over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

APPLE vs The FBI

normagene

Registered
What's your opinion on Apple's stance of Not opening an iPhone, even under a court order, because of their stand on the rights to privacy?

Lots of controversy here. Some for Apple, some folks for the government. I can definitely see points on both sides. If Apple opens this door (creates a back door or key) it will only be a matter of time before the crooks are able to get into everyone's phones.

Then again, same for the government, once they can get in they will undoubtedly be sneaking into anyones phone they want, with or without a warrant.

Some will say "well if you got nothing to hide then what's the big deal" as others will say "what's on my phone is None of their business".

So how do you feel about it?

I personally think Apple customers should have an "opt out" option. By that I mean, if a court order is directed to open my phone, (and all/any phones on my plan) by opting out of the privacy concerns, I am authorizing Apple to open my phone per court order.

Why would I choose such an option? Well for example let's say my gullible 14 year old daughter is communicating with what she believes is a 16 year old boy (who has set up a fake profile) and he has swept her off her feet, so she goes to meet up with him only to end up abducted by a 30 year old pervert.

First thing he does is toss her phone out the window. If the FBI were able to open the phone it could possibly contain evidence/leads to the pervert.

Now I'm certain there are plenty of people whom have much to hide so they in no way would want their phone to ever be opened under any circumstances.

But protecting your phone/privacy protects everyone's phone including the terrorist in this case. All their connections and communications are in that phone. A digital trail of their like minded co-conspirators.

So where do you stand?

I side with Apple! And I don't even like them or their products. I see this as a clear violation of 4th Amendment rights and our ever over-reaching Gov needs to be kept in their place.

People will always try to justify it by saying "what if" and taking advantage of your fears and emotions. Our rights are eroding piece by piece, Apple should be proud of what they're doing.

you don't help the fbi. they already listen to us, hack into our stuff, steal text msgs, listen to calls when they feel like. they are the worst bully out there, don't help them. I am very happy apple is fighting back

It's BS on both sides. Apple could open it and it wouldn't risk anything, but they have gotten a reputation for not being very secure. So on their side this is marketing more than anything.

On the other side, there is no way that the government can't open that phone. They are trying to set a precident for future cases to be able to get to more secure data.

All BS.

how do u know they havent already got into the phone?
all this is just for show, letting apple look like they arent cooperatng. when, after all, they sure as fuck let the govnt into their products before. funny how fast people forget that.

you don't help the fbi. they already listen to us, hack into our stuff, steal text msgs, listen to calls when they feel like. they are the worst bully out there, don't help them. I am very happy apple is fighting back

well at least SOMEBODY remembers!!!!!!

the only terrorism is that of govts!

PERIOD

tell all these nosy fuckers to go away!!!!

and always remember....
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5fts7bj-so"]nwa fuck the police hq - YouTube[/ame]

recently watched a new hitler documentary and the amount of records and bull shit they had in the 40s was astounding... they have you entire life at there fingers now...

when we as a populous stop this govt ABUSE!

:confused:

EXACTLY, the government has access to everything you have sent, said, emailed, txtd already.

Even if Apple doesn't give the govt access, the govt will anyways. They have drones that can listen in to a convo from however many miles in the sky, you think an Iphone lock/encryption is hard for them to crack ?

PERIOD

and always remember....
nwa fuck the police hq - YouTube

recently watched a new hitler documentary and the amount of records and bull shit they had in the 40s was astounding... they have you entire life at there fingers now...

Exactly!! The largest gang in america

Looks like everyone so far is telling the govt Hell No, stay out of my business.

But what if it was your Immediate family. Say a murder, of your mom/dad/sis/bro/spouse/son or daughter etc...

And the possibilities of answers are in their phones, maybe even direct evidence to the murderer.

And Apple says "sorry, we can't help you, their privacy is our priority".
Do you still feel the same way when it's so close to home?

Here's another thought, why or how the hell does some asshole Dead Terrorist have privacy rights. The assholes are dead. Why do they have privacy rights. Nothing in their phone can effect them, they're Dead. So why can't whatever info is in there be released?

Mcaffee antivirus ceo offered to do it for free. At their lab of course and turn over all info to the govt. They have yet to accept their offer. Which means they want more than just the info off the phone but a means to use this method indefinately. Thats if you believe this whole charade in the first place and if you believe that dude they killed was actually guilty of what he was accused of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I side with Apple! And I don't even like them or their products. I see this as a clear violation of 4th Amendment rights and our ever over-reaching Gov needs to be kept in their place.

People will always try to justify it by saying "what if" and taking advantage of your fears and emotions. Our rights are eroding piece by piece, Apple should be proud of what they're doing.

:yeahthat:
The federal government needs to stay out of our private lives.
We are losing are freedom more and more each day..

The FBI already has all texts and ip addresses visited on that phone. Sometimes, a device can show a text or call that a tower or paper records missed. Doesn't happen a lot but can happen. This is an overreach by the FBI. Let's not forget, every time the FBI says its "just this one time," it becomes common practice. Within 1 month of the patriot act, they were searching American citizens/organized crime residents without warrants. These people had nothing to do with "terrorism." Let's say the shoe was on the other foot. Let's say you of I approached the FBI and said, "there's some information that would really help my client." They'd tell us to get lost. I'm with Apple on this one due to govt's abusing their power over and over again. All in the name of protecting children, terrorism, or whatever the boogy man of the week is

I don't understand how hard it is to have both. Have Apple build a back door that only they can decipher and control. Any time the government needs access with proof of subpoena, they send the phone over and Apple breaks in. Dunno, maybe this is not possible without opening things up to everybody but I'm sure there is a way with infinite resources.

If Apple builds a back door then every other tech company must follow suit. The actual phone access is irrelevant which is what people don't understand. The problem is if Apple complies, the FBI will now be able to get full access to every other electronic device with a court order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PERIOD

and always remember....
nwa fuck the police hq - YouTube

I had a friend who was a cop that competed in bodybuilding. I went to watch him at the Police Olympics Bodybuilding Show in Los Angeles. We tried to get him to pose to the song, "F@ck Da Police," by N.W.A. Hahaha :D

The DoJ are now pushing legal action to get 12 MORE phones unlocked by Apple that have NOTHING to do with terrorism. "One time deal" my ass.

Last edited:
the fbi are not our friends or anyone's friends. if apple gives them one little favor they will strong arm them every time for info. there is a reason why apple, google, facebook all agree not to give them info. these companies know what the fbi is about

Good for Apple for standing up the man and sticking with their morals

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner