advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who takes curcumin and why? Dante hints it to be great for the health of bodybuilders

would taking turmeric (very cheap) powder have the same effects?

you would need the turmeric powder to be of high quality saying "standardized for x % of circumin," or something along those lines. it's the circumin that is in the turmeric, that makes the turmeric desireable for these benefits. i have no idea what dose we should be using though? i just bought a turmeric extract from gnc a few days ago and started taking it. it is 500mg of turmeric standardized for 95% circuminoids. I found this also, pure circumin with supposedly better absorption...

**broken link removed**

i'm sure it can be found from other places, but gnc was faster than googling it lol. would either of these products truly be beneficial? and if so, at what dosage? i'm taking the gnc brand 500mg turmeric with 95% circuminoids right now, one cap per day. am i wasting my time/money?

Last edited:
There's a ton of information here. This one thread has dug up more on resveratrol, curcumin, inflamation, etc. than I've found on entire forums dedicated to it, like at imminst.org. Just following the links and researching will keep me busy for days. I appreciate all the input. Are half of ya'll docs or something? :)

If enough people tried this stuff, demand would be through the roof.
I'd like to see that happen, because I don't want to have to rely on one single source for it, if something happened to him I would be very sad.
Just to give you an idea of how much I love it.... I shoot .25cc of res 3x per week (painful) and .5cc of curcumin 7 days per week (current batch doesn't hurt, old one killed).
I am a human pin cushion, but it is worth it to do 7 shots a week to get these benefits.

I would like to help you guys out, but I messaged my source today to see if I could send some people over, and he said he wanted to stay private for now.
Sorry.

You are right if referring to athletes with great diets. If your diet and activity levels are at all like the average American, then yes, inflammation is a HUGE deal and is causing many, many health issues that the medical system is treating the symptoms of because lazy people will not change their diet and start exercising.

Not sure why you are so against these things. I am not selling them, I am supporting them because I think they are amazing and I would like them to become mainstream so that everyone can enjoy the health and performance benefits.
I won't deny that if my supplier would offer me 100's of vials at dirt cheap prices so I could sell them for a reasonable markup, I would. With that said, even with a slight mark up, anyone who tried them would feel their money was very well spent and I promise they would be wanting to order more.
I wish I knew how he made it, I would be a millionaire.
I'm not sure what study you are referring to, but was the resveratrol orally administered? It is practically useless unless injected.

Yep, the heart benefit I am referring to is the prevention or reversal of heart enlargement from AAS and GH use.

This isn't personal. I'm simply against taking things that haven't been shown to actually work in humans with efficacy. Curcumin is one thing (Research is there), but Resveratrol does nothing for humans. If you disagree with this, feel free to post some peer-reviewed research/evidence to the contrary as I'm not against changing my POV if new evidence of Resveratrol's effectiveness has actually come to light.

I take injectable curcumin and resveratrol. Bioavailability of both is very poor orally.
The curcumin heals muscle, protects the heart, reduces inflammation and burns some fat.
It also reduces scar tissue at the injection site (at least I think it does, I have noticed less scarring in areas I have put curcumin.
I use 50mg daily.

Resveratrol is a wild one. Very potent anti-oxidant. Increases my endurance, and I feel it boosts my immune system. Makes you lose weight. I went overboard with dosing and loss quite a bit of muscle along with fat.
I am down to 25mg 3x per week, was using 100mg per day (way too much).

Both can be painful at the injection site, but I have gotten used to them.
When I stop taking them for a while, I start to notice aches creeping on me and just an overall feeling of being more run down.

I've been taking both for years. Never heard of an injectible version. Where do you get this and is there any research on injectible curcumin/resveratol?

If I'm not mistaken, Animal makes injectable curcumin and resveratol.

Last edited:
This isn't personal. I'm simply against taking things that haven't been shown to actually work in humans with efficacy. Curcumin is one thing (Research is there), but Resveratrol does nothing for humans. If you disagree with this, feel free to post some peer-reviewed research/evidence to the contrary as I'm not against changing my POV if new evidence of Resveratrol's effectiveness has actually come to light.

I generally use these message boards to learn new information and to pass on my own experience, I have found that trying to change minds is not only difficult, but not of any benefit to myself.
If resveratrol does not work for you, I am sorry to hear that. I am enjoying the benefits of it tremendously and would like others to as well.
The forum that I did all of my resveratrol research on has endless studies about it, I just went there and grabbed the first few I saw. If you really are curious about it, google resveratrol or go to pubmed.
It would take me hours to post all the studies that forum has about the benefits of resveratrol, and to be honest with you, the time and effort to do that is not worth it for me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

PLoS One. 2011;6(11):e27081. Epub 2011 Nov 1.

Activation of Sirt1 by resveratrol inhibits TNF-α induced inflammation in fibroblasts.

Zhu X, Liu Q, Wang M, Liang M, Yang X, Xu X, Zou H, Qiu J.
Source

Division of Rheumatology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai, China.

Abstract

Inflammation is one of main mechanisms of autoimmune disorders and a common feature of most diseases. Appropriate suppression of inflammation is a key resolution to treat the diseases. Sirtuin1 (Sirt1) has been shown to play a role in regulation of inflammation. Resveratrol, a potent Sirt1 activator, has anti-inflammation property. However, the detailed mechanism is not fully understood. In this study, we investigated the anti-inflammation role of Sirt1 in NIH/3T3 fibroblast cell line. Upregulation of matrix metalloproteinases 9 (MMP-9), interleukin-1beta (IL-1β), IL-6 and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) were induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) in 3T3 cells and resveratrol suppressed overexpression of these pro-inflammatory molecules in a dose-dependent manner. Knockdown of Sirt1 by RNA interference caused 3T3 cells susceptible to TNF-α stimulation and diminished anti-inflammatory effect of resveratrol. We also explored potential anti-inflammatory mechanisms of resveratrol. Resveratrol reduced NF-κB subunit RelA/p65 acetylation, which is notably Sirt1 dependent. Resveratrol also attenuated phosphorylation of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) and S6 ribosomal protein (S6RP) while ameliorating inflammation. Our data demonstrate that resveratrol inhibits TNF-α-induced inflammation via Sirt1. It suggests that Sirt1 is an efficient target for regulation of inflammation. This study provides insight on treatment of inflammation-related diseases.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
atherosclerosis :Resveratrol inhibits TNF-alpha-induced proliferation and matrix metalloproteinase expression in human vascular smooth muscle cells. Resveratrol inhibits TNF-alpha-induced proliferation ... [J Nutr. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

-neurodegenerative diseases:Resveratrol inhibits nitric oxide and TNF-α production by lipopolysaccharide-activated microglia ScienceDirect.com - International Immunopharmacology - Resveratrol inhibits nitric oxide and TNF-? production by lipopolysaccharide-activated microglia

-coronary artery disease/atherogenesis:Resveratrol attenuates TNF-α-induced activation of coronary arterial endothelial cells: role of NF-κB inhibition Resveratrol attenuates TNF-

-interesting:Anti-inflammatory effect of resveratrol on TNF-a-induced
MCP-1 expression in adipocytes(Further analysis showed that resveratrol inhibited DNA binding activity
of the NF-jB complex and subsequently suppressed NF-jB transcriptional activity in TNF-a-stimulated cells):http://www.cmdrchina.org/UploadFile/2010619163748169.pdf

-Resveratrol Improves Endothelial Function
Role of TNFα and VascularOxidativeStress:
Resveratrol Improves Endothelial Function
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

NaturalNews) Researchers publishing the results of two independent studies in the British Journal of Nutrition have demonstrated that polyphenol antioxidants found naturally in red grapes can prevent the buildup of fat in muscle tissue that is a precursor to metabolic disorder and diabetes. Resveratrol and grape seed extracts influence how the body responds to insulin, the hormone that controls critical mechanisms of dietary sugar and fat metabolism. The grape-derived compounds have been shown to improve cardiovascular and Alzheimer`s disease risk factors in the past. Information gleaned from these studies explains how daily consumption of the fresh fruit can be invaluable as it prevents muscular fat accumulation leading to metabolic instability and diabetes.

Detailing the result of research performed at the University of Montpellier in France, scientists found that subjects fed a diet high in fat and sugar experienced a lower accumulation of fat in muscle tissue when supplemented with a concentrated extract of red grape polyphenols. Diets high in oxidized saturated fats are known to disrupt the normal function of insulin leading to insulin resistance and diabetes. By limiting the effect of fats on cell membranes, the grape extract was found to provide a significant level of protection against the disease.

In a separate body of research, scientists determined that a 10 mg daily dose of resveratrol was associated with lowered insulin resistance in Type-II diabetics. Resveratrol is a powerful protective anti-fungal compound found in the skin of red grapes. Known to activate a longevity signaling gene (SIRT-1), resveratrol has been shown to extend lifespan by lowering the risks associated with systemic inflammation. The polyphenol may help to prevent cancer development, cardiovascular disease and dementia, and it is now shown to impede the development of diabetes by regulating insulin sensitivity.

Researchers formed two groups of participants and randomly supplemented their diet with resveratrol (5 mg twice a day) or a placebo. After four weeks the resveratrol group showed a significant decrease in insulin sensitivity compared to the placebo group. The study authors explain that the results are likely due to the potent antioxidant action of resveratrol, as oxidative stress is a key contributor to the onset of insulin resistance.

Researchers concluded "The present study shows for the first time that resveratrol improves insulin sensitivity in humans, which might be due to a resveratrol-induced decrease in oxidative stress that leads to more efficient insulin signaling." To maximize the anti-diabetic health benefits of grape polyphenols, health-minded individuals will want to include organically grown red grapes in their diet or supplement with grape seed extract and resveratrol (10 to 25 mg daily).

Learn more: Resveratrol and grape seed polyphenols combine to prevent diabetes
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Resveratrol is soluble in ethanol at 50mg/mL. I don't see why one to two mLs of ethanol can't be injected IV (there's a little over 16mL in a beer). I imagine a slow push to prevent damage to the vein would work. Ethanol can be pushed through any slin pin. sterility wouldn't be an issue. It may be worth trying.

I generally use these message boards to learn new information and to pass on my own experience, I have found that trying to change minds is not only difficult, but not of any benefit to myself.
If resveratrol does not work for you, I am sorry to hear that. I am enjoying the benefits of it tremendously and would like others to as well.
The forum that I did all of my resveratrol research on has endless studies about it, I just went there and grabbed the first few I saw. If you really are curious about it, google resveratrol or go to pubmed.
It would take me hours to post all the studies that forum has about the benefits of resveratrol, and to be honest with you, the time and effort to do that is not worth it for me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

PLoS One. 2011;6(11):e27081. Epub 2011 Nov 1.

Activation of Sirt1 by resveratrol inhibits TNF-α induced inflammation in fibroblasts.

Zhu X, Liu Q, Wang M, Liang M, Yang X, Xu X, Zou H, Qiu J.
Source

Division of Rheumatology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai, China.

Abstract

Inflammation is one of main mechanisms of autoimmune disorders and a common feature of most diseases. Appropriate suppression of inflammation is a key resolution to treat the diseases. Sirtuin1 (Sirt1) has been shown to play a role in regulation of inflammation. Resveratrol, a potent Sirt1 activator, has anti-inflammation property. However, the detailed mechanism is not fully understood. In this study, we investigated the anti-inflammation role of Sirt1 in NIH/3T3 fibroblast cell line. Upregulation of matrix metalloproteinases 9 (MMP-9), interleukin-1beta (IL-1β), IL-6 and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) were induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) in 3T3 cells and resveratrol suppressed overexpression of these pro-inflammatory molecules in a dose-dependent manner. Knockdown of Sirt1 by RNA interference caused 3T3 cells susceptible to TNF-α stimulation and diminished anti-inflammatory effect of resveratrol. We also explored potential anti-inflammatory mechanisms of resveratrol. Resveratrol reduced NF-κB subunit RelA/p65 acetylation, which is notably Sirt1 dependent. Resveratrol also attenuated phosphorylation of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) and S6 ribosomal protein (S6RP) while ameliorating inflammation. Our data demonstrate that resveratrol inhibits TNF-α-induced inflammation via Sirt1. It suggests that Sirt1 is an efficient target for regulation of inflammation. This study provides insight on treatment of inflammation-related diseases.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
atherosclerosis :Resveratrol inhibits TNF-alpha-induced proliferation and matrix metalloproteinase expression in human vascular smooth muscle cells. Resveratrol inhibits TNF-alpha-induced proliferation ... [J Nutr. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

-neurodegenerative diseases:Resveratrol inhibits nitric oxide and TNF-α production by lipopolysaccharide-activated microglia ScienceDirect.com - International Immunopharmacology - Resveratrol inhibits nitric oxide and TNF-? production by lipopolysaccharide-activated microglia

-coronary artery disease/atherogenesis:Resveratrol attenuates TNF-α-induced activation of coronary arterial endothelial cells: role of NF-κB inhibition Resveratrol attenuates TNF-

-interesting:Anti-inflammatory effect of resveratrol on TNF-a-induced
MCP-1 expression in adipocytes(Further analysis showed that resveratrol inhibited DNA binding activity
of the NF-jB complex and subsequently suppressed NF-jB transcriptional activity in TNF-a-stimulated cells):http://www.cmdrchina.org/UploadFile/2010619163748169.pdf

-Resveratrol Improves Endothelial Function
Role of TNFα and VascularOxidativeStress:
Resveratrol Improves Endothelial Function
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

NaturalNews) Researchers publishing the results of two independent studies in the British Journal of Nutrition have demonstrated that polyphenol antioxidants found naturally in red grapes can prevent the buildup of fat in muscle tissue that is a precursor to metabolic disorder and diabetes. Resveratrol and grape seed extracts influence how the body responds to insulin, the hormone that controls critical mechanisms of dietary sugar and fat metabolism. The grape-derived compounds have been shown to improve cardiovascular and Alzheimer`s disease risk factors in the past. Information gleaned from these studies explains how daily consumption of the fresh fruit can be invaluable as it prevents muscular fat accumulation leading to metabolic instability and diabetes.

Detailing the result of research performed at the University of Montpellier in France, scientists found that subjects fed a diet high in fat and sugar experienced a lower accumulation of fat in muscle tissue when supplemented with a concentrated extract of red grape polyphenols. Diets high in oxidized saturated fats are known to disrupt the normal function of insulin leading to insulin resistance and diabetes. By limiting the effect of fats on cell membranes, the grape extract was found to provide a significant level of protection against the disease.

In a separate body of research, scientists determined that a 10 mg daily dose of resveratrol was associated with lowered insulin resistance in Type-II diabetics. Resveratrol is a powerful protective anti-fungal compound found in the skin of red grapes. Known to activate a longevity signaling gene (SIRT-1), resveratrol has been shown to extend lifespan by lowering the risks associated with systemic inflammation. The polyphenol may help to prevent cancer development, cardiovascular disease and dementia, and it is now shown to impede the development of diabetes by regulating insulin sensitivity.

Researchers formed two groups of participants and randomly supplemented their diet with resveratrol (5 mg twice a day) or a placebo. After four weeks the resveratrol group showed a significant decrease in insulin sensitivity compared to the placebo group. The study authors explain that the results are likely due to the potent antioxidant action of resveratrol, as oxidative stress is a key contributor to the onset of insulin resistance.

Researchers concluded "The present study shows for the first time that resveratrol improves insulin sensitivity in humans, which might be due to a resveratrol-induced decrease in oxidative stress that leads to more efficient insulin signaling." To maximize the anti-diabetic health benefits of grape polyphenols, health-minded individuals will want to include organically grown red grapes in their diet or supplement with grape seed extract and resveratrol (10 to 25 mg daily).

Learn more: Resveratrol and grape seed polyphenols combine to prevent diabetes
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you realize that type II diabetics do not represent the normal person. They usually have abnormally high FFA levels in the blood, which causes insulin resistance. From the study, it only shows that Reservatrol improved their condition, but it doesn't really say by how much.

I also hope you realize that you're talking about seeing an improvement on people who are deficient when it comes to insulin and its effects on muscle/fat cells. As to whether or not it actually works the same way on normal healthy people, you have no idea.

The other studies are essentially footnotes because they are done in vitro.

If this is honestly your "proof", I think you need to go back and re-visit your critical thinking skills because these studies paint a picture that is very far from a slam dunk (unless you happen to be a type II diabetic)

I hope you realize that type II diabetics do not represent the normal person. They usually have abnormally high FFA levels in the blood, which causes insulin resistance. From the study, it only shows that Reservatrol improved their condition, but it doesn't really say by how much.

I also hope you realize that you're talking about seeing an improvement on people who are deficient when it comes to insulin and its effects on muscle/fat cells. As to whether or not it actually works the same way on normal healthy people, you have no idea.

The other studies are essentially footnotes because they are done in vitro.

If this is honestly your "proof", I think you need to go back and re-visit your critical thinking skills because these studies paint a picture that is very far from a slam dunk (unless you happen to be a type II diabetic)

Resveratrol's effects on Sirt1 is what the studies are about. Diabetic or not, activation of Sirt1 is where much of the magic comes from.

There is an entire forum dedicated to the use of these products with plenty of studies supporting it and real people (like myself) getting real results.
I'll stay at that forum when it comes to discussion of these type of products.

I just checked your '19 post history' and they are all either flames or one line 'know it all' comments. No one likes posters like you.

Don't use resveratrol, its not for you.

Last edited:
He's actually still around?

Yes, and if his board wasn't private, I would LOVE to see what would happen if you went over there and posted that resveratrol was bunk.
Would be extremely entertaining to say the least.

Resveratrol's effects on Sirt1 is what the studies are about. Diabetic or not, activation of Sirt1 is where much of the magic comes from.

There is an entire forum dedicated to the use of these products with plenty of studies supporting it and real people (like myself) getting real results.
I'll stay at that forum when it comes to discussion of these type of products.

I just checked your '19 post history' and they are all either flames or one line 'know it all' comments. No one likes posters like you.

Don't use resveratrol, its not for you.

thanks to you and some others for the great info, bro ..also thought I remembered reading somewhere that curcumin made into tea was more bioavailable or increased/released more of it's benefits?? ..but I'm not sure

TeamLifeResearch are in the another board that is extremely private and still going.

Yes, and if his board wasn't private, I would LOVE to see what would happen if you went over there and posted that resveratrol was bunk.

i dunno if this was said but black pepper is supposed to help the body absorb curcumin. i usually spirinkle both on my eggs

He could go over and debate this with Patrick Arnold.
I'm sure this lad would say "Patrick is looking at the profit rather than any health benefits"

Although Patrick uses his R-Spray because it doesn't work :rolleyes:

**broken link removed** The only place I could find an inject-able.

Positives and at least this as a negative. Homocysteine bad mojo, heart attacks.
Not that I'm against rest, just keeping it real.

Resveratrol supplementation worsen the dys... [Food Chem Toxicol. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Hyperhomocysteinemia is characterized by an increase of plasma homocysteine, a thiol-containing amino acid produced during methionine metabolism. Hyperhomocysteinemia has often been associated with coronary artery disease, vascular thrombosis and the development of premature atherosclerosis. We have recently demonstrated that the supplementation of catechin, a polyphenol found in the red wine, significantly reduced plasma homocysteine level in cystathionine beta synthase (CBS) deficient mice, a murine model of hyperhomocysteinemia. In the present study, we have investigated the influence of another well-studied polyphenol found in red wine, resveratrol, on hyperhomocysteinemia. After two months on high methionine diet, heterozygous Cbs deficient mice were administrated the resveratrol in drinking water (0.001%) for one month. High methionine diet significantly increased serum homocysteine levels, and decreased the serum activity of HDL-associated enzyme paraoxonase-1. Chronic administration of resveratrol significantly increased plasma homocysteine level, which was associated with a decreased serum paraoxonase-1 activity, in hyperhomocysteinemic mice. Then we looked at gene expression of several proteins involved in HDL stability and found a down-regulation of lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase. In conclusion, we found a deleterious effect of resveratrol onto homocysteine and HDL metabolism in a murine model of hyperhomocysteinemia.

Will Resveratrol Let You Live Forever? | Singularity Hub

Last edited:
Although if your supplementing B12 or synthelamin that should be handling the homocysteine

**broken link removed** The only place I could find an inject-able.

They use DMSO as a carrier. Resveratrol is only soluble at a rate of 16mg/mL in DMSO. That makes for a lot of DMSO in a muscle to get a little reveratrol.

I wonder how a micronized suspension would work? Just like test or winny suspension? Who wants to try their homebrew skills?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws