over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finding Career with felony record

Well said man. I changed a whole lot in my time locked up-for the better. I did not have an attorney just a public pretender so i got crucified but i dont blame nobody but myself becuz my actions led to my troubles. I am happpy with the man i have become.

Well said man. I changed a whole lot in my time locked up-for the better. I did not have an attorney just a public pretender so i got crucified but i dont blame nobody but myself becuz my actions led to my troubles. I am happpy with the man i have become.

Same here bro. Some of us are lucky and are able to change ourselves.

Most of the ppl I met in jail just got stuck in that old cycle of jail, street, jail, street.

I made myself a better person and I have no regrets.

Yeah alot of the guys i met were locked into being locked up -doing life a dime at a time. My celly got me a job on his rig and 1I month later he violated and was rolled up again. I dont do drugs or drink my life is work family and gym. If you ever want to try out the oilfield let me know. I am the toolpusher on my rig- we have the best safety record in the company and several of the fastest holes within the company. I am actually working on my degree in petroleum engineering right now and i am up for a promotion to drilling superintendent if all goes as planned not bad for a Con.

I have experience managing health clubs and training. However, I am also a convicted felon. How hard will it be for me to secure the financing needed to open a small (5000 sqft) fitness facility? Are there any programs or SBA type stuff that might help? man its frustrating....

I do not believe this background check applies to banks or someone like SBA offering loans. My wife and I recently remortgaged our house for a lower rate and we got it. No question was asked about our backgrounds. However, I have found out within the last 3-4 months that if you are going to modify your life insurance for an increase. They will (may) ask you about your criminal history.

Let me explain, I recently increased my life insurance policy. My agent ran me though a bunch of companies and said I can get you a great rate if you pass a background criminal check with this one company. I said, send me the policy and I'll answer it truthfully. Which I did. I told them I had an M1 & M2 on there, and explained it's very old and those cases were closed. Insurance company pulled my criminal check and since I was honest and everything was as I stated, I got a very favorable rate. This leads me to believe that other insurances companies (if they haven't done so already) will be following suit as some companies are already doing.

Yeah alot of the guys i met were locked into being locked up -doing life a dime at a time. My celly got me a job on his rig and 1I month later he violated and was rolled up again. I dont do drugs or drink my life is work family and gym. If you ever want to try out the oilfield let me know. I am the toolpusher on my rig- we have the best safety record in the company and several of the fastest holes within the company. I am actually working on my degree in petroleum engineering right now and i am up for a promotion to drilling superintendent if all goes as planned not bad for a Con.

Where abouts are you located?

hey KRUNKKID...i feel ya brother...i don't have any felonies, but have been locked up on more than 1 occassion....i'd try the trades...i am a union iron worker...shit i think EVERYONE i work with has a felony, or at least 1 st degree misdeamenor...trades pay great money, and you actually learn something NOBODY can take away from you...it's a great deal...as long as there is work.

right now my rig is in north dakota but we have rigs in colorado, montana, wyoming and utah. you would not have to relocate because floorhands (entry level) work 1 week on 1 week off or 2 week on 2 week off. you pay your own travel but housing while on hitch and sometimes food is provided. my hands stay in a holiday inn and their food is catered by the hotel restuarants kitchen. i stay on the well site in a trailer and have to cook my own food lol but i have a full gym in my trailer

right now my rig is in north dakota but we have rigs in colorado, montana, wyoming and utah. you would not have to relocate because floorhands (entry level) work 1 week on 1 week off or 2 week on 2 week off. you pay your own travel but housing while on hitch and sometimes food is provided. my hands stay in a holiday inn and their food is catered by the hotel restuarants kitchen. i stay on the well site in a trailer and have to cook my own food lol but i have a full gym in my trailer

r u the guy who hires? or are u a worker? u say a new guy works 1 week on-1 week off or 2 on 2 off? and pays travel?? what do your new guys make to start a week??

I hire for my rig but becuz of my reputation if i recomend a guy he will generally get hired or moved up on the list. We dont pay travel but we pay room and sometimes the camp is catered depending on location. Starting wage in ND is 30.53 an hour for floorhands sometimes can be less if we think guy is dumb lol. In 7 days u work 84hours. In Wyoming starting wage is 29.57. Not sure in utah/colorado. It is hard dangerous work and not for everyone. Btw weather and the pace i lose 1anything guy per month. Sometimes another to a piss test or whatever. Everything on the rig can kill or maim u. Everythng weighs 100lbs too lol or more. Not a job for everyone. Plus you gotta deal with all types of people like on one of my best crews it is 3very violent felons 1 mormon and an ex male dancer no joke but they kickass somehow. In ND we get bonus for completing wells in under 24daysthe 200 a day. Plus 25you a day safety bonus-no accident pay basi ly. My rig has made bottom hole bonus 5r times this year and not had an accident since 2008. We are kicking ass so far. Lots of new trucks boats harleys and all the shit my guys buy. I feel like i am on top of the worl.

One thing I learned in jail.... never judge.

There are always multiple sides to a story...

and whatever the law accused you of... doesnt always mean its what you did.

I got banged for "distribution of cocaine"...

I sold .2g to a friend.

So am I a big time drug dealer selling kilos for the cartel?

No.

I also got banged for burglary.

Well it was my home. That my name was on the lease.

But my girl had put a restraining order on me cuz I threatened her brothers best friend with a knife (a guy who at the time was twice my size)... cuz he came into my home and tried to beat my ass because I said he was a douche. (which he was)

But since she had a restraining order on me... I couldnt go in my own home.

So one night I went in and got some clothes cuz I was living without anything.

And that got me a burglary charge.

Seem fair?

There are thousands of ppl who are locked up for shit that honestly wouldnt stand up in court IF we could afford fucking lawyers.
I got popped for gear. First offense and the DA wanted to give me 7 years. It was still me breaking the law. It was my fault. We all judge, and a violent felony means you did some bad shit to another person. You put your hands on another person, and unless you were protecting somone then I have no sympathy for you. People that are physically violent have tendency to justify themselves. Yes, I judge people. Most people do whether they admit it or not.:)

Alot of people whom commit crimes feel justified in doing for one reason or another. Like i said i did my time and have not reoffended. I have been out7 years and not even a parking tickt. I live a good life now and if u knew me in person u would prollylike me most people do

One thing I learned in jail.... never judge.

There are always multiple sides to a story...

and whatever the law accused you of... doesnt always mean its what you did.

I got banged for "distribution of cocaine"...

I sold .2g to a friend.

So am I a big time drug dealer selling kilos for the cartel?

No.

I also got banged for burglary.

Well it was my home. That my name was on the lease.

But my girl had put a restraining order on me cuz I threatened her brothers best friend with a knife (a guy who at the time was twice my size)... cuz he came into my home and tried to beat my ass because I said he was a douche. (which he was)

But since she had a restraining order on me... I couldnt go in my own home.

So one night I went in and got some clothes cuz I was living without anything.

And that got me a burglary charge.

Seem fair?

There are thousands of ppl who are locked up for shit that honestly wouldnt stand up in court IF we could afford fucking lawyers.

dude that is fucked up like hell. was she on the lease?

dude that is fucked up like hell. was she on the lease?
Yep.

There were dudes locked up for pretty much the same thing that werent allowed on their property, that they had the deed for, all because their woman lived there. (and she didnt have the deed or any claim to the property at all)

If the woman got mail there, specifically bills, they have every "legal" right to get the guy who owns the property kicked off of his own property.

The legal system is a joke.

I also have a felonies for drugs. Most jobs only go back so far like 10 years. It has been 8.5 years For me. It has been a hard time. I just recently found a place where they asked "if you been convicted of any other than a misdemeanor in the last 7 years ?"
So it is a process .. Just got to keep working at it.

Ive got one too and mine is over 11yrs for a drug offense. Its hard as hell to find a job. I have a friend who has his PHR (Professional Human Resource) title and hes told me that alot of companies just throw away apps as soon as they see felony conviction. No questions asked. Im in NC and I cant find shit. Theres alot of jobs where Im located but I cant get one and like I said its been over 11yrs. No one wants to give anyone a chance it seems like anymore. But all you can do is keep putting in apps thats all I do. Get someone to do your resume for you professionally and put it on indeed.com and other job sites. Ive had some interviews but unfortunately I didnt get the jobs cause of the felony.

College or Tech school is a must, so with that said a felony drug conviction will disqualify you from financial aid so you're probably going to have to pay for it yourself or go through a private loan... Try to go for business or some field where you can either start your own business or do not need to be so heavily scrutinized (aka your criminal history). Its obviously easier said than done. It's pretty fucked up how this system is that even after you paid your "debt to society" you are still just a criminal. I hope things work out for you bro

Looking at things objectively alot of felons reoffend so i can kind of see why some companies wont take us for work. Also alot of cons are instuionalized and carry the prison swagger with them for years afterwards. I used to hoard food and not even know why, i also used to eat my food real fast all hunched over it with my left forearm blocking my plate, i used not look people in the eye, worst of all i used to let little slights of mouth piss me of shit that dont even bother a squared up straight lacer but would be be enough to bust a fool upside the headon the yard. Luckily my woman is a good one and i found god cuz i would of most likely went back for some du,bshit.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws