over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Trouble adapting to fast-paced life

JKeller81

Newbies
In my early 30's and as far as I can remember I've always been a very lazy person... I mean, I could, and did, literally spend hours just laying down doing nothing and I never got bored.

I don't know if it was nature or nurture, probably both. Not to blame genetics but most of the people in my family are underachievers, not motivated, alcoholics etc. plus I also was never pushed to do much through my youth, I basically just watched tv all day.

What I find now is that I just can't adapt to the typical fast-paced lifestyle most people live..... I remember my dad would leave for work 1 1/2 hours early so he could sit in the car for about 30 minutes relaxing before work, my mom would sleep 10 hours per night then nap 2 hours every afternoon....and I literally see those same actions in myself.

Wake up, straight to gym, shower, straight to work, spend time with the girl, straight to sleep, repeat..... I've been forcing myself to do it for years but it's just so overwhelming and I feel really exhausted from it......here's the sad part, I only work about 30-35 hours a week, and even that is overwhelming to me.

I've been trying to fake it for years, thinking I would just adapt but I haven't. I find myself needing a LOT of rest and down time to myself, at least far more than my peers.... I don't know if something like an adaptogen would help any.

I read a quote the other day that said "Successful people do what unsuccessful people won't do"

I know how you feel though wake up work, gym, dinner, family time, and bed, samething everyday but with no spare time, I have just got use to it over the years.

I have a fast paced life also and I enjoy being successful at what I do, cause I look around me and see people only doing what it takes to get by, and I want to go above and beyond what it takes.

Last edited:
What do you do for work? Do you enjoy it?

I had many of the same sentiments when I was in an occupation I disliked. When I changed careers and found a passion all that changed.

This is really interesting. I find myself always wanting extra time to do things and take way longer doing routine things taking my sweet ass time. I too can just lay around at home for an entire weekend and not get bored , wtf is up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really have anything I'm passionate about to do career wise, but i've never really had any job I dreaded or even disliked. I actually get a lot of compliments on my great work ethic so I can definitely fake it.... but thats the problem, I'm faking it, and when you fake something it wears you out over time because you're always putting on an act.

I'm just a really slow-paced person like the lad above mentioned, I really like to take my time with everything. I also need a lot of sleep to feel good which sucks since most of my coworkers seem to get fine on 5-6 hours and i need 9-10.... that's a lot of wasted hours.

What i've noticed is really successful people tend to almost get some sort of "high" from being productive and accomplishing goals, non-successful people don't seem to get that high.... I know i don't.

Last edited:
I don't really have anything I'm passionate about to do career wise, but i've never really had any job I dreaded or even disliked. I actually get a lot of compliments on my great work ethic so I can definitely fake it.... but thats the problem, I'm faking it, and when you fake something it wears you out over time because you're always putting on an act.

I'm just a really slow-paced person like the lad above mentioned, I really like to take my time with everything. I also need a lot of sleep to feel good which sucks since most of my coworkers seem to get fine on 5-6 hours and i need 9-10.... that's a lot of wasted hours.

What i've noticed is really successful people tend to almost get some sort of "high" from being productive and accomplishing goals, non-successful people don't seem to get that high.... I know i don't.

Some jobs are paced at what you want, use your imagination. I probably work 4 to 5 hours average a day at the most.

It's good to achieve. It makes you feel good and gives you self-confidence. A fast-paced life is not for everyone. I'm completely like you in every way. I need 9-10 hours sleep, even with a nap during the day. You're just a low-energy person. We have the 40-50hr work week driven into our heads but why? What if you could fulfill all your responsibilities working 20? I know guys that do construction in the summers and make so much bank that they can take off all winter. Some ride motorcycles across the country. Some just lift and enjoy food and entertainment because they made 100k in 3 months and don't need any more than that to live.

It's probably some 50/50 genetic and learned behavior but so what? Magazines and television advertise a lifestyle of millionaire, partying, two girls in lingerie, a fantastic build, while living on the beach. I laughed when Charlie Sheen finally achieved the lifestyle that the media was and is selling and when he did, then they hated him for it! How ridiculous is that?

Look, do your thing and if you have a general sense of fulfillment and your bills are paid, if that's enough for you then fuck the all rest. What do you want? To be the richest man in the graveyard?

Enjoy your life. Because you may only be 30 now but that didn't take long did it? You're going to blink and then you'll be 40, then 50, etc. I say enjoy your life and try to not have any regrets haunting you. You don't want to be 70 saying, "I so wish I could go back and do that."

But you do what works for you and it will work for you, get it?

My problem is that I'm busier than what I want to be because I love to do certain things and their is a limited amount of hours in a day. I tell you when I get a few weeks off now and again, I just lay around the house like a filthy slob. My idea of a vacation isn't packing up the car, dressing up the girls, booking a flight, driving to long-term parking, waiting for the limo, waiting at the terminal, getting a rental car, driving to my destination, checking in at where I'm staying, THEN DOING THE VACATION ITSELF! I come home from those vacations more tired than when I left. Sure, it's great for the girls but sometimes, fuck it. I'm being a bum and that's all I'm doing.

A side benefit of bumming for a week is when you finally hit the gym you just have ridiculous hulk strength because you never know how tired you really are until you are really fully rested. And life can be exhausting.

Last edited:
In my early 30's and as far as I can remember I've always been a very lazy person... I mean, I could, and did, literally spend hours just laying down doing nothing and I never got bored.

I don't know if it was nature or nurture, probably both. Not to blame genetics but most of the people in my family are underachievers, not motivated, alcoholics etc. plus I also was never pushed to do much through my youth, I basically just watched tv all day.

What I find now is that I just can't adapt to the typical fast-paced lifestyle most people live..... I remember my dad would leave for work 1 1/2 hours early so he could sit in the car for about 30 minutes relaxing before work, my mom would sleep 10 hours per night then nap 2 hours every afternoon....and I literally see those same actions in myself.

Wake up, straight to gym, shower, straight to work, spend time with the girl, straight to sleep, repeat..... I've been forcing myself to do it for years but it's just so overwhelming and I feel really exhausted from it......here's the sad part, I only work about 30-35 hours a week, and even that is overwhelming to me.

I've been trying to fake it for years, thinking I would just adapt but I haven't. I find myself needing a LOT of rest and down time to myself, at least far more than my peers.... I don't know if something like an adaptogen would help any.

I am a lot like that, I did spend many years where my average work week was 50 plus hours, 1 year ago I started working 2 days a week and it was one of the best decisions I made, I will never go back to full time work, but I am older than you and it took me a little while to position myself financially for that, I now have a lot of family time and I feel blessed to have it.

It's good to achieve. It makes you feel good and gives you self-confidence. A fast-paced life is not for everyone. I'm completely like you in every way. I need 9-10 hours sleep, even with a nap during the day. You're just a low-energy person. We have the 40-50hr work week driven into our heads but why? What if you could fulfill all your responsibilities working 20? I know guys that do construction in the summers and make so much bank that they can take off all winter. Some ride motorcycles across the country. Some just lift and enjoy food and entertainment because they made 100k in 3 months and don't need any more than that to live.

It's probably some 50/50 genetic and learned behavior but so what? Magazines and television advertise a lifestyle of millionaire, partying, two girls in lingerie, a fantastic build, while living on the beach. I laughed when Charlie Sheen finally achieved the lifestyle that the media was and is selling and when he did, then they hated him for it! How ridiculous is that?

Look, do your thing and if you have a general sense of fulfillment and your bills are paid, if that's enough for you then fuck the all rest. What do you want? To be the richest man in the graveyard?

Enjoy your life. Because you may only be 30 now but that didn't take long did it? You're going to blink and then you'll be 40, then 50, etc. I say enjoy your life and try to not have any regrets haunting you. You don't want to be 70 saying, "I so wish I could go back and do that."

But you do what works for you and it will work for you, get it?

My problem is that I'm busier than what I want to be because I love to do certain things and their is a limited amount of hours in a day. I tell you when I get a few weeks off now and again, I just lay around the house like a filthy slob. My idea of a vacation isn't packing up the car, dressing up the girls, booking a flight, driving to long-term parking, waiting for the limo, waiting at the terminal, getting a rental car, driving to my destination, checking in at where I'm staying, THEN DOING THE VACATION ITSELF! I come home from those vacations more tired than when I left. Sure, it's great for the girls but sometimes, fuck it. I'm being a bum and that's all I'm doing.

A side benefit of bumming for a week is when you finally hit the gym you just have ridiculous hulk strength because you never know how tired you really are until you are really fully rested. And life can be exhausting.

Thank you for justifying what's in my nature.
We took a vacation to the northeast last year for 2 weeks and by the time we got back I was fucking exhausted and then I had to go back to work immediately. No rest. No relaxation. My wife and kids are going away for a week next month and the main thing I'm looking forward to? Sleeping and doing nothing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws