over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Digesting liquid pasturized egg whites

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I havent been up on my research on this and am feeling lazy lol

what is the verdict on digesting liquid pasturized whites? i seem to always have bad gas (digestive issue?) from it....

Yes you can eat raw eggs/whites, but the whole eggs or carton eggs must be pasteurized (it will say so on the carton). Pasteurization is when they heat the egg/egg product enough to kill all the bacteria (including salmonella) and the protein digestion inhibitors (usually126-140 degrees). If you eat non-pasteurized eggs/egg products your body cannot utilize the protein in them due to the presence of a protein inhibitor. And while you may get salmonella from raw eggs/egg product the chances are 1 in 10,000 for regular eggs and 1 in 30,000 for free range eggs.

Avidin is a glycoprotein, which is found in raw egg whites, and blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 and Vitamin H (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency (it binds to Biotin and iron making them unavailable). You must cook/pasteurize the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its amino acids. Cooking egg whites at high temperatures denatures some of the amino acids which makes the proteins slightly less effective (slower digesting). A soft boiled or poached egg (at 70% albumin coagulation) is digested much easier as opposed to a fried or hard boiled egg. 2 soft boiled/poached eggs spend less than 2 hours in the stomach being digested, where 2 fried/hard boiled eggs spend over 3 hours in the stomach. Although fried/hard cooked eggs are digested just as completely as soft cooked eggs, it just takes longer for them to be completely digested and assimilated.

An egg white is about 10% protein and 90% water. It’s the proteins that cause the egg white to solidify when you cook it. Egg white proteins are long chains of amino acids. In a raw egg, these proteins are curled and folded to form a compact ball. Weak bonds between amino acids hold the proteins in this shape—until you turn up the heat. When heated, the weak bonds break and the protein unfolds. Then its amino acids form weak bonds with the amino acids of other proteins, a process called coagulation. The resulting network of proteins captures water, making a soft, digestible gel.

If you keep the heat turned up too high or too long when you cook an egg, the proteins in the egg white form more and more bonds, squeezing some of the water out of the protein network and making the egg white rubbery and increasing their digestion time.

So, basically the most bioavailable and readily assimilated egg proteins are either pasteurized raw eggs/egg products or soft cooked/poached eggs that have not reached 160 degrees at which point the proteins become coagulated/denatured and take longer to be completely digested and assimilated. I hope this helps clear up some questions .

If you want to save some money you can do this at home.It is possible to pasteurize eggs at home - and easily, too! Pasteurization is simply a process of heating a food to a specific temperature for a specific amount of time - designed to kill specific bacteria. It is known that salmonella bacteria are killed at temperatures of 140 degrees in about 3 1/2 minutes (or a higher temperature in less time). If a room temperature egg is held in a bowl of warm water - say, 142 degrees to be safe - for 3 1/2 minutes, the bacteria will be killed and the protein inhibitor neutralized. It takes 5 minutes for extra large or jumbo eggs.

Place the room temperature eggs in a colander, and lower them into a pan or bowl of 142-degree water. Use an instant-read thermometer to be sure of the water temperature, and leave the thermometer in the water, to be sure that the temoerature is maintained. For medium or large eggs, leave them in the water for 3 1/2 minutes; for extra large or jumbo eggs, allow 5 minutes. Then remove the eggs, dry them, and refrigerate them, in a tightly-covered container.

Eggs begin to cook at about 160 degrees, and will be "scrambled eggs" at 180 - but if the 142 degree temperature is maintained, the result is a safe egg that will act like a raw egg in recipes and will provide a fully usable protein source.

fuckin awesome response thanks!

Switched from 1 carton egg whites to 6 hard boiled eggs. Great results now with eggs. I really think variety helps

The Egg whites has to be below 5 degree's. Room temperature eggs are high risk in the shopping center shelves.

I don't recommend eating raw eggs whites cuz of salmonella even in room temperature.

Last edited:
The Egg whites has to be below 5 degree's. Room temperature eggs are high risk in the shopping center shelves.

I don't recommend eating raw eggs whites cuz of salmonella even in room temperature.

Pasteurized is not raw

I drink 2 cups of pasteurized egg white every morning. Blend it in my vitamix with half a cup of oats, a banana, and some frozen fruit. Haven't ever had any gas or digestion issues.

Pasteurized is not raw

Pasteurization is not intended to kill all micro-organisms in the food. It's only done to reduce the number of pathogens so they are less likely to cause disease, as long as the pasteurized product is stored as it should be and is used buy its expiration date. The USDA says, "All egg products sold in the USA must be pasteurized due to the risk of food-borne illnesses. The U.S. Department of Agriculture does not allow any egg products to be sold without going through the process of pasteurization. They also do not recommend eating shell eggs that are raw or undercooked due to the possibility that Salmonella bacteria may be present." A pasteurized egg is still considered raw, and there is a government warning on every carton of eggs and liquid egg whites that says to cook thoroughly before eating.

I have the equivalent of 10 egg whites pasteurized and 1 whole egg cooked lightly as one huge fried egg in coconut oil EVERY morning...never any bloating issues...infact quite the opposite as often hungry in under 2 hours and thats despite having a sprinkle of fruit and fibre on top...yeh yeh i know...but it is a breakfast...Its the texture in eating it like this for me as i love the crunch of the fruit and fibre mix.

Cook your eggs. The whites go through a process known as denaturation, which changes the amino acid structure and will increase bioavailablity significantly.

Protein from a cooked egg is absorbed at a rate of 91 percent, while raw egg protein is absorbed at a rate of 50 percent over a 24-hour period. Apparently, the denaturing of the protein resulted in the higher rate of protein

Chris Aceto said, 'would you eat your chicken breasts raw? Why would you then eat raw egg whites?' Farah also says not to drink raw egg whites because of the bad absorption and obvious health risks. If nutritionists to Mr/Miss Olympias don't advise it who the fuck are we to think we know better.

Some liquid egg white products can have the avidin (which causes a blockage in the absorption of vitamin B6) removed during the pasturization process, but this is not normally the case. Besides that, about half the protein is not absorbed when eaten raw.

Does Phil Heath drink his Lana's egg whites? No You would think that guys who eat 8000+ calories a day would welcome any shortcut to getting the food in more easily.

Chris Aceto said, 'would you eat your chicken breasts raw? Why would you then eat raw egg whites?' Farah also says not to drink raw egg whites because of the bad absorption and obvious health risks. If nutritionists to Mr/Miss Olympias don't advise it who the fuck are we to think we know better.

Some liquid egg white products can have the avidin (which causes a blockage in the absorption of vitamin B6) removed during the pasturization process, but this is not normally the case. Besides that, about half the protein is not absorbed when eaten raw.

Does Phil Heath drink his Lana's egg whites? No You would think that guys who eat 8000+ calories a day would welcome any shortcut to getting the food in more easily.

Great post!
Eating a ton of raw egg whites will most likley result in biotin deficiency, not fun, if anything take the yolk and eat that raw, cook the rest.

I tried drinking those pasteurized egg Whites. I ended up with stomach pains I coulnd't sleep for the whole fucking night.
I hate them

Pasteurization is not intended to kill all micro-organisms in the food. It's only done to reduce the number of pathogens so they are less likely to cause disease, as long as the pasteurized product is stored as it should be and is used buy its expiration date. The USDA says, "All egg products sold in the USA must be pasteurized due to the risk of food-borne illnesses. The U.S. Department of Agriculture does not allow any egg products to be sold without going through the process of pasteurization. They also do not recommend eating shell eggs that are raw or undercooked due to the possibility that Salmonella bacteria may be present." A pasteurized egg is still considered raw, and there is a government warning on every carton of eggs and liquid egg whites that says to cook thoroughly before eating.

You are mistaken. I have a carton of crystal Farms all whites 100% liquid egg whites sitting in front of me and no wher on here is the uncle sugar disclaimer you say is on it. In fact it says USDA inspected and says it is heated during the pasteurization process. Ive never seen the warning you claim on any pasteurized whites from Wal-Mart either. I usually drink 1-2 16 oz cartons a day.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!
NapsGear