over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rough year.

• Thread starter Deleted member 117187
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117187

So it's been a rough past year for me. After 5 years of lifting I reached 2 goals. In May 2014

1. to go from 135lb body weight to 200lbs. I topped out at 206.
2. To hit 300lbs on bench.
Back in May I was stoked I just reached my goals and now was working on settings Some new ones. Than I got blood poisoning. In 6 days I lost 20lbs. Shortly after recovering from that I was eating well and starting to get my strength back. Than hit with severe hip pain that's there 24/7 with pain killers. After 6 months of doctors visits and physical therapy finally found the problem. Hip dysplasia with worn out cartilage. Now it's on to reconstructive hip surgery. Peri acentubular osteotomy. I have been able to maintain from losing size but I'm still not where I was. It's just rough watching myself lose progress and knowing everyday that passes is another day wasted.
On the bright side while I have down days thinking of how lazy I feel not being able to go 100%. I do have and amazing 8 month old that has been a great joy and keeps me up and happy. So while I may be losing time now on the gym couldn't be better time to watch my little guy grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think many of us who have been training for any length of time have not ran into physical or personal problems that have set us back. It sucks but all we can do is try to keep our dedication and continue on instead of quitting.

Pour it all into that 8 month old. Yeah, that's a tough year. Last year was rough on me so I know the feeling. It does suck but life will go on and you have a lot to look forward to!

Be thankful for all that you do have and before you know it you be back at it again. That 8 month old is the most important.

Last edited:
Yeah he is the most important. Luckily Starting this week I'll able to start going to the gym during work hours. Which will make the transition back into the gym a lot easier cause I do love spending time with my son and now I know I won't be losing time with him. Since my surgery is in May I'll use the recovery time to build a home set up too. Maybe build a little PVC mini weight set so when he gets older he can "workout" with daddy.
I am so greatful for what I do have. It's just no fun knowing that right now the best thing to do is to get back in the gym as soon as possible is sit around and wait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take your time rehabbing. I have had a ton of soft tissue injuries and the ones that lingered are the ones that I rushed back way too quickly. Have been struggling with my elbows the past 2 years because of this. Good luck

No matter WHAT...know that your STILL blessed.
8 month old to call your very own.

It's funny I have an 8 month old boy as well, before he was born I was wondering how much my training would suffer having a newborn..
That thought went right out the window when he was born with a brain hemorrhage and had to have multiple surgeries and spent 6 weeks in the NICU.
Luckly all is well now and he is perfect, between my wife going back to work and me working full time my training has taken a back seat. Just recently I've been able to train 3 days week.
The hard times will pass bud and you'll be back on track and forget you even missed a beat. anyhow, staying home and playing with my boy is better than any workout I've had. I don't know about you, but I feel blessed the way it's all worked out. Stay positive.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear