advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yanks & Limeys - what do we love about each other and what confuses us?

Worldsfastestfatty

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Thread was suggested by @Muay Thai from a comment I made on another post.

For the record - I absolutely love you yanks. One of the best things about the internet is how we can interact with people all over the world and develop friendships that otherwise wouldn't be possible due to geography.

I hope this thread doesn't descend in to politics (it's just boring) or lazy stereotypes. Sure if I believed the media portrayed over here all yanks are either fundamentalist Christian racists or blue haired gender confused weirdos. I have met enough yanks to know that's complete bollox.

I think it's important to note that US and UK are incredibly intertwined both via a shared history and the nature in which we share culture. You have us Elvis and buddy holly, we gave you the Beatles and the rolling stones. You gave us lynard skinard, we gave you black Sabbath etc. it cannot be denied that our arts, music and film have bounced off each other over the last 60 years and created something beautiful.

So what do I, as a Brit, think you yanks do really well?

I love your passion. You really throw your heart into anything you support - the atmosphere at sporting events, the way you tell stories. Wonderful. Compared to Brits who are typically very reserved it's very endearing to seem. I can't remember which wrestler now but he explained how in the US when they want to get heat they go out and say "X state/town they are in sucks" and the crowd reacts with boos. Do it in the UK and crowd cheers and replies "yeah, it's a shithole" 😂

I'm always amazed how friendly and warm you guys are. Whenever I encounter Americans abroad, within a short time Its like they've been a friend for life. Very welcoming. Very generous too. Great conversationalists. Will literally talk to anyone.

Film - particularly action films, no other country can make an action movie that comes close to what America makes.

What I really don't understand about America -

Your junk food. It's gross. Twinkies, Reece's, McDonald's, taffy. None of it tends to have any flavour to me. I dunno, I just don't get it. Especially what you call chocolate. The American version of Fanta is poles apart from the British version. Ours has actual orange juice in. Also funions? What the fuck is that bland as hell nonsense.

You guys are also really offended by the word "cunt". It's not that offensive here and a key part of our vocabulary - it's almost a term of endearment depending how it's used.

Also why don't you fuckers walk anywhere? In the UK we wouldn't dream of driving somewhere less than a mile away. You guys will literally drive to the end of the road. I guess your petrol is alot cheaper than ours!

I'll think of some more later - but what do you yanks think of us limeys?

When you guys come to San Diego you party hard. There is an ongoing "slur" about english people that they have horrible teeth. I always figured it was a bs stereotype until I watched a documentary about the english explosion of SUGAR,and all the baked sugary treats and sugar in teas the scoops were heaping mass gainer protein style scoops lol. I have a solid homey in London from Bangladesh. He is a Muslim scholar but fascinated with the gang and gang history of California lol. We have some excellent convos about spirituality etc.

I have observed england has a knife problem while others may "arguably" say we have a gun problem.
So many stabbings in England compared to gun violence.
You guys kicked off your own style of classic rock but I think when the beatles came to OC/LA they were heavily influenced by the beach boys, and of course the haight ashbury district (why do I have a feeling @alfresco has been there?)

a lot of skinheads from what I have gathered. But if you study skinhead history, the original skinheads were NOT RACIST and they originate in England. It was a working class protest type thing. Ritchie Edwards is a client of mine and I am working on watty from the exploited.

PUNK was BORN in England. The Damned, CRASS, trendier bands like the CLASH, Conflict, GBH, EXPLOITED

OI was also born in England, so I would venture to say england has a ton of great rock bands and a bad ass music scene

George harrison is my favorite beatle because he was a hippy and into the occult.

aleister crowley is a legend out here to those who also know! the BEAST 666 he stirred hell all over england and the world while he was alive. I have a homegirl who is a WITCH and her husband is a sorcerer in the temple of the golden dawn (his occult magick order)

Our Public Broadcasting Service in the US airs British television shows on Saturday and Sunday nights - I've seen every episode of Fawlty Towers, it was a hilarious show. Don't mention the war!

When you guys come to San Diego you party hard. There is an ongoing "slur" about english people that they have horrible teeth. I always figured it was a bs stereotype until I watched a documentary about the english explosion of SUGAR,and all the baked sugary treats and sugar in teas the scoops were heaping mass gainer protein style scoops lol. I have a solid homey in London from Bangladesh. He is a Muslim scholar but fascinated with the gang and gang history of California lol. We have some excellent convos about spirituality etc.

I have observed england has a knife problem while others may "arguably" say we have a gun problem.
So many stabbings in England compared to gun violence.
You guys kicked off your own style of classic rock but I think when the beatles came to OC/LA they were heavily influenced by the beach boys, and of course the haight ashbury district (why do I have a feeling @alfresco has been there?)

a lot of skinheads from what I have gathered. But if you study skinhead history, the original skinheads were NOT RACIST and they originate in England. It was a working class protest type thing. Ritchie Edwards is a client of mine and I am working on watty from the exploited.

PUNK was BORN in England. The Damned, CRASS, trendier bands like the CLASH, Conflict, GBH, EXPLOITED

OI was also born in England, so I would venture to say england has a ton of great rock bands and a bad ass music scene

George harrison is my favorite beatle because he was a hippy and into the occult.

aleister crowley is a legend out here to those who also know! the BEAST 666 he stirred hell all over england and the world while he was alive. I have a homegirl who is a WITCH and her husband is a sorcerer in the temple of the golden dawn (his occult magick order)

I could post loads but I am going to bed now. Something you wrote stood out though so I figured I would mention it. The UK doesn't have a knife problem in one way. It's London that has a knife problem. Unfortunately that's starting to spread but where I am from you don't really hear about knife crime. The UK is very small and most who visit go to London so I find when 90% of tourists (Americans) go on about the UK they are really just talking about London.

One thing that has always stood out to me about the UK is it's influence in regards to the world politics, music and culture etc. That always stood out to me because the UK fits into the US approx 40 times in terms of land mass. There are many states that are multiple times the size of the UK. That's why to a Brit driving 1 hour is a long way but to someone from the US it's literally nothing because of the size difference.

It's the same in any country but because the UK is so small you can drive 30-60 mins down the road and people are completely different (especially the accents).

On the subject of the Beatles I live approx 10 mins from where all 4 of them were born.

Our Public Broadcasting Service in the US airs British television shows on Saturday and Sunday nights - I've seen every episode of Fawlty Towers, it was a hilarious show. Don't mention the war!

Have you seen Only Fools and Horses? That's probably the best classic comedy series ever made.

Man I have never really thought about what do I think about the english people i think about the movie layer cake and snatch though.
You’re born, you take shit. Get out in the world, you take more shit. Climb a little higher, take less shit. Until one day you're in the rarefied atmosphere and you’ve forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake, son.

Ugh I fucking love that flick!

PS - remember when I compared that weirdo here to Crazy Larry and he fucking freaked out lol?

Birmingham and areas in North Yorkshire have a higher rate of knife crime than London.
I could post loads but I am going to bed now. Something you wrote stood out though so I figured I would mention it. The UK doesn't have a knife problem in one way. It's London that has a knife problem. Unfortunately that's starting to spread but where I am from you don't really hear about knife crime. The UK is very small and most who visit go to London so I find when 90% of tourists (Americans) go on about the UK they are really just talking about London.

Birmingham and areas in North Yorkshire have a higher rate of knife crime than London.

I see that. No surprises there. I didn't realize they caught up. As you know it's only certain areas of all places that are bad. There are many boroughs in London you get very little issues and others that are bad. I enjoyed going out in Birmingham but it was definitely rough in some areas. York is a nice city. Leeds is in West Yorkshire and I had a great time the 2 times I have been there. I doubt any US guys are visiting Birmingham or Yorkshire on their holidays though.

I see that. No surprises there. I didn't realize they caught up. As you know it's only certain areas of all places that are bad. There are many boroughs in London you get very little issues and others that are bad. I enjoyed going out in Birmingham but it was definitely rough in some areas. York is a nice city. Leeds is in East Yorkshire and I had a great time the 2 times I have been there. I doubt any US guys are visiting Birmingham or Yorkshire on their holidays though.
I think they’ve always exceeded London to be honest mate. Glasgow had the highest knife crime rate in Europe some years ago.
The only reason I’d go to Birmingham would be to visit DY’s old gym, Temple if it’s still there. The city is an absolute spunk bag.
I’m not a fan of northern cities to be honest (no offense) although York itself is rather quaint and historic and I was surprised how clean Newcastle city centre was.

You’re born, you take shit. Get out in the world, you take more shit. Climb a little higher, take less shit. Until one day you're in the rarefied atmosphere and you’ve forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake, son.

Ugh I fucking love that flick!

PS - remember when I compared that weirdo here to Crazy Larry and he fucking freaked out lol?
No I don't but my memory is shit Ill have to search crazy larry and.yes.I am going to watch it here in a.few minutes I love it.as well.

I think they’ve always exceeded London to be honest mate. Glasgow had the highest knife crime rate in Europe some years ago.
The only reason I’d go to Birmingham would be to visit DY’s old gym, Temple if it’s still there. The city is an absolute spunk bag.
I’m not a fan of northern cities to be honest (no offense) although York itself is rather quaint and historic and I was surprised how clean Newcastle city centre was.

Obviously London is huge so it has the most knife crime by far but on a basis of population (per 100,000) I believe it's 3rd on the list. It doesn't really matter though and most major cities have similar issues. Yeah you seemed to have an issue last time on here with people from Liverpool (where I am from). It's bizarre to me when some people are anti-north or anti-south but it's very common. I like many places north and south.

Birmingham is definitely a shit hole but I guess you get good and bad parts of any major city. Temple Gym is long gone. Dorian's original Nautilus Pullover machine and few db's from Temple are in UltraFlex in Durham in their hardcore section. Liverpool is actually a really nice city and very friendly and I am not biased because I couldn't care less where I am from. Some parts of Liverpool are fucking horrible. Leeds reminded me of Liverpool in many ways. North Yorkshire is full of nice places like York and Harrogate. It's the likes of Middlesbrough and Hartlepool that show up as bad areas but even they can be nice. The UK is full of nice places and they are usually faraway from city centres but I always have fun on my city breaks (Edinburgh, Leeds, York, Manchester, Cardiff, Bath, Llandudno etc). As I stated most US tourists comes in and just go to London but I have come across a few who ventured up north to the likes of York and Edinburgh and they loved it.

You guys gave us Monty Python. For this, I am forever in your debt.

Obviously London is huge so it has the most knife crime by far but on a basis of population (per 100,000) I believe it's 3rd on the list. It doesn't really matter though and most major cities have similar issues. Yeah you seemed to have an issue last time on here with people from Liverpool (where I am from). It's bizarre to me when some people are anti-north or anti-south but it's very common. I like many places north and south.

Birmingham is definitely a shit hole but I guess you get good and bad parts of any major city. Temple Gym is long gone. Dorian's original Nautilus Pullover machine and few db's from Temple are in UltraFlex in Durham in their hardcore section. Liverpool is actually a really nice city and very friendly and I am not biased because I couldn't care less where I am from.
I think you’re thinking of someone else. I’ve not commented on scousers on here before. Anyway I’m a big fan of shell suits and moustaches and as long as my car hasn’t got any wheels missing when I conclude my visit of Toxteth i generally leave Liverpool for the south in a reasonably good mood.
That’s Ant Bailes’ gym where the legendary pull over resides now isn’t it??

So what is the fascination with Brits doing mostly low dosed Test cycles?

Also, it seems there's to be some popularity of throwing in 70mg Tren Hex as well. Is this for a nutrient partitioning effect?

Also, it seems there's to be some popularity of throwing in 70mg Tren Hex as well. Is this for a nutrient partitioning effect?
Bunch of idiots mate. To be honest though it does seem to the trend on awful Brit forums such as ukmuscle which are plagued with keyboard bb’s parrot posting some shite they’ve seen on YT. I doubt (hopefully) it’s actually what anyone worth listening to is doing. I can’t say for sure though because I’ve been away from the scene for a few years.
Low test alongside primo, mast and var seems to be the order of the day when it comes to a PED cycle, with gh over 5iu ed being shunned upon. These retards also advocate cuffed lat raises, single arm pull downs and barbell rows are seldom seen. What a fooking joke.

Everyone is on the safer PED use model.

I think it's just a natural consequence of the more vocal coaches putting that information out there and everyone following the free information.

It's analogous to the shite the evidence based crowd puts out about low protein, high RIR, high volume training. The more vocal guys are putting that information out so it gets heard and repeated and creates an echo chamber.

It's not what any coaches who are actually good are doing though. I hope.

Birmingham is definitely a shit hole but I guess you get good and bad parts of any major city. Temple Gym is long gone. Dorian's original Nautilus Pullover machine and few db's from Temple are in UltraFlex in Durham in their hardcore section. Liverpool is actually a really nice city and very friendly and I am not biased because I couldn't care less where I am from. Some parts of Liverpool are fucking horrible. Leeds reminded me of Liverpool in many ways. North Yorkshire is full of nice places like York and Harrogate. It's the likes of Middlesbrough and Hartlepool that show up as bad areas but even they can be nice. The UK is full of nice places and they are usually faraway from city centres but I always have fun on my city breaks (Edinburgh, Leeds, York, Manchester, Cardiff, Bath, Llandudno etc). As I stated most US tourists comes in and just go to London but I have come across a few who ventured up north to the likes of York and Edinburgh and they loved it.

I did my undergrad in Liverpool, UoL of course not 'No Hope'.

Great place to live and great people in my experience. I've still got friends there and I'm going over next month to see a friend.

Lived right in Kensington in my final year, right next to Gym21. Whether it was rough or not didn't actually effect me because the locals just left the 'stoodies' alone. So it was sound.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws