bp! Just a way for PPL to go running to get scripts to lower there now high BP if ya ask me.

whats weird with mine is. I actually have higher BP when off lol. maybe it's the stress of being away from gear and i wanna get on again so bad hehe.

JW

Once I finished this cycle (back at the end of March, notice I originally posted this thread back in February) my BP came back to "normal" at least for me, about 120/70. I did learn one thing during all this though, buy a damn blood pressure gauge and measure regularly when on! I had never done that before and had no idea what my BP was during my previous cycles.

I'm getting ready to start my 2nd cycle for this year (6th cycle overall, beginning at the end of June), and I will definitely measure it once a week to get a better sense of how long it takes my body to respond. Like most of you, I find it both interesting and a little scary to run these science experiments on myself :D

Any added advice on BP control is always appreciated!

DrG

drgoodbody said:
As of right now I've been on a cycle for 10 weeks and 4 days. All injectibles, Test (enanthate & prop), Tren (homebrew and RSOC Humatren), EQ (QV bold 200), Winstrol (Zambons). The cycle has been much more of a cutting and hardening cycle, with minimal change in scale weight but about a ~1lb per week of lbm added and a roughly equal drop in body fat.

Pre-cycle my BP was: 120/70, resting pulse 61
Currently my BP is: 145/80, resting pulse 65

Elevated BP was expected, but I'm just wondering if there is any cause for alarm given my current readings. :confused:

LMK,

DrG
I wouldn't get too excited about it just yet. My BP is 155/85 and I know it is from the enanthate. Just keep checking it and make sure it doesn't get too much higher. You are just borderling high. Bigwil

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws