over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HIIT or Low intensity

Creation

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just curious what kind of cardio everyone does either Offseason or precontest?

I typically do HR at 150 for 30 minutes 3-5 days/week, but I have been thinking about adding sprints/HIIT to really increase my cardio ability

How old are u? I wouldn't define 150bpm as low intensity....usually its lower...

23, I never said 150 was low intensity.. the HR just makes me feel like im actually working

Just curious what kind of cardio everyone does either Offseason or precontest?

I typically do HR at 150 for 30 minutes 3-5 days/week, but I have been thinking about adding sprints/HIIT to really increase my cardio ability

Creation,

I have messed around over the years with HIIT training, long duration cardio training with a lower heart rate, spinning, and every possible combination of time/intensity.

I am convinced that for maximum fat loss, cardio conditioning and no muscle loss, HIIT is the only way to go. Regardless of pre contest or off season.
I'm not suggesting you do this, but I do two 20 min HIIT sessions/day.
If I was to only do one session, I would do what you do, 30 mins, but change it to HIIT.

If using a treadmill, use elevation only, not speed to increase your HR.
If using bike, same thing, increase your HR by increasing the resistance.
If using step mill, use step speed.
From my own personal experience, I do not like eliptical motion and feel I get more benefit from any of the other three choices.

After a 1 min warm-up, go at it. I think your 150 HR should increase to about 160 during the difficult phase. But let it lower to 115-120 during the rest phase. I do my am session with one minute intervals and my pm session with 30 second intervals. I do a 1 minute really easy cool down at the end of either.

I find it difficult to use the treadmill with the 30 second intervals because it takes too long to get the incline up to where I need it, that's just the nature of how the treadmill operates. The bike or stepmill/stairmaster is almost instantanious regarding level changes, so I prefer them most.

There are many who believe that cardio training in the off season mode should be avoided because it may sarifice muscle. I would agree with that theory if someone was doing 90 minute sessions 6 days a week.
HIIT training will only increase your muscle building abilities because it will increase your recovery rate, thus allowing you to train with more intensity and less rest. Plus HIIT training will keep you in a fat burning mode long after you're finished.

All this is based 100% on my own personal experience. Although I have read many studies regarding this that support this, many will still disagree.
That's OK. But if you're curious, give it a shot. I think you'll be pleased with the end result.

BTW, check out my THINK TANK thread. This is the kinda stuff talked about or just ask the same question on my site, and see what kinda feedback you get from other guys, with lots of time in the trenches as well.

Peace,

Mack

Thanks for the reply.... I'm going to have to try it out and see how it goes... Do you ever do hiit after weight training?

Thanks for the reply.... I'm going to have to try it out and see how it goes... Do you ever do hiit after weight training?

Yes.
My first HIIT session is done on an empty stomach, first thing followed by my first weight session immediatley after, followed by my 1st meal.
My second session is done post workout after my weight workout and after
3 or 4 meals.

Knowing this fact; that for maximum fat burning it should be done on an empty stomach. But if that doesn't work into your schedule, post weight training would be a better choice than pre weight training, for fat loss purposes.

I hope this helps and doesn't add confusion into your plan.

Mack

Yes.
My first HIIT session is done on an empty stomach, first thing followed by my first weight session immediatley after, followed by my 1st meal.
My second session is done post workout after my weight workout and after
3 or 4 meals.

Knowing this fact; that for maximum fat burning it should be done on an empty stomach. But if that doesn't work into your schedule, post weight training would be a better choice than pre weight training, for fat loss purposes.

I hope this helps and doesn't add confusion into your plan.

Mack

The ONLY thing I would mention is that HIIT on an empty stomach does NOT necessarily burn more fat, but it DOES in fact put you in an extremely catabolic state.

HIIT cardio should be treated LIKE A WEIGHT-LIFTING SESSION--done on a full stomach, with plenty of calories already consumed. This way, you still reap all of the HIIT benefits(extreme calorie burning, EPOC, calories burned after, accute biochemical and hormonal responses; HGH, IGF, testosterone) without the risk of muscle-loss.

How in the hell are u supposed to do HIIT on a FULL STOMACH? That makes no sense...

How in the hell are u supposed to do HIIT on a FULL STOMACH? That makes no sense...

How are you supposed to WEIGHT-TRAIN on a "full stomach" either? You don't train LITERALLY with a full stomach, it's just a way of saying that you've had a meal, and you are not due for another feeding. Your glycogen stores are full and you have plenty of calories to fuel your workout--be it HIIT cardio OR weight-training.

So what if you were to 15gram dose BCAA's prior to HIIT, done on a completely empty stomach, would u still go catabolic then?

That's what I do, HIIT in the AM on an empty stomach with about 20g of BCAA.

HIT fuel

HIT morning cardio Pre food:

We took Gh or GH peptides 1 hour before with yohimbine and directly Pre workout took 15-20g BCAA.

I think we would have more FFA in bloodstream and bcaa to serve as fuel for HIT. Even though FA oxidation is very low at Hit intensity.

1. Would insulin response from bcaa blunt the yohimbine effect?

I think I'm gonna do this:

0500: ghrp/grf 100mcg. Topical yohimbine hcl, 500mg green tea extract
0600: 20g bcaa. Then 20 minutes jump rope. 1 minute crazy, 1 minute power walk. (my shoulders can't handle the lactic acid to slow jump right now cuz mu jump rope has weighted handles)

The ONLY thing I would mention is that HIIT on an empty stomach does NOT necessarily burn more fat, but it DOES in fact put you in an extremely catabolic state.

HIIT cardio should be treated LIKE A WEIGHT-LIFTING SESSION--done on a full stomach, with plenty of calories already consumed. This way, you still reap all of the HIIT benefits(extreme calorie burning, EPOC, calories burned after, accute biochemical and hormonal responses; HGH, IGF, testosterone) without the risk of muscle-loss.

I understand the point ur trying to make and makes perfect sense to me. First thing empty stomach do medium to high intensity cardio. After weight training (which would be later in the day obviously and after consuming 3-4 meals throughout the day) do the HIT cardio after weights.

I just don't see HIIT on an empty stomach being extremely catabolic, especially if your using HGH and AAS. Most of the guys I know, will either take BCAA or l-glutamine prior to their morning cardio sessions.

Mack is a mutant....works out on an empty stomach..it works for him.....

But HIIT cardio on an empty stomach isn't the greatest idea....If you have nonglucose available and HIIT is anaerobic....what do u think your body uses for fuel?

Not to mention you can work harder after a meal. With HIIT not much fat burning at all happens during the session...its the EPOC....so why put yourself at a disadvantage and not be able to work as hard during your intervals?

I just don't see HIIT on an empty stomach being extremely catabolic, especially if your using HGH and AAS. Most of the guys I know, will either take BCAA or l-glutamine prior to their morning cardio sessions.

See Plang's post right above^ ;)

He has his beliefs and I have my own. Let me ask you this, do you really believe there in no glucose in your body when performing fasted cardio?

He has his beliefs and I have my own. Let me ask you this, do you really believe there in no glucose in your body when performing fasted cardio?

I KNOW FOR A FACT that when your HEART RATE ELEVATES past a certain point, your body will use carbohydrates for FUEL. If you don't have any stored carbohydrates in the form of glycogen, the body will BREAK DOWN AMINO ACIDS(MUSCLE TISSUE) AND OXIDIZE THEM FOR ENERGY!!

LOW INTENSITY CARDIO in the morning would burn mostly fat..but less total calories..

Layne Norton did a piece on it a while back. Ill see if I can find it. He's a Dr btw....

BNS, not sure but for some reason it just seems people want to contradict and argue with you.

Like Plang said, on an empty stomach works for Mack - not that it doesn't work but it is more recommended to do this type of cardio session with fuel in your body, majority of people would prefer to have fuel prior to working out regularly and this type of cardio session is a workout in itself.

You've made your statement, and as someone suggested maybe on GH/AAS catabolic state might be minimized and the overall percentages may be minute but ultimately defeat the purpose of always wanting to be in an anabolic state and avoid catabolic state at all costs. To each their own...

My only recommendation is for those that want to try it and take bcaa's pre - do it, see how it works for you. If it does great, if not change something...all i know is at 5am in the fucking morning there is no way in hell i'd be able to do this type of cardio session without something in my stomach, so I will stick with my 30 mins LI cardio with a good steady HR.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jakestan2001
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws