advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yanks & Limeys - what do we love about each other and what confuses us?

What do people over there think of Harry and his drama queen wife? I'll admit she's smoking hot, id say 10/10. President Trump is the only president I can remember over here with a decent looking wife lol.

They're both persona Non-gratis in the eyes of our media. Don't follow it closely enough to know why, probably because he decided he didn't want to be a working royal any more. He released a book last year, there was a big hoo-haa about something he said in it but again, didn't follow it to know what exactly. I really have no interest in that stuff. I know he's now less popular than his uncle Andrew, who fucked kids on Epstein island which is kind of.. concerning? I mean surely being a nonce is worse then whatever Harry's done? 😂

Prior to marriage he was seen as somewhat of the loveable black-sheep of the royal family. I think he's now seen a winge-bag. Not sure what the future holds for the British royal family - as a nation I'm not sure we're as fond of it as foreign media portrays - I don't think there's a particularly strong anti-royal sentiment either. Queen Liz was generally well liked as a person so her spot was relatively "safe"- Charlie however hasn't really been popular ever, or atleast not since the separation from diana. We may be witnessing the dying days of monarchy; I guess only time will tell!

Trump was seen as somewhat of a comedy-act over here. it wasn't so much he was "hated" like we saw (or our media showed us) certain sections of American society hating him or getting emotional about trump - but he was mocked weekly on all our satirical comedy & panel shows. Probably his greatest contribution to the world from a British perspective was he is absolute gold for comedians to work with 😂

Bland food
Poor music
Over inflated sense of country's importance

But

When the accent is proper it can make a man sound like a scholar and a woman sound interesting and sexy

The religious and intellectual tradition has produced some absolute gems, like CS Lewis

Sense of humor is off but every once in the while strikes gold

Occasionally produces good films

And the American revolutionary war was most likely unjust and wicked rebellion against a lawful ruler
Completely agree mate. I’ve always had the exact same opinion on America as well.

What do people over there think of Harry and his drama queen wife? I'll admit she's smoking hot, id say 10/10. President Trump is the only president I can remember over here with a decent looking wife lol.
I used to be a big fan of H. Years ago he’d be sniffing in a variety of London nightclubs like The Box and Vendome which showed he was ‘one of us’. That 4th rate, black wannabe, over entitled actress has destroyed him.

Are you able to understand the fellas from New Castle? Fuckin hell, the guys I met from there while in Saigon... I could barely pick up every 3rd word.
It’s a very thick accent mate. Some of the old dockers are very hard to understand.

The bland food thing always makes me chuckle - I think some of the stereo typical British foods (Roast beef, shepherds pie, fish and chips etc) could be seen as bland for sure - definitely have a place though. Good cold weather food! But it is worth bearing in mind that most "Indian" foods that we see outside of India are actually "British" in that they were created in Britain. Modern Britain is very multicultural and the ethically Indian/Jamaican/African populations that have been here for generations are british (except for the views of some ignorant jackasses who can't see past skin colour). I think the music thing we've debunked. Sure, we've sent you some pure shite but you sent us n-sync and my chemical romance so maybe we'll just call it even on the shit music front? 😂

As for the inflated sense of importance; that might be our politicians? I don't know. They just politicians though - same as we wouldn't judge everyday Americans by bush/Biden/trump etc.

I'd agree, the British sense of humour probably does not translate well!

As for the revolutionary war - I don't know a huge amount about it. Not really taught in schools over here other than it happened. We generally seem Americans as kith & kin rather than a foreign entity.
A ‘bland food’ accusation from a Yank is just fooking hilarious! What’s American food anyway? The only thing I can think of is a hamburger ffs!
The Office (another Brit export) ran for how many seasons?
British music is shit!!??? I know music taste is completely subjective BUT I think it’s widely accepted that many of the worlds greatest bands/singers are Brits.
Mate your comments are some of the most retarded I’ve read anywhere ever.
Don’t get me started on films/actors!

A ‘bland food’ accusation from a Yank is just fooking hilarious! What’s American food anyway? The only thing I can think of is a hamburger ffs!
The Office (another Brit export) ran for how many seasons?
British music is shit!!??? I know music taste is completely subjective BUT I think it’s widely accepted that many of the worlds greatest bands/singers are Brits.
Mate your comments are some of the most retarded I’ve read anywhere ever.
Don’t get me started on films/actors!

Im assuming you're calling the poster who said Brit music was shit a retard rather than myself who has clearly stated we gave the world the Beatles, stones, Sabbath, pistols, clash etc 😂

Being British I obviously love Brit cinema but I doubt full monty is going to translate well across the pond (although pleasantly surprised to read a few posters enjoyed lockstock/snatch!). The American office has very little in common with The Office in my opinion - the British version was pure genius.

As for yank food - their BBQ food is undeniably good. It's their junk food I just can't get my head around. Also what they call mac & cheese - texture of melted plastic with the taste of stale wotsits 😂

Im assuming you're calling the poster who said Brit music was shit a retard rather than myself who has clearly stated we gave the world the Beatles, stones, Sabbath, pistols, clash etc 😂

Being British I obviously love Brit cinema but I doubt full monty is going to translate well across the pond (although pleasantly surprised to read a few posters enjoyed lockstock/snatch!). The American office has very little in common with The Office in my opinion - the British version was pure genius.

As for yank food - their BBQ food is undeniably good. It's their junk food I just can't get my head around. Also what they call mac & cheese - texture of melted plastic with the taste of stale wotsits 😂
Yeah not you big boy. I’m with you 100%.
True with bbq although the Brazilians have got the edge.
Brit bbq is without doubt the worst on the planet. Fooking package sausages and burgers along with black chicken. I always swerve a bbq invite unless there’s a South American link involved .

I said they occasionally produce good films

I assume this list is people you think have produced great films

I have of course heard of two of those guys, but had to Google the others.

I was not a fan of Oppenheimer, but Nolan does have a couple good films, especially the dark knight

the Bourne series was pretty decent

the only thing Ive seen from Hitchcock is "birds" when I was little and I don't remember thinking it was anything great but I was a little shithead at the time so I could have been wrong

is there specific titles you are thinking of here ?
It wasn’t up for discussion. More of a comment ON your comment for the group to read, not a comment to you.

Noone takes you seriously.

One day the antiretrovirals will lose their efficacy. Statement of fact

You see this in pro athletes, their personalities seem sincere and authentic. And the culture is more free of characters that only create drama and scandal, like so many in the US.
Well just to be fair the UK basically invented the paparazzi…

I said they occasionally produce good films

I assume this list is people you think have produced great films

I have of course heard of two of those guys, but had to Google the others.

I was not a fan of Oppenheimer, but Nolan does have a couple good films, especially the dark knight

the Bourne series was pretty decent

the only thing Ive seen from Hitchcock is "birds" when I was little and I don't remember thinking it was anything great but I was a little shithead at the time so I could have been wrong

is there specific titles you are thinking of here ?

You didn’t have much to begin with - but you’ve lost all credibility…

Can’t believe Chas and Dave aren’t on your list though mukka.
Half a vial of my pip-free test 400 goes to the Yank who accurately defines ‘gertcha’.

You didn’t have much to begin with - but you’ve lost all credibility…
You loved Oppenheimer but hated Bourne?

Oppenheimer was great cinematically, the score, the acting, the casting, all excellent. But the script and the moral messaging was atrocious. Nolan wrote a movie about defeating the Nazis that was saturated with Nietzschean ideology and the idolization of science over against the every man.

You loved Oppenheimer but hated Bourne?

Oppenheimer was great cinematically, the score, the acting, the casting, all excellent. But the script and the moral messaging was atrocious. Nolan wrote a movie about defeating the Nazis that was saturated with Nietzschean ideology and the idolization of science over against the every man.
First off - I fucking love the original 3 Bournes - they’re an opus of a trilogy. Although Liman directed Identity.

Oppenheimer was adapted from Pulitzer Prize winning book American Prometheus. You can hate the moral messaging all you want but these were the true rollercoaster of emotions that Oppenheimer was dealing with.

First off - I fucking love the original 3 Bournes - they’re an opus of a trilogy. Although Liman directed Identity.

Oppenheimer was adapted from Pulitzer Prize winning book American Prometheus. You can hate the moral messaging all you want but these were the true rollercoaster of emotions that Oppenheimer was dealing with.

Here is the review I wrote of Oppenheimer in the "movie" thread here on promuscle. I am not familiar with the book you are referencing but I wonder whether Nolan was really drawing on it for these theme.

"Oppenheimer was excellent with regard to it's technical aspects... Cinematography, casting, score, acting. But it's plot and message is basically trash. It's rather self-righteous and elitist, and soaking with Nietzschian ideology. Oppenheimer is a piece of shit but we are told his moral failings are the price to pay for his genius. He is the ubermensch and all us simpletons should look up to him as a prophet. His wife, who is an even bigger piece of shit than he is, redeems herself by pointing out Oppenheimer's one true flaw: his willingness to undergo humble self-sacrifice. Christopher Nolan casts scientists as the prophets of humanity, and everytime a scientist appears in the movie he makes sure to name drop. He wants us to know that he is smart and that these characters were important figures in world history that we should be fangirl about. But Nolan's own scientific understanding seems niave at best as evidenced by the flippant way his script dismisses the idea that causality underlies quantum physics, as if that was a basically foolish position that no one should take seriously."

Post in thread 'MOVIES to WATCH' https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/index.php?threads/movies-to-watch.128313/post-3257358

They're both persona Non-gratis in the eyes of our media. Don't follow it closely enough to know why, probably because he decided he didn't want to be a working royal any more. He released a book last year, there was a big hoo-haa about something he said in it but again, didn't follow it to know what exactly. I really have no interest in that stuff. I know he's now less popular than his uncle Andrew, who fucked kids on Epstein island which is kind of.. concerning? I mean surely being a nonce is worse then whatever Harry's done? 😂

Prior to marriage he was seen as somewhat of the loveable black-sheep of the royal family. I think he's now seen a winge-bag. Not sure what the future holds for the British royal family - as a nation I'm not sure we're as fond of it as foreign media portrays - I don't think there's a particularly strong anti-royal sentiment either. Queen Liz was generally well liked as a person so her spot was relatively "safe"- Charlie however hasn't really been popular ever, or atleast not since the separation from diana. We may be witnessing the dying days of monarchy; I guess only time will tell!

Trump was seen as somewhat of a comedy-act over here. it wasn't so much he was "hated" like we saw (or our media showed us) certain sections of American society hating him or getting emotional about trump - but he was mocked weekly on all our satirical comedy & panel shows. Probably his greatest contribution to the world from a British perspective was he is absolute gold for comedians to work with 😂
Yeah she seems like a total nut case. Melania is hot and the only decent looking first lady I can remember, but she's not even in Megan's league in the looks department. And many Americans, media, "comedians"did the same here, most of the above are just modern day useful idiots believing and promoting the message of their masters. Comedy over here has been so dilluted due to cancel culture...can't offend anyone anymore.

Here is the review I wrote of Oppenheimer in the "movie" thread here on promuscle. I am not familiar with the book you are referencing but I wonder whether Nolan was really drawing on it for these theme.

"Oppenheimer was excellent with regard to it's technical aspects... Cinematography, casting, score, acting. But it's plot and message is basically trash. It's rather self-righteous and elitist, and soaking with Nietzschian ideology. Oppenheimer is a piece of shit but we are told his moral failings are the price to pay for his genius. He is the ubermensch and all us simpletons should look up to him as a prophet. His wife, who is an even bigger piece of shit than he is, redeems herself by pointing out Oppenheimer's one true flaw: his willingness to undergo humble self-sacrifice. Christopher Nolan casts scientists as the prophets of humanity, and everytime a scientist appears in the movie he makes sure to name drop. He wants us to know that he is smart and that these characters were important figures in world history that we should be fangirl about. But Nolan's own scientific understanding seems niave at best as evidenced by the flippant way his script dismisses the idea that causality underlies quantum physics, as if that was a basically foolish position that no one should take seriously."

Post in thread 'MOVIES to WATCH' https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/index.php?threads/movies-to-watch.128313/post-3257358
I disagree. You make it sound like this film wasn't loaded with a ton of ambivalence towards the ethics of building and setting off the bomb.

Fuck ambien. Just reading one of posts sends me into a coma-like sleep. Thanks Biggerp.

Yeah she seems like a total nut case. Melania is hot and the only decent looking first lady I can remember, but she's not even in Megan's league in the looks department. And many Americans, media, "comedians"did the same here, most of the above are just modern day useful idiots believing and promoting the message of their masters. Comedy over here has been so dilluted due to cancel culture...can't offend anyone anymore.
Wasn’t Louis CK cancelled for jizzing all over himself in front of some bird in his dressing room?
Ive always been a fan of wanking Lou. 💦

I disagree. You make it sound like this film wasn't loaded with a ton of ambivalence towards the ethics of building and setting off the bomb.

Which of my comments seem directed towards the movie's view on the bomb?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws