YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GF talks to ex a lot ... red flag or being an asshole?

anarchocapitalist

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I'm a divorced dad. Three kids. My ex is crazy and I do everything I can to remove her from my life. The only time I talk to my ex-wife is when I pick up the children I say a hello and about once a week we email to inform each other about the children or schedule changes etc.

My new girlfriend has been separated from her ex-husband now for two years. They talk almost every other day. Now ITS NOT about their relationship, how their day was, etc. They have a little girl. Its always about her or they are still dividing their assets etc.

I'm trying not to be an asshole. I am glad they have a great co-parenting relationship. Again they don't talk about history, relationships, etc. But its starting to get a little annoying when we are watching a movie friday night getting a little frisky and the phone rings and its her ex asking a dumbass question like if their little girl can take cough medication after brushing her teeth.

One night he called her five times and I just walked out the door.

I'm trying to be reasonable but its starting to get on my nerves. I know she is done her relationship with him but they are still tethered in many ways because they haven't sold their house etc. So Friday night I'll be trying to fuck her brains out and he calls at like 10pm cause they have a showing tomorrow.

Again its not about their relationship ... but they can have almost 10-15 convos per week.

That doesn't sound right, IMO. She should only be talking to him when she picks up kids and drops them off. He is a grown man and should know how to take care of kids, he doesn't need to be communicating with her over everything. If I were you, I have a serious talk about that with her, but be nice. Tell her it bothers you. If she keeps doing it, then you have your answer.

HUGE red flag....!!!!

hes cock blocking you.....knows it bothers you:lightbulb:

Big time red flag man, in my opinion you should not continue a friendship with somebody whom you dated for a long time, were married to or who you have slept with if you are with another person.... It just isn't right in my opinion... I agree with Pesty, have a talk with her about it. Just be honest tell her it bothers you and you aren't comfortable with it... If it has to do with the house then I get a quick conversation or whatever, or about when to pick up kids and all that.... I've been with my wife for 6 years now, been through so much shit and hell just from growing and honestly because I fucked up a couple years ago... I can attest to the keeping moral lines in place and keeping things 100% platonic between opposite sex.... She shouldn't talk or confide in him about his day.... I mean who gives a fuck about how his day is, its her ex..... Hopefully she can respect your feelings and drop all the excessive talking with him... But if not you need to move on because she hasn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Professional Muscle mobile app

Thanks guys. She is actually an amazing woman and loves my kids a lot. Almost the perfect girlfriend.

Just this one thing fucking bugs me. I know she is over her ex-husband. He was an abusive alcoholic. I have no concerns about her going back to him or them talking inappropriately towards each other.

Like I said the convo is STRICTLY about their daughter or them parting ways such as the sale of their house etc. They ARE NOT talking about their past or talking about their day etc.

But they can talk every other day. She is an open book about it. She isn't hiding on her phone etc.

On one hand I feel like an ass because I don't want get between two great co-parents while mine is shittty. I mean what am I going to say ... hey babe can you talk about your daughter less? Can you two stop co-parenting so well?

On the other hand as a slightly possessive alpha male type I feel like she is still tethered to her ex-husband. Even if she didn't answer the phone when he calls or whatever ... what man wants to be with a woman who has to have constant contact with her ex?

Last edited:
I think you should have a conversation about it with her.
If your feelings are important to her she will establish some boundaries with him and turn her phone off etc.
If she doesn't respond that way there may be other issues. To me I feel it's more about her then him.
It's hard to be married to someone and raise a family together and then just cut them off entirely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. She is actually an amazing woman and loves my kids a lot. Almost the perfect girlfriend.

Just this one thing fucking bugs me. I know she is over her ex-husband. He was an abusive alcoholic. I have no concerns about her going back to him or them talking inappropriately towards each other.

Like I said the convo is STRICTLY about their daughter or them parting ways such as the sale of their house etc. They ARE NOT talking about their past or talking about their day etc.

But they can talk every other day. She is an open book about it. She isn't hiding on her phone etc.

On one hand I feel like an ass because I don't want get between two great co-parents while mine is shittty. I mean what am I going to say ... hey babe can you talk about your daughter less? Can you two stop co-parenting so well?

On the other hand as a slightly possessive alpha male type I feel like she is still tethered to her ex-husband. Even if she didn't answer the phone when he calls or whatever ... what man wants to be with a woman who has to have constant contact with her ex?

I doubt she's over him if she txts him and asks about his day.. It seems like she wants to txt him.
Speaking from experience..

It's not co parenting, they're separated, you're the new parent, believe it or not. he can txt his mom or google shit if he has a question

you are blind to the situation.......

maybe you should "have a little talk with him"....

let him know your boundaries are being crossed....
and its bothering you...and its time to slow his roll...
or shit will go down....its worked for me in the past...

im betting he thinks you are a bitch....show him you ARE NOT...

:cool:

An ex is an ex for a reason....

If she is still talking to him that much, she is keeping him around for a reason because every girl I know, when they are done...THEY ARE DONE!!!!

Don't be her door mat....To me it kind of sounds like maybe she isn't ready to be dating if she is still talking that much and have a house together and you need to make the choice to move on, don't dictate your life on her answers.

Plenty more fish out there!!!!

yup cockbloking big time if is not an emergency involving the kid why call at 10 pm.
my gf and I are both divorce with kids at first her ex was a dick always calling for bs and shit eventually he stop

Sent from my SM-G930T using Professional Muscle mobile app

To clarify they are not talking about their day, relationship issues, etc.

Its about their daughter, the agreement, the sale of their house etc.

So on one hand I feel like an ass for getting between two great co-parents just cause my divorce is shitty.

On the other hand a 10pm call while we are fucking around to ask if their daughter can brush her teeth after taking cough medication is a bit much.

I realize they are slowly separating and so they need to talk about separation issues like the sale of their house or their daughter.

Its just EOD chit chat I'm not sure I want to get too serious with this girl right?

I did have a talk with her today explaining that I really like her but I'm just going to be a casual date until you work it out with your ex.

RED FLAG

Here is what you do....

Talk to her, tell her how you feel. If she starts to defend him and the talks...you have your answer. MOVE ON.

If she says Ok, yeah I understand...keeper

Most phones such as iPhones and I'm sure Android allow you to block calls from anybody that isn't in your favorites between lets say 8:00 pm and 6:00 a.m.

Perhaps she should have him automatically blocked between those hours from calling, this way all calls go to voicemail and if important she can check them later, I don't answer my cell from most people after 7:00 P.M and only have direct family allowed to call after that time.

So tonight her ex calls to talk to his daughter. After a brief phone call her daughter hands the phone to her mother and says he wants to talk to you. She picks up the phone and goes downstairs. Of course I creep up and listen a bit. It wasn't about their daughter. He was drunk as usual and thinks that his ex, my gf, is putting a "spell" on him because he has health issues from drinking a two six of Jack Daniels every night. Clearly he has lost his mind if he thinks that his health issues are the result of black magic and not hard alcohol.

Anyways rather than set a boundary and say to her ex that she wont have this discussion with him, which I think would be most appropriate, she talks to him for 10 minutes about how she isn't putting any spells on him.

She vented to me after the phone call and didn't lie about it. She is equally as frustrated as me. But she doesn't seem to stand up to him and say stop calling which I just get a weird feeling about.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws