over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

William Bonac Taking Measures For Inflamed Kidneys

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I think he mentioned it was just for precontest. Not making a judgement one way or the other here. But this was clearly a decision he made to get on stage at all.

He might go about differently in the future.

“he’s not able to take the drug because it would interact negatively with his current cycle.”

Clearly we all have our priorities. Not judging.

If Kidney health is a priority, limiting androgen use altogether is the way to go

Even if BP is controlled. There's direct and indirect effects of it on the glomeruli.

Not sure I understand what the article was saying. How does he know that he has kidney inflammation; blood work doesn't tell you that? And what is the cause of the so-called inflammation? Without that info, how do you even know what to do to rectify. I don't know if he realizes that he is potentially playing with fire! Certain types of damage to the kidneys cannot be undone.

Not sure I understand what the article was saying. How does he know that he has kidney inflammation; blood work doesn't tell you that? And what is the cause of the so-called inflammation? Without that info, how do you even know what to do to rectify. I don't know if he realizes that he is potentially playing with fire! Certain types of damage to the kidneys cannot be undone.

Would an ultrasound not show it?

Would an ultrasound not show it?
Ultrasound would most likely be the initial starting point. From there, if necessary they could do a CT scan or even a biopsy if warranted.

Sounds like he’s looking for sympathy and a reason for a bad placing if it happens.

Just take some self accountability and don't compete

I understand what is involved in Pro body building and the risks, but no trophy or title is worth your health or life.

If Kidney health is a priority, limiting androgen use altogether is the way to go

Even if BP is controlled. There's direct and indirect effects of it on the glomeruli.
I'd always thought it was the BP spike? Are there AAS that are more or less damaging? I've heard var is particularly hard on kidneys.

I am with you I am not sure what this article is saying or why it was even written.

Hopefully the drying out last couple days doesn’t affect his health any worse. He’s a great competitor, with a amazing physique and hope all goes well.

At some point you have to ask (without being derogatory or mean spirited) is it a mental illness or are these guys trying to commit suicide.

why is it that people here are so harpy and negative about this?
if you dont like it, dont do it.
plenty of people who are not into bodybuilding make bad health decsions or do things knowing that there could be serious consiquences.

its not suicide its just there thing.
we all end the same.

why is it that people here are so harpy and negative about this?
if you dont like it, dont do it.
plenty of people who are not into bodybuilding make bad health decsions or do things knowing that there could be serious consiquences.

its not suicide its just there thing.
we all end the same.
I agree. I used to drink red bull
At work and when i had one in my hand this co-worker said thats going to kill
You while
He was smoking a cigarette at break.🤷

I'd always thought it was the BP spike? Are there AAS that are more or less damaging? I've heard var is particularly hard on kidneys.
It's not. The drug is metaboized primarily by the kidneys and to a lesser extent by the liver, but this means not higher nephrotoxicity.

Another one of Leo’s clients

I think you are doing 1+1=3 with this statement. Granted playing doctor on yourself especially with serious health issues is not a smart move. Yes Leo recommended a diabetic medication to Bostin and it's possible it could cause some kidney damage but this is not the reason why Bostin had kidney failure. Bostin abused himself for years and many of his friends (Leo included) tried to get him to stop doing his crazy experiments but he was addicted to it and even after knowing the damage he caused to himself he carried on doing the same things.

Bonac has had these issues for years and he has been taking a lot of drugs and has been packed full of muscle for many years. He was attracted to Leo because he was having these health issues. No one is to blame at all but I think his drug protocol and the fact he put all his muscle back on under his new coach (not blaming Chad at all) would be more reason why his kidneys are worse now. If he continues to compete and push the drugs (long after Leo's death) I am sure his kidneys will worsen even more.

Too many guys blame others when it's common sense if your kidneys are worsening if you carry on doing what damaged your kidneys in the 1st place you only have yourself to blame. Some people are also just unlucky with things but make no mistake most of these bodybuilders with kidney issues in their 30's-40's have pushed drugs heavily for years, had elevated blood pressure for years, never come off drugs and ignored warning signs... often until it's too late. Bonac knows he has an issue now so what he does over the next few years is very important to his future health and longetivity.

I agree with the different schools of thought by @pesty4077, @muscle96ss and @LK3. That said, I'd like to know more about the situation and the depth of the situation. I'm curious by nature. He needs to take a few things into consideration...

- He just placed 9th which to me, shows the writing is on the wall regarding his future in the sport.
- He's 40 and will be 41 in a few months. Couple that with the above and it's pretty obvious his best days in the sport are behind him.

He may love competing but with the current situation and the facts above he needs to have a moment of clarity and let common sense guide him!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear