advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet, training, and the basics ergo wise-stop eating and taking shit..

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What is the hardest thing to do in the bodybuilding lifestyle for you?
I can see by reading the boards the hardest thing is the nurtitional aspect and people being consistent with eating huge amounts of clean food. Yes it's expensive and time consuming to prepare but well worth it.

So many young guys jump on this eat shit, bulk, " a calorie is a calorie" nonsense that it ruins them.

Do you eat shit?
Seriously meaning food?
There has been a movement on these boards since I came on them with bulkers cutters and cheat meals and cheat days. I think the majority of young lifters think it's ok to cheat once a week or more because they are depeleted from normal training and diet-which in many cases I don't see it after they post their routinnes and diets.

While there are enough risks with abuse of AAS and et all from long term use eating shit has become the way of the lazy and uneducated to grow while using AAS.

Stuff like this posted does not help-
"This was Johnnie Jackson's off season diet published long back in one of the MuscleMag magazines.....

Meal 1 12 Donuts (6 glazed,6 choclate), bottle of sprite

Meal 2 McDonalds - Steak bagel meal, bottle of sprite

Meal 3 eggs, potatoes, pancakes

Meal 4 McDonalds - 2 quarter pounders with cheese, fries, 2 apple pies, sprite

Meal 5 McDonalds - 2 quarter pounders with cheese, fries, 2 apple pies, sprite

Meal 6 McDonalds - 2 quarter pounders with cheese, fries, 2 apple pies, sprite"

akkkkkkkkkk. :confused:

When trying to gain optimal mass people should be eating 4-5 solid meals a day and having 3-4 shakes a day of pretty clean food and not shitty fast food with preservatives and tons of other junk, diet sodas and the like.

You have to condition yourself to eat and eat a lot. I remember going out to eat with a buddy of mine after we worked out and he told me he ate his ass off. He ordered a steak and potato and a roast beef. Hell to warm up I ate 2 roast beefs and then a steak and then 2 baked potatos and then asked if I could eat his half of roast beef and steak and baked pot he was picking at on his plate that he couldn't finish. (Mind you these were real roast beef sandwhiches off the board walk in OC)
He said he got sick watching me eat all that food.

But it was good food, and the tricks you should learn and use over the years are to eat for function-eat your protein first, then carbs (if refeeding) then greens. You should eat protein carb veggie meals and protein fat veggie meals at all costs. Get the food in quick and then let it settle add in bromelain and digestive enzymes fiber and acidolphilis. Anything you can to keep your anabolic machine moving-food is the most important mix in all of this, with out suffecient quantity of calories and the right nutrients you will not grow optimally. Also get in a multivitamin in twice daily with adding in extra supplemental zinc vitamin D vitamin A Vitamin E and CA and MG and lots of Vitamin C.

Training: 99% of the people on these boards train harder than anyone else "in their opinion" and I have seen 100's of guys over the years in the gym train so hard their palms bleed. but they never got that much bigger, cause they didn't eat. Have you ever seen posts on people asking how they can train harder? Most of the time they are declaring how hardcore they are to us.

Consistency is key in training as well. like eating you need to be consistent in both your training intensity and rest periods as not to over do it. Training past failure in my opinion is the most unproductive way to train at times as any. training to failure briefly or just prior to failure is a sure way to continue gains, as long as one is consistent with diet and supps and rest periods (cycling).

Juicing/ergogens:
People make this the most complicated grail of grails. I have seen more questions about juice than any other thing over my decade plus of being on these boards. one type to bulk one type to cut one type of peptide for hyperplasia.
Nothing has changed anabolic wise in the last 30-40 years, if anything it has gotten worse because the legit pharm companies were shut down a long time ago and replaced by black market. Nothing we can do about that now.

You will see some of the most technically written posts by some of the smallest guys around (example Anthony Roberts) on juice use and receptors and this and that and it's a farce when all steroids do is simply increase nitrogen retention and the best AAS for quality muscle gains are and have always been test deca and dbol. Sure other things work like tren and eq and var and strol but the big three, or big two test and deca put more quality mass on than any other compounds.

A guy could gain like gangbusters just simply by taking a mix of the three and upping the amounts each week up and down vs a guy plotting his "all anabolic" cycle of var primo tren and even blood levels plotted in an excell spread sheet. I think most people over analyze these things it's incredible.

Insulin and GH have allowed the 250 lb barrier stage weight to be broken for some time now.
But unless you are genetically gifted you will end up getting very fat offa slin if it is abused, and end up with a very large waist when doing high doses of the peptides as well GH IGF-1.

Dump the junk and eat clean guys lower the doses and the risks...

This is the key right here, to get to 250-300 there are more than one training and drug regime, but unless you figure out how to eat to reach that bodyweight (metabolism, macros, amount of cals, amount of protein, food you can/can´t digest, speed that your body can build muscle...) and be consistent with it the necesary time you are going nowhere. Thanks Massive, your posts are golden as usual

Last edited:
I love it when people tell it the way it is. Thank you.

"This was Johnnie Jackson's off season diet published long back in one of the MuscleMag magazines.....

Was he sponsored by McDonalds:confused: How long ago was this? I've never seen, nor would I believe a muscle mag would print a diet like that. Unless the article was entitled: "Gain 30lbs of complete fat in 30 days!":D

I can see the importance of calories... but how the hell are supossed to help you gaining muscle to have 6 applepies, 12 donuts and 5 sprites a day??? Some people has truly amazing genetics

Great read man, thanks. That "Johnnie Jackson off season diet" makes me sick.

What is the hardest thing to do in the bodybuilding lifestyle for you?
I can see by reading the boards the hardest thing is the nurtitional aspect and people being consistent with eating huge amounts of clean food. Yes it's expensive and time consuming to prepare but well worth it.

So many young guys jump on this eat shit, bulk, " a calorie is a calorie" nonsense that it ruins them.

Do you eat shit?
Seriously meaning food?
There has been a movement on these boards since I came on them with bulkers cutters and cheat meals and cheat days. I think the majority of young lifters think it's ok to cheat once a week or more because they are depeleted from normal training and diet-which in many cases I don't see it after they post their routinnes and diets.

While there are enough risks with abuse of AAS and et all from long term use eating shit has become the way of the lazy and uneducated to grow while using AAS.

When trying to gain optimal mass people should be eating 4-5 solid meals a day and having 3-4 shakes a day of pretty clean food and not shitty fast food with preservatives and tons of other junk, diet sodas and the like.

You have to condition yourself to eat and eat a lot. I remember going out to eat with a buddy of mine after we worked out and he told me he ate his ass off. He ordered a steak and potato and a roast beef. Hell to warm up I ate 2 roast beefs and then a steak and then 2 baked potatos and then asked if I could eat his half of roast beef and steak and baked pot he was picking at on his plate that he couldn't finish. (Mind you these were real roast beef sandwhiches off the board walk in OC)
He said he got sick watching me eat all that food.

But it was good food, and the tricks you should learn and use over the years are to eat for function-eat your protein first, then carbs (if refeeding) then greens. You should eat protein carb veggie meals and protein fat veggie meals at all costs. Get the food in quick and then let it settle add in bromelain and digestive enzymes fiber and acidolphilis. Anything you can to keep your anabolic machine moving-food is the most important mix in all of this, with out suffecient quantity of calories and the right nutrients you will not grow optimally. Also get in a multivitamin in twice daily with adding in extra supplemental zinc vitamin D vitamin A Vitamin E and CA and MG and lots of Vitamin C.

Training: 99% of the people on these boards train harder than anyone else "in their opinion" and I have seen 100's of guys over the years in the gym train so hard their palms bleed. but they never got that much bigger, cause they didn't eat. Have you ever seen posts on people asking how they can train harder? Most of the time they are declaring how hardcore they are to us.

Consistency is key in training as well. like eating you need to be consistent in both your training intensity and rest periods as not to over do it. Training past failure in my opinion is the most unproductive way to train at times as any. training to failure briefly or just prior to failure is a sure way to continue gains, as long as one is consistent with diet and supps and rest periods (cycling).

Juicing/ergogens:
People make this the most complicated grail of grails. I have seen more questions about juice than any other thing over my decade plus of being on these boards. one type to bulk one type to cut one type of peptide for hyperplasia.
Nothing has changed anabolic wise in the last 30-40 years, if anything it has gotten worse because the legit pharm companies were shut down a long time ago and replaced by black market. Nothing we can do about that now.

You will see some of the most technically written posts by some of the smallest guys around (example Anthony Roberts) on juice use and receptors and this and that and it's a farce when all steroids do is simply increase nitrogen retention and the best AAS for quality muscle gains are and have always been test deca and dbol. Sure other things work like tren and eq and var and strol but the big three, or big two test and deca put more quality mass on than any other compounds.

A guy could gain like gangbusters just simply by taking a mix of the three and upping the amounts each week up and down vs a guy plotting his "all anabolic" cycle of var primo tren and even blood levels plotted in an excell spread sheet. I think most people over analyze these things it's incredible.

Insulin and GH have allowed the 250 lb barrier stage weight to be broken for some time now.
But unless you are genetically gifted you will end up getting very fat offa slin if it is abused, and end up with a very large waist when doing high doses of the peptides as well GH IGF-1.

Dump the junk and eat clean guys lower the doses and the risks...

This needs to be a sticky.

I've seen you post this before and it's just the truth. I'm jaded these days so I just keep to myself and rarely post anymore for the simple fact people are so misguided and refuse to listen. People put too much time and effort into looking for shortcuts. This isn't an easy endeavor which is why so few look good. It takes dedication and will power. I rarely see that anymore, if at all.

Great post Massive G, your posts help us all...Simplify things people! Training is the fun part or the given, eating is the tough part, especially when eating surplus amount of clean calories for quality gains. I just find ways to stay hungry in the offseason by keeping cardio in my plan, training with less sets, but higher frequency, sleep enough etc...Do you ever notice if you do have a cheat meal that you do not feel like eating again for a long period of time?? Well, when I do have a cheat meal (yes, a lot of pancakes are my favorite;), my appetite is killed, but when I feed my body plenty of clean calories I swear my hunger clock goes off a lot more throughout the day. But, you have to eat enough consistently which can be a problem for many, even me at times! Do your best to consistent and be patient, hopefully your body makes that turn for growth...more muscle, more food!

MG is one of the very few guys on the net that I've trusted getting info/advice from.

I've seen you post this before and it's just the truth. I'm jaded these days so I just keep to myself and rarely post anymore for the simple fact people are so misguided and refuse to listen. People put too much time and effort into looking for shortcuts. This isn't an easy endeavor which is why so few look good. It takes dedication and will power. I rarely see that anymore, if at all.

yup I posted this before almost 3 years ago on here:
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...dest-thing-do-bodybuilding-lifestyle-you.html

I wanted to get some fresh responses and perspectives and to show my views certainly haven't changed in the last years.

I am going to do this from time to time a fresh thread with content from a few years ago and add to it instead of bumping the original as it will make it easier for people to respond and read instead of navigating through 5 pages of 3 -4 year old responses...

Evidentually Johnnie Jackson didn't see the movie " Super Size Me"

Spot on AWN.

awesome

G,

Now this is an awesome post....these are the kind of posts that people should read and re-read...

TY G,
JM

What is a "clean" food? What is a "dirty" food? Someone define these terms please.

Some might say sugary foods are dirty, for example, and have no place in a serious bodybuilders regimen but then they go drink their dextrose/waxy maize/maltodextrin "empty calorie" drinks. :confused:

that is about 40 bucks a day at Micky D's does he own stock? thats over a grand amonth there. i spend less than that and i get to eat fish, turkey, beef,chicken and omega 3 eggs. lots of oats and quinoa and taters, and loads of veggies. how is he not dead!

well doughnuts are a bad food! i think any food laden with large amounts of sat fat with pounds of sugar mixed in are bad foods. really lately ive come to the thought that if you cant kill it pick it or dig it from the ground it is bad for you. the less time it has spent in the hands of humans the better.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws