over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any other asthmatics?

Performance Based

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Currently using Advair and Xopenex as my emergency puffer.

Advair helps but neither really seems to take care of the issue for me. Any of you guys try anything else? I recently tried Qvar and it did nothing for me.

Pretty good with my cardio etc, about to head off to vail tomorrow for xmas and slightly concerned about the elevation.

Xopenex comes in 2 strengths .63 and 1.25 mg. The 1.25 can have similar cardiac effects as albuterol and the .63 is the preferred dose. Albuterol is not the villian some portyay it to be and is used 4-6 times daily for years by COPD pateints with no ill effects. Only a small percentage of patients experience the albuterol jitters and it subsides quickly. I would trade off the jitters for airway relief any day of the week. The ER protocol we use for a serious asthma exacerbation is a one hour continuous albuterol treatment and IV steroids. The albuterol is then continued every 3 hours for 24 hours. I haven't seen any serious cardiac issues in over 23 years. Often an inhaled steroid(Pulmicort) is added and continued as a maintainence drug to keep inflammation in check. Anyone using an inhaled steroid is advised to rinse your mouth thoroughly right after the dose to prevent a thrush (fungal) infection that can occur in about 5% of pateints.

Tom, you are 100% correct. But remember the underlying cause of COPD is completely different than asthma. More and more studies show that COPD does not even respond to steroids well anyways. That is why Atrovent or Spiriva is used more and more and albuterol/xopenex is pretty much all you can do for COPD. But the discussion is about asthma and the cause and underlying tissue problem is completely different and therefore daily use of albuterol is not recommended.

. And not ever in the history of niggerdom (Katt Williams lol) is anybody going to agree with you that requiring to use albuterol daily is considered healthy. Period.

I think the problem for most of us that have been using albuterol for so long is the fact that using it just once a day or so is enough to keep things under control and we have been fine for 30+ yrs. its hard to convince us that using albuterol the way we have is dangerous. What we dont want to do is jump on yet another drug, and the albuterol is still going to be needed from time to time.

I worry about the long term affects of those corticosteroids, even though I realize the dose is rather small since all you need is local affect since its being inhailed.

30 yrs on albuterol average once a day and no issues vs going on a new drug and stil needing albuterol for emergencies.

Im rather stubborn. It took me a good 5+ yrs or more to finally go on Singulair once it went off. I told my docs I wanted to keep using the theophylline. I was wrong there, maybe Im wrong now.

I feel like now I have to use mine because of the damn large dose of beta blocker im on. When I first got on the Coreg my asthma was just miserable, but eventually somehow my body adjusted. I now use my inailer about once a day.

Xopenex comes in 2 strengths .63 and 1.25 mg. The 1.25 can have similar cardiac effects as albuterol and the .63 is the preferred dose. Albuterol is not the villian some portyay it to be and is used 4-6 times daily for years by COPD pateints with no ill effects. Only a small percentage of patients experience the albuterol jitters and it subsides quickly. I would trade off the jitters for airway relief any day of the week. The ER protocol we use for a serious asthma exacerbation is a one hour continuous albuterol treatment and IV steroids. The albuterol is then continued every 3 hours for 24 hours. I haven't seen any serious cardiac issues in over 23 years. Often an inhaled steroid(Pulmicort) is added and continued as a maintainence drug to keep inflammation in check. Anyone using an inhaled steroid is advised to rinse your mouth thoroughly right after the dose to prevent a thrush (fungal) infection that can occur in about 5% of pateints.

Tom, you are 100% correct. But remember the underlying cause of COPD is completely different than asthma. More and more studies show that COPD does not even respond to steroids well anyways. That is why Atrovent or Spiriva is used more and more and albuterol/xopenex is pretty much all you can do for COPD. But the discussion is about asthma and the cause and underlying tissue problem is completely different and therefore daily use of albuterol is not recommended.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but please do not give medical advice. Albuterol is just as dangerous cause it is a beta receptor stimulator and will give rapid heart rates, and can send you to tachycardia or even atrial fibrilation. Just by definition if you have to use a "rescue inhaler" ie albuterol more than once every two weeks it is considered that your asthma is not under control. Period. If you are using albuterol 3x daily forget about it. Do you know what causes asthma? It is caused by inflammation of the bronchioles. Albuterol has no effect on reducing that inflammation. It does short term relaxation of the smooth muscles to open you up a bit and as soon as it goes away, you still have the inflammation left behind. Hence, why you are using it so often.

To control asthma you have to control the inflammation. First line treatment for asthma should be Singulair 10mg daily for adults. It is a leukotriene inhibitor which prevents release of chemicals that cause inflammation due to response to allergens. We know that 80% of the causes of asthma are allergens related. Singulair is approved down to 2yrs old and an extremely safe drug. If after 60 days, you are still using your albuterol more than once every 2 weeks, then Singulair stays, but you add a inhaled steroid. Now, where i agree with you is that i am not a huge fan of combo drugs where a steroid and long acting beta stimulator such as Advair is used. I prefer just an inhaled steroid by itself. It has zero systemic absorption cause it only goes to the lungs, and reduces the inflammation. Most of the time, the combo of singulair, and inhaled steroid is enough to control the asthma. If not, then longer acting beta drugs such as found in Advair are used, and if that does not work, low dose 5-10mg of prednisone daily has to be used.

Why do you think people's hand shake and get all jittery when they use albuterol? it is basically same family of clenbuterol and terbutaline. To have so much cardiac stimulation 3x daily is very dangerous and highly un-advisable. I only say this and took the time to write this is because even not knowing you i still care about your overall well being and secondary to make sure that we are not spreading wrong medical advice.

Any inhaler suggestions regarding the bolded material above? I'm currently ONLY on albuterol as needed. I was given singular but wanted to try things with only the albuterol. I've never gone more than a day without taking at least ONE puff.

And not ever in the history of niggerdom (Katt Williams lol) is anybody going to agree with you that requiring to use albuterol daily is considered healthy. Period.

I think the problem for most of us that have been using albuterol for so long is the fact that using it just once a day or so is enough to keep things under control and we have been fine for 30+ yrs. its hard to convince us that using albuterol the way we have is dangerous. What we dont want to do is jump on yet another drug, and the albuterol is still going to be needed from time to time.

I worry about the long term affects of those corticosteroids, even though I realize the dose is rather small since all you need is local affect since its being inhailed.

30 yrs on albuterol average once a day and no issues vs going on a new drug and stil needing albuterol for emergencies.

Im rather stubborn. It took me a good 5+ yrs or more to finally go on Singulair once it went off. I told my docs I wanted to keep using the theophylline. I was wrong there, maybe Im wrong now.

I feel like now I have to use mine because of the damn large dose of beta blocker im on. When I first got on the Coreg my asthma was just miserable, but eventually somehow my body adjusted. I now use my inailer about once a day.

not ever in the history of niggerdom (Katt Williams lol) is anybody going to agree with you that requiring to use albuterol daily is considered healthy. Period.

weird, this thread messed up for anyone else? It wont let me post on it and it shows the last post was me at 12:00 noon. LOL, well if this post works then it means I can post. the thread isnt showing up on the forum either. i have to navigate here through my subscription.

weird, this thread messed up for anyone else? It wont let me post on it and it shows the last post was me at 12:00 noon. LOL, well if this post works then it means I can post. the thread isnt showing up on the forum either. i have to navigate here through my subscription.

Yeah i dont know what the hell is going on, the thread is all messed up with time posting showing off. Maybe the mods need to look at this.

Any inhaler suggestions regarding the bolded material above? I'm currently ONLY on albuterol as needed. I was given singular but wanted to try things with only the albuterol. I've never gone more than a day without taking at least ONE puff.

If I were you I would go on Singulair. There is a good chance that if you do you may only have to rely on the inhailer sporadically. Give it a try, I swear by that pill.

Yeah i dont know what the hell is going on, the thread is all messed up with time posting showing off. Maybe the mods need to look at this.

their clock got off somehow.

Currently using Advair and Xopenex as my emergency puffer.

Advair helps but neither really seems to take care of the issue for me. Any of you guys try anything else? I recently tried Qvar and it did nothing for me.

Pretty good with my cardio etc, about to head off to vail tomorrow for xmas and slightly concerned about the elevation.

GET OFF THAT SHIT NOW!!! These new asthma inhalers are DANGEROUS AND POTENTIALLY FATAL!

I am a hardcore asthmatic, I have been hospitalized numerous times. My asthma is COMPLETELY CONTROLLED using my good old fashioned ALBUTEROL INHALER, as needed! I use it 2-3 times per day MAX, and there are no short-term or long-term side-effects.

My brother had a very bad experience with Advair, these drugs are dangerous and not thoroughly researched yet!!

I agree with BNS, tried and true albuterol inhaler for me as needed man - that other shit just has too many unwanted sides for me. Mine is activity induced so don't do much cardio for that matter but a cpl puffs on it and i'm good.

GET OFF THAT SHIT NOW!!! These new asthma inhalers are DANGEROUS AND POTENTIALLY FATAL!

I am a hardcore asthmatic, I have been hospitalized numerous times. My asthma is COMPLETELY CONTROLLED using my good old fashioned ALBUTEROL INHALER, as needed! I use it 2-3 times per day MAX, and there are no short-term or long-term side-effects.

My brother had a very bad experience with Advair, these drugs are dangerous and not thoroughly researched yet!!

x2 on the good ole fashioned albuterol. However, it does nothing to control or prevent symptoms in advance, which is what sufferers want.

Anyone remember the white albute before the law changed? So much better than the new ones :-(

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

What side effects are you guys talking about with the advair?

I got all the way up to the highest dosed advair disc and it worked well for me. I decided to get off of it and try to control my asthma with other means and the thing I've noticed the two times I've come off advair is that I feel like I have that tightness in my chest and cant get a full breath even when sitting, but it subsides after a week. I've had asthma since I was 10 months old and I'm 29 now. Hospitalized once when I was a kid. Been on a lot of meds in my life. The thing that has ALWAYS worked for me was the albuterol inhaler (I felt they worked better before the law made them change the propellant, could just be a negative placebo to change though). Also when my cardio is good I suffer A LOT less from my asthma. I usually take one MAYBE two puffs of albuterol before I lift, run or swim and will be fine. I also use a device called the iron man power breathe. Works pretty damn good for my asthma. I weighed about 230lbs and ran a 10k with an 8:06 pace per mile. I honestly think adding that to my running and inhaler routine helped me A LOT.

Lets say a diabetic is using one drug and their sugar is out of whack, and another diabetic is using two drugs but their sugar is under control. Who is healthier? See. We dont decide who is healthier based on number of drugs they use. We decide based on end results to get to normal.

Alpha I understand your analogy,… the car … I like… good point…Home run!

This one, if diabetic #1 modified their diet, chances are their glucose would stay in a nice range pre and post meal.

If diabetic #2 modified their diet, they more than likely would only need one med.
And both incorporated an exercise program.

I was diagnosised with reactive hypoglycemia several years ago by a moronic Endocrinologist, he (I) did a glucose tolerance test… I blacked out after the third doses of glucose… long story short, he put me on Januvia and Metformin.
Same moron told me there was No need to check E2 in males on TRT :rolleyes:

After researching on my own findings, it was the large consumption of grains I was eating caused me to dump and go hypo… that was 6 years ago I figured It out, I haven't had the need for either med since, my pre meal glucose averages 85-90 and post meals 105-120

My point to the OP, do as much research on whats causing the inflammation to begin with and eliminate root cause.

Unless it's congenital, then your stuck taking the drug(s)

I do like the car analogy :D

Last edited:
I am on symbicort, singulair, and ventolin. Wish I could get off everythin. Been going to an allergist to take care of ome hings been hlping a bit. Doesn't albuterol an the fast actign ones damage the heart and bones?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131