advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who lives in San Diego? (Or is very familiar with it -including north county.(Carlsbad, Encinitas etc)

This is what i would recommend. The beach access is fantastic even if you drive there so i would not get crazy about trying to live near the beach because your going to pay for it in spades. I would look at Vista (south of the 78), San marcos, carlsbad (south of the 78), oceanside (south of the 78), la costa, encinitas is great but again can be expensive. An ideal situation that is readily available to you Sean is living in a full guest house out here of a very wealthy resident where you have your own access and driveway. Those are very doable out here if you can find them. {Rancho Sante Fe, Encinitas,}.....and some of these guest houses are incredible. If not in the guest house, then i would look in the towns that I named above.

what you describe is LA, SF.
san diego not so much.
especially north county.
you're not going to find skid row or wide spread homelessness along coastal mid-north county san diego.
hippy dippy, crystal rock energy, bullshit yes.. but homelessness and wide spread crime, not really if at all.
Well i apologise, i guess its just the price point of those areas were i figured, if i were homeless, im moving to those areas haha

You just described 10% of the actual state. You nailed LA and that's about it. CA is freaking huge and with variety of political opinions (which yours is)...drive out to Fresno or Bakersfield and your opinion is agreed with by just about everyone.

As far as CA goes to the OP, like GotGame said, go south OC. I do love me some North SD but the South OC is just gorgeous. The hills of San Clemente that overlook the 5 and out to the ocean are unreal. I grew up in CA, lived in Portland, Phoenix, Atlanta and NYC. Favorite place as a bachelor was NYC by a mile. CA is great if you arent from there AND if you arent moving to LA. Its beautiful, is laid back and it has a different vibe. SF and LA are their own animals. Cant even lump them into how i judge CA at all.

Hahah im laughing because bakersfield, im very familiar with and yes its a crap hole, i guess u just need to make hella good money to move to south cali..... And if i could, i might, but then again, im not an ocean guy, more of a lake guy

Now before some of you go ridiculing California for it's taxes, high cost of living, Governor and other things.. let's imagine a situation where re-locating there is a possibility and something you really want to do. I am already familiar with a fairly high cost of living-so it won't be a shell-shock. I am very familiar with Southern California from LA to SD but not as well-versed in the north counties except for passing through and enjoying their beauty. I am more specifically talking about the coastal towns... Oceanside to Del Mar - and more specifically honing in on Carlsbad and Encinitas...renting - as a mid 30's bachelor. California is somewhere I feel I have always wanted to be..but I would love input from people that live there, have lived there or can 'life hack' the initial experience of relocating there.

My initial thoughts are optimally west of the 5(but not married to that idea as it obviously costs more).
Proximity and access to the 5 and beaches.
Looking at idealistic living where there is beauty and a fair amount of peace and quiet but close proximity (walking would be great but a short drive) to restaurants and bars.
A decent amount of 25-35yr olds. I do not want to be living in a retirement community or an 18-22yr old college atmosphere. While it is tolerable to be around the younger crowd-as I have worked in bars in major cities doing security and bartending for over a decade - I'd like to be around an equal amount of people my age with real lives and goals.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hey brotha... Carlsbad is nice, but a little booji. You might want to look into Oceanside, it's the northern most city in SD county, pretty much impossible to live there and NOT be close to the water, and plenty of bars/restaurants, and it's not super high cost like other parts of SD.

You are also 45 min or south of Orange County which has a lot going on.

Hey brotha... Carlsbad is nice, but a little booji. You might want to look into Oceanside, it's the northern most city in SD county, pretty much impossible to live there and NOT be close to the water, and plenty of bars/restaurants, and it's not super high cost like other parts of SD.

You are also 45 min or south of Orange County which has a lot going on.

My only reservations with that are I presume its a very high percentage male and while I love the US military and Marines, I would prefer to not always be around young ones when I decide to venture out...(if that makes sense). I'm past the point in my life where I willingly inject myself into nonsense. I played Dalton in Roadhouse or Vin Diesel's part in Knockaround Guys long enough..lol.

Any thoughts on Encinitas? As I have said, I am very surprised at the minimal apartment living complexes scattered about Carlsbad and Encinitas.

Now before some of you go ridiculing California for it's taxes, high cost of living, Governor and other things.. let's imagine a situation where re-locating there is a possibility and something you really want to do. I am already familiar with a fairly high cost of living-so it won't be a shell-shock. I am very familiar with Southern California from LA to SD but not as well-versed in the north counties except for passing through and enjoying their beauty. I am more specifically talking about the coastal towns... Oceanside to Del Mar - and more specifically honing in on Carlsbad and Encinitas...renting - as a mid 30's bachelor. California is somewhere I feel I have always wanted to be..but I would love input from people that live there, have lived there or can 'life hack' the initial experience of relocating there.

My initial thoughts are optimally west of the 5(but not married to that idea as it obviously costs more).
Proximity and access to the 5 and beaches.
Looking at idealistic living where there is beauty and a fair amount of peace and quiet but close proximity (walking would be great but a short drive) to restaurants and bars.
A decent amount of 25-35yr olds. I do not want to be living in a retirement community or an 18-22yr old college atmosphere. While it is tolerable to be around the younger crowd-as I have worked in bars in major cities doing security and bartending for over a decade - I'd like to be around an equal amount of people my age with real lives and goals.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
I live in Orange county and I want to get the hell out of the state. I've lived in Colorado and Florida (as well as Switzerland) both those states are much better.

How long ago did you live there? It's hard finding centralized locations of living arrangements and wondering if they're really near a part of town I want to be near. (Groceries, restaurants, etc) There isn't nearly as much housing as I'd have thought..especially near the Ocean. Also, nothing seems to be higher than 2 or 3 stories in North County.

It's been near 11 yrs since I've moved from that area.

Knight....SD and the surrounding areas are awesome, and most of the State (not all) is so damn beautiful.....BUT....i'd recommend to also give thought into what direction the state is headed in before making any final decisions. There is a lot you have to look past to live here, and it will probably continue down that same path. I'm not gonna go more on this, but it is something i'd recommend from one friend to another to look at before moving out here. Coming out for vacation is one thing, but living is another. Now that could be awesome to some, and a nightmare for others. I really have to look at the beauty of the state to stay out here....just saying. Keep that in mind....and i'd urge the rest of the posters to not make this political....hope mine is fine, but if it needs to be deleted, I understand. The Sierra Nevadas are an hour away from me, if that, and the beach is 1.5-2 hrs from me. We have great restaurants, and good fishing and hiking and camping and off-road riding and horseback riding and women and hospitals, etc. These are what make the state worth living in, for me....well and the weather is good most of the year. Winter is awesome, unless you love the snow. The summer does get pretty damn hot, but it also depends on what area you live in, too....for the most part.

I will concur with MR BMJ.....Im trying to keep politically mute but I have never seen in my lifetime a state being ruined, laws and decisions being put into place so badly than what I have seen of late by the political leaders of this state.
It has 1/4 of the welfare of the USA
It has 66000 people homeless in LA alone and 152000 people homeless in the state. (Think of that before you just scan by it...think of 100 people standing across on the other side of your street right now....lot of people isnt it? Think of 152 thousand....its insanity)
100's of thousands of people are leaving the state in droves because they are financially being driven from the state.
Both middle of the road and gigantic companies (who employ so many people) are leaving the state in droves.
When you drive all the companies out who are employing the state, and drive all the people out who are entrepreneurs and can make positive changes in the state....what are you left with?
It has been very disheartening to watch....

Knight....SD and the surrounding areas are awesome, and most of the State (not all) is so damn beautiful.....BUT....i'd recommend to also give thought into what direction the state is headed in before making any final decisions. There is a lot you have to look past to live here, and it will probably continue down that same path. I'm not gonna go more on this, but it is something i'd recommend from one friend to another to look at before moving out here. Coming out for vacation is one thing, but living is another. Now that could be awesome to some, and a nightmare for others. I really have to look at the beauty of the state to stay out here....just saying. Keep that in mind....and i'd urge the rest of the posters to not make this political....hope mine is fine, but if it needs to be deleted, I understand. The Sierra Nevadas are an hour away from me, if that, and the beach is 1.5-2 hrs from me. We have great restaurants, and good fishing and hiking and camping and off-road riding and horseback riding and women and hospitals, etc. These are what make the state worth living in, for me....well and the weather is good most of the year. Winter is awesome, unless you love the snow. The summer does get pretty damn hot, but it also depends on what area you live in, too....for the most part.

you cant compare the 'state of jefferson' region to northern san diego county.. its not even close. although politics wise both areas lean right.
i see a pattern developing here.. everyone from or who lives in san diego support the move.
everyone else outside north county, not so much. i 'live' in SE san diego 1/4 of the year, probably more now since
some personal things have changed in my life.
i say, if OP is single, then give it a shot. even if you land somewhere you're not that quite fond of.. eventually youll make your way to the coast.
or OP may like his initial touchdown location. you cant go wrong with RB, Poway, Vista, San Marcos, some parts of Esco..
Even Fallbrook is nice.. Oceanside has its areas(like the Valley).. but nothing like during the days of high gang activity(90s).

I live up in the Valley but grew up in OC.
Travel down there a couple times a week for meetings and other shit.

I live in Orange county and I want to get the hell out of the state. I've lived in Colorado and Florida (as well as Switzerland) both those states are much better.

California it is! I'll be in northern San Diego before the end of the year. Thanks for all your input guys but I am still open to hearing more.

California it is! I'll be in northern San Diego before the end of the year. Thanks for all your input guys but I am still open to hearing more.

Welcome! Hopefully all the gyms wont be closed next month. I treat each workout like its my last. Gyms are still open in Orange county but my best guess is it gets shut down within next two weeks given the covid color tier system being used.

I live in SD. Moved here from Boston. It’s like this pacific beach is the college age white kids who party and drink. North park and South Park are the hipsters in there late 20’s and 30’s. Downtown is touristy. I live in OB which I like cause it’s chill. It’s where all the hippies love but the attitude and culture of caring for the community and keeping it locally owned businesses is what I like about it. Plus dog beach is right here.
Del Mar,La Jolla, Encinitas, those areas are the fancier more expensive areas.
I enjoy all of San Diego and all it has to offer.
you mentioned you want to be around people your age and driven successful. That is just your job and who you meet and who you choose to spend your time with.Successful people live in every part. You can’t buy a house here for under 600k and that is a 700sq. Ft. Need work house. The work ethic is different here. People are laid back.
my job is to literally find people jobs. I work with many companies in San Diego and I’m very surprised how poorly they are run and how much improvement they could use all the way to management.
things fly here that would never fly on the east coast. I don’t make that much money around 65k a year and I do ok. I don’t go with out and that’s ok for me. But I feel like to really do well out here you have to make six figures.They pay here is very different. They low ball a lot of job positions that pay very well elsewhere. If you can make 6 figures you’ll be ok.

Spent some time Coronado, my buddy lives in Dana Point. Real nice. Im an East Coast guy last 20. Va Beach.

I love that whole region, lived in oceanside for a few years, was so chill. Miss the energy. Carlsbad is nice and imo family oriented. If you love dining out and restaurants San Diego is where its at. All of them are in the same vicinity so you can't go wrong

Have a few friends who live in Carlsbad. its nice but i prefer slightly more north near san clemente, dana point, newport beach. I did think about carlsbad for a minute but it was just too far from my places of work and what i wanted socially.

As for being a single mid 30's bachelor. Hmm... id rank NYC > San Fran> Socal in terms of women. Dont get me wrong...im being good now but when I wasnt trying to settle down socal is like shooting fish in a barrel. I think i almost felt guilty at some point lol...almost lol I will always be partial to NYC women and dating scene though.

You are already welll versed in socal so i dont have much more to add

Carlsbad is one of the nicest places in north county with the exception of del mar and rancho st fe which is probably nicer than Beverly hills. Carlsbad isn't cheap. San Diego is really expensive. San Clemente and dana pt and newport are OC and really nice! newport has a sick surf spot called the wedge and a cool culture. Any beach town is great besides oceanside but even it Has nice areas. Huge gang presence in other north county cities

Carlsbad is one of the nicest places in north county with the exception of del mar and rancho st fe which is probably nicer than Beverly hills. Carlsbad isn't cheap. San Diego is really expensive. San Clemente and dana pt and newport are OC and really nice! newport has a sick surf spot called the wedge and a cool culture. Any beach town is great besides oceanside but even it Has nice areas. Huge gang presence in other north county cities
Where are you at? Any of those places?

This is what i would recommend. The beach access is fantastic even if you drive there so i would not get crazy about trying to live near the beach because your going to pay for it in spades. I would look at Vista (south of the 78), San marcos, carlsbad (south of the 78), oceanside (south of the 78), la costa, encinitas is great but again can be expensive. An ideal situation that is readily available to you Sean is living in a full guest house out here of a very wealthy resident where you have your own access and driveway. Those are very doable out here if you can find them. {Rancho Sante Fe, Encinitas,}.....and some of these guest houses are incredible. If not in the guest house, then i would look in the towns that I named above.

agreed, rancho st fe is baller, del mar, Olivenhain.. then more south RB and Poway are super nice,black mountain 4s ranch, and that area in Vista near you guys industrial is nice, shadow ridge also, Encinitas has a very earthy culture its great
Where are you at? Any of those places?

lets just say I am very familiar with the terrain of an adjacent city

Knight... let's get a status update.
Are you in Vista?

I'll be out that way soon.. between SE Daygo and Leucadia... then with the relaxed lockdowns will be out there for the next 6months.
It's my usual. 6months at my place in SE... then back here for another 6 months.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws