advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who takes curcumin and why? Dante hints it to be great for the health of bodybuilders

I would be interested in where to find injectable curcumin and resveratrol. I have looked all over and can't find it.

I bought mine already prepared, so I cannot help with making it, sorry.
The first few batches of curcumin and resveratrol that I received left very painful depots.
It is a bit embarrassing, but I did use them as suppositories with some success. I was still feeling the benefits of them without injecting. That is how good these supps are, that I was willing to go that route just to get them in my system.

Like mountaindog said, do everything you can to eliminate inflammation.
The majority of the foods we eat cause inflammation, and a lot of experts are saying that inflammation is the main cause of most disease.

Curcumin is a very potent anti-inflammatory. Some people report success taking higher doses orally with bioperine added.
I take the oral version along with my inject.

You should look into Lipostabil Choline/ phosphatidylserine too, it is supposed to help with cholesterol and arterial plaque.

Also, you want to look into eating cranberries. I buy frozen bags of them and blend them with protein in my vitamix. I read a study on pigs that were genetically developed to have brittle arteries and arteriosclerosis. They were fed a diet of only cranberries, and their genetically predisposed issues were fixed.

Please tell us where you bought these injectable supplements!

I also take curcumin but question if it is good for every day long term use.

Supposedly even though it is an herbal anti-inflammatory it is as bad as NSAIDS in that it reduces blood flow to the worked/damaged area as well as inhibit GAG

As I say I use it but am now questioning if it is good long term or not.

Maybe one of our sponsor can get it!!! There seems to be enough people that want to try

I bought mine already prepared, so I cannot help with making it, sorry.
The first few batches of curcumin and resveratrol that I received left very painful depots.
It is a bit embarrassing, but I did use them as suppositories with some success. I was still feeling the benefits of them without injecting. That is how good these supps are, that I was willing to go that route just to get them in my system.

Like mountaindog said, do everything you can to eliminate inflammation.
The majority of the foods we eat cause inflammation, and a lot of experts are saying that inflammation is the main cause of most disease.

Curcumin is a very potent anti-inflammatory. Some people report success taking higher doses orally with bioperine added.
I take the oral version along with my inject.

You should look into Lipostabil Choline/ phosphatidylserine too, it is supposed to help with cholesterol and arterial plaque.

Also, you want to look into eating cranberries. I buy frozen bags of them and blend them with protein in my vitamix. I read a study on pigs that were genetically developed to have brittle arteries and arteriosclerosis. They were fed a diet of only cranberries, and their genetically predisposed issues were fixed.

I think you're getting way too carried away with the whole inflammation issue. It's nowhere near as problematic as you seem to imply.

Sure, if you're fat and sedentary, with poor insulin/glucose control, then inflammation is an issue. But if you're lean/normal, with normal/good insulin/glucose control, then its just not that big of an issue.

I think you're getting way too carried away with the whole inflammation issue. It's nowhere near as problematic as you seem to imply.

Sure, if you're fat and sedentary, with poor insulin/glucose control, then inflammation is an issue. But if you're lean/normal, with normal/good insulin/glucose control, then its just not that big of an issue.

I think they are thinking with higher dosing of HGH the heart and other organs get larger and perhaps the curcumin could help, but I could be wrong.

I know I quoted myself, but MD liked it and that reminded me...

Ground Turkey Thigh= Tremendous Food.

I know the talk of MD and his raw milk, coconut oil, etc. But one thing that needs to be regarded is ground turkey thigh. Super cheap, too at whole foods. About $4 a lb. I go through quite a bit in my bulking phase, super tasty, can make meatloaf with it easily with just eggs, onions, spinach, peanut butter, and some pine nuts as binders.

Kale, too. And Kimchi, if you're like me and like spice.

Ground Turkey Thigh meatloaf is my go-to-meal while bulking. I can get it so it's about 45g protein, 20g fat per serving of my meatloaf. I know a lot of people are high carb/high protein/trace fats, but I like the higher fat way. Keeps me less watery, leaner, and just more pleasant looking.

Sliced - funny story for you. I was getting ground turkey from Whole Foods a few years prepping for a show, ASSUMING it wasn't terribly fatty...it was actually tueky thigh with significant fat, and did absolutely nothing bad in terms of preconest hardness and condition...

Kale is my favorite veggie, and when I go to WF, I load up on Sanjay's spicy kimchi - it appears you and I are on the same page :)

MD - I looked on mercola's site and saw the tumeric there. 375mg, but it is a pure form (like all his stuff)

is that a sufficient one? thoughts?

what about axansthaian (or however you spell it)

good to combine that with tumeric?

..ive already hinted that to him but ge thinks there isnt enough of a demand for it. Maybe that will change.
If enough people tried this stuff, demand would be through the roof.
I'd like to see that happen, because I don't want to have to rely on one single source for it, if something happened to him I would be very sad.
Just to give you an idea of how much I love it.... I shoot .25cc of res 3x per week (painful) and .5cc of curcumin 7 days per week (current batch doesn't hurt, old one killed).
I am a human pin cushion, but it is worth it to do 7 shots a week to get these benefits.

Please tell us where you bought these injectable supplements!
I too would like to know where to get injectable resvertol and curcumin.
I would like to help you guys out, but I messaged my source today to see if I could send some people over, and he said he wanted to stay private for now.
Sorry.

You are right if referring to athletes with great diets. If your diet and activity levels are at all like the average American, then yes, inflammation is a HUGE deal and is causing many, many health issues that the medical system is treating the symptoms of because lazy people will not change their diet and start exercising.

Resveratrol only works in rodents. That's about as much as you can say about it.
Not sure why you are so against these things. I am not selling them, I am supporting them because I think they are amazing and I would like them to become mainstream so that everyone can enjoy the health and performance benefits.
I won't deny that if my supplier would offer me 100's of vials at dirt cheap prices so I could sell them for a reasonable markup, I would. With that said, even with a slight mark up, anyone who tried them would feel their money was very well spent and I promise they would be wanting to order more.
I wish I knew how he made it, I would be a millionaire.
I'm not sure what study you are referring to, but was the resveratrol orally administered? It is practically useless unless injected.

I think they are thinking with higher dosing of HGH the heart and other organs get larger and perhaps the curcumin could help, but I could be wrong.
Yep, the heart benefit I am referring to is the prevention or reversal of heart enlargement from AAS and GH use.

Inhibition and Prevention of Cancer

•Human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC): curcumin treatment resulted both in the inhibition in the growth of these tumor cells, as well as an increase in death of these tumor cells
•Oral cancer: When applied three times per week to the affected area in the mouth, curcumin inhibited the growth of chemically-induced oral cancers with a noted increase in effect if administered with green tea extract.
•Hepatic cancer: Curcumin given orally resulted in decreased growth and increased tumor cell death in animal models.
•Mantle cell lymphoma: These tumor cells showed a significant inhibition of cell proliferation when treated with active curcumin
•Non-small cell lung cancer: Curcumin has been shown to increase sensitivity to a specific chemotherapy (IFN-Gamma) which, without curcumin, was relatively insensitive to this particular cancer type.
•Colon cancer and polyps: The oral administration of curcumin has been shown in multiple rodent models to inhibit polyp formation as well as increasing cell death in existing colon cancer lesions.

Cardiovascular Benefits

With several recent studies focusing on the beneficial effects of polyphenol-based dietary components such as red wine on vascular health, curcumin has been shown to improve several aspects of cardiovascular health.

•High homocysteine levels: Patients with high homocysteine levels have been found to have endothelial cells which do not function properly. Endothelial cells are those cells which line the inside of our blood vessels and, amongst other functions, prevent blood from clotting and plaques from forming. Curcumin has been found to prevent this dysfunction. It was suggested that dietary curcumin play a role in the treatment of patients with high homocysteine levels.
•Atherosclerotic lesions: : Curcumin treatment resulted in a significant decrease in early atherosclerotic lesions (fatty streaks) in rabbits fed high fat and cholesterol diets.
•Oxidized-LDL levels: Curcumin given at a dose of 1.66mg/kg body weight orally to rabbits fed a high fat and cholesterol diet resulted in a significant decrease in oxidized-LDL levels after 7 weeks of treatment.
•C-reactive protein (CRP)-induced vascular damage: CRP is a protein which the body produces as a marker of inflammation and has been shown damage endothelial cells. This results in increased evidence vascular disease and blood clotting. Curcumin treatment was shown to completely inhibit the effect of CRP on these endothelial cells.

Anti-inflammatory Properties

•COX-2 inhibitor: Recently, commercially available COX-2 inhibitors have fallen under much scrutiny in the treatment of arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. Curcumin has been shown to potently inhibit the COX-2 enzyme in a variety of cell types.
•Traumatic shock: After accidents and trauma, large quantities of blood loss can cause the body to fail and organ systems to shut down as a result of a massive inflammatory reaction. Curcumin was found to lower the serum levels of certain inflammatory proteins to normal in these cases.
•Rheumatoid arthritis: A trial in humans was conducted to determine the effects of curcumin on the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Eighteen patients were administered 1200mg/d of curcumin for two weeks and it was found that this treatment regimen resulted in a significant improvement in morning stiffness, walking time, and joint swelling.

Safety and Absorption

•It has been estimated that the average daily intake of turmeric in the Indian diet is about 2-2.5g which equates to about 60-100mg of curcumin daily.
•Curcumin at a dose of 1.8g/kg/day was given to rats and 0.9g/kg/day to monkeys with no toxicity or adverse events.
•A phase I clinical trial in humans was carried out to determine associated toxicity with high dose curcumin administration. Subjects were fed 8000mg of curcumin per day and experienced no toxic effects.
•Several clinical studies have used doses of 1000-2000mg/day of pure curcumin with no reports of toxic effects or adverse outcomes in humans.
•Absorption (blood levels) after oral administration was highest 1-2 hours after dosing and decreased to undetectable after 12 hours.

*****Researchers in France fed 20 mice a diet supplemented with curcumin or a comparison diet not supplemented with curcumin. After 16 weeks, mice fed on the curcumin-based diet had a 26% reduction in fatty deposits in their arteries compared to mice on the comparison diet.

In addition, curcumin appeared to alter the genetic signaling involved in plaque buildup at the molecular level.

*****The protective role of curcumin in cardiovascu... [Int J Cardiol. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

*******broken link removed**

*******broken link removed**

Where i think the real benefit lies is every lifter (especially sauced lifters and especially lifters who use a combo of gh and AAS) have a degree of LVH/cardiomyopathy.....besides its anti cancer and fatty deposits benefits.....preventing and reversing heart enlargement is something that virtually no other compound does yet its a main worry for any and all bodybuilders. I know of a heavy gh user on this very board who died from just that and we all know Chris250 (also Maldorf) wound up in the hospital due to heart enlargement. Unfortunately its usually one of those things (cardiomyopathy) thats a huge problem in the lifting community but nobody knows about it till you drop dead or you have serious problems warranting a trip to the ER.

There's a lot of dosages flying around as to what's average for an indian diet, administered to rats, monkeys, high dose but still nontoxic....what is a reasonable, effective dose? I found some a lef.org which I'm sure is high quality in 400mg caps. It says take one a day. Is that sufficient?

Sliced - funny story for you. I was getting ground turkey from Whole Foods a few years prepping for a show, ASSUMING it wasn't terribly fatty...it was actually tueky thigh with significant fat, and did absolutely nothing bad in terms of preconest hardness and condition...

Kale is my favorite veggie, and when I go to WF, I load up on Sanjay's spicy kimchi - it appears you and I are on the same page :)

Well I'd like to think that, but you are the who suggested ground turkey thigh before, that's why I got it. It's not great minds think alike, it's me just taking your fine advice you mentioned somewhere that I read. I think in your diet guide principle thread.

As for Kale, and Kimchi, then yes, great minds think alike.

Try chopping onions, kimchi, chopped celery, putting some kale into a bowl filled with ground turkey thigh and some grass fed beef or ground buffalo meat, an egg per LB of raw meat, .5tbsp of crunchy PB(I like cashew) per LB, some mixed nuts. Mash it all up, cook in the oven at 350 for 75 minutes, let it sit for 15 minutes. You got some mighty fine meatload. Depending on how much LBs of ground turkey thigh, pb, eggs, etc. obviously, you can get a real high protein/high fat meal that's delicious.

If you want to add a source of carbohydrates and drop some fat for you other folks, ditch the peanut butter, some of the eggs, use brown rice, kefir yoghurt, and some pineapple as binders. Or do a mix of this and you get a more balanced meal.

I've done it so it's 45 pro/20 fat per serving, and another one that's 45 pro/10 fat/20 carb per serving.

Well I'd like to think that, but you are the who suggested ground turkey thigh before, that's why I got it. It's not great minds think alike, it's me just taking your fine advice you mentioned somewhere that I read. I think in your diet guide principle thread.

As for Kale, and Kimchi, then yes, great minds think alike.

Try chopping onions, kimchi, chopped celery, putting some kale into a bowl filled with ground turkey thigh and some grass fed beef or ground buffalo meat, an egg per LB of raw meat, .5tbsp of crunchy PB(I like cashew) per LB, some mixed nuts. Mash it all up, cook in the oven at 350 for 75 minutes, let it sit for 15 minutes. You got some mighty fine meatload. Depending on how much LBs of ground turkey thigh, pb, eggs, etc. obviously, you can get a real high protein/high fat meal that's delicious.

If you want to add a source of carbohydrates and drop some fat for you other folks, ditch the peanut butter, some of the eggs, use brown rice, kefir yoghurt, and some pineapple as binders. Or do a mix of this and you get a more balanced meal.

I've done it so it's 45 pro/20 fat per serving, and another one that's 45 pro/10 fat/20 carb per serving.

I will be submitting this recipe request to the boss tomorrow!!!! Thanks - sounds awesome....

Dante do you still think that overall demand is too low for you at stock this at T-N to make it worthwhile for you as a vendor?
I know I speak for everyone reading this when I say we'd all love to see you stock this given the quality of everything at T-N. Plus it would cut down on the number of different vendors I'd have to use for this and that

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131