advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yanks & Limeys - what do we love about each other and what confuses us?

Wasn’t Louis CK cancelled for jizzing all over himself in front of some bird in his dressing room?
Ive always been a fan of wanking Lou. 💦
Don't remember that one lol. The earliest I remember of cancel culture was don imus losing his job for calling a women's basketball team nappy headed ho's.

Your disdain towards the scientists
I wasn't expressing disdain for the scientists. I was criticizing the way that Nolan portrayed them as the prophets and saviors of humanity.

Wasn’t Louis CK cancelled for jizzing all over himself in front of some bird in his dressing room?
Ive always been a fan of wanking Lou. 💦
True story. And such a shame because his FX show was genius.

I wasn't expressing disdain for the scientists. I was criticizing the way that Nolan portrayed them as the prophets and saviors of humanity.
Right but again he showed both sides. He didn’t make them just saviors but also showed them as destroyers. He even joked around with the idea that there’s a “near zero chance the bomb can cause a chain reaction ending the world” lol. He didn’t portray them as infallible. Thats the ambivalence I’m talking about.

Don't remember that one lol. The earliest I remember of cancel culture was don imus losing his job for calling a women's basketball team nappy headed ho's.
Dave Chapelle was taking about it during one of his shows. Obviously the way he told the story in detail was genius. The way he threw ‘pancake mix’ into the series of adjectives surrounding the said act was just delightful 💦

Right but again he showed both sides. He didn’t make them just saviors but also showed them as destroyers. He even joked around with the idea that there’s a “near zero chance the bomb can cause a chain reaction ending the world” lol. He didn’t portray them as infallible. Thats the ambivalence I’m talking about.
I didn't find that scene all that relevant.

When Oppenheimer wants to abandon his child, he is encouraged that this is just the price to pay for being a genius. The idea is that its ok for Oppenheimer to be a moral piece of shit, because his intelligence is what really matters. Are you familiar with Nietzsche? Oppenheimer is pretty clearly portrayed as an ubermensch figure. For Oppenheimer, the supermen in society are the scientists. Every time a scientist comes into the film, he makes sure the dialogue mentions them by name. He wants us to be fangirls at the name of some obscure scientist that played a role in making a bomb. There are like 30 different scientists in the movie and he thinks they are such important historical figures that we should know them all by name. It's a sort of idolatry of science. Yes Nolan does show some of their failings, and their struggles with the moral issues involved. But he casts them as the only ones who really even get the moral horror of the event anyways. Oppenheimer stands alone at the microphone, to a sea of wild bafoons applauding and smiling that the bomb is going to be used to kill millions, and while they all smile and cheer, he alone is wrecked with the tension of the ethics. The common man is a moral simpleton, the scientists, though imperfect, are the one's with real insight and value. It's ok that they are pieces of shit, because everyone else are all even bigger pieces of shit, but at least they make up for it with intelligence.

I didn't find that scene all that relevant.

When Oppenheimer wants to abandon his child, he is encouraged that this is just the price to pay for being a genius. The idea is that its ok for Oppenheimer to be a moral piece of shit, because his intelligence is what really matters. Are you familiar with Nietzsche? Oppenheimer is pretty clearly portrayed as an ubermensch figure. For Oppenheimer, the supermen in society are the scientists. Every time a scientist comes into the film, he makes sure the dialogue mentions them by name. He wants us to be fangirls at the name of some obscure scientist that played a role in making a bomb. There are like 30 different scientists in the movie and he thinks they are such important historical figures that we should know them all by name. It's a sort of idolatry of science. Yes Nolan does show some of their failings, and their struggles with the moral issues involved. But he casts them as the only ones who really even get the moral horror of the event anyways. Oppenheimer stands alone at the microphone, to a sea of wild bafoons applauding and smiling that the bomb is going to be used to kill millions, and while they all smile and cheer, he alone is wrecked with the tension of the ethics. The common man is a moral simpleton, the scientists, though imperfect, are the one's with real insight and value. It's ok that they are pieces of shit, because everyone else are all even bigger pieces of shit, but at least they make up for it with intelligence.
Agree to disagree. I’m too high to keep going back and forth.

lol that was great

I’ve seen it a thousand times and still piss myself laughing at I t as if it’s the first. Getvais is smashing Netflix with his latest offering but I think it’s awful. He’s going down the ‘vulgar, offensive, swearing route’ which is just shit.

I wish I was mate. It’s 0130 over here and I’m working. What I complete loser I am. Been back on the straight n narrow work-wise the last 10 months and it’s literally killing me!

PM me if you want but what is cannabis/edibles availability like down in the bayou. What’s the legal status currently?

PM me if you want but what is cannabis/edibles availability like down in the bayou. What’s the legal status currently?
It’s medical in Louisiana so I was able to get reciprocity from Florida. The dispensaries are basically the same as Florida - you have the entire selection of flower to edibles to concentrates. But it’s not as cheap as Florida.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear