over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Etiquette

Read a little more here a direct quote from the USA section

"In some jurisdictions, unless a caretaker relationship (such as a parent-child or doctor-patient relationship) exists prior to the illness or injury, or the "good Samaritan" is responsible for the existence of the illness or injury, no person is required to give aid of any sort to a victim"

So no he isn't legally obligated to do anything, the law only protects him from lawsuit incase while helping in good faith he hurts the person further

You always help someone out in this situation and that should go without saying. You have to be a real fcking dick not to, and you don't need to lecture someone afterwards.

A few years back this guy from the gym was squatting 405 and his leg gave out and was on the ground with all the weight crushing him by his chest and neck with his leg buckled underneath him still, there were probably at least 15 people closer to him than me but they all were just looking and doing nothing. I sprinted over to him and pulled the 405 off of him and till this day the guy thanks me every time he sees me.

Maybe he knew his limits but got a cramp or something else.Either way i think "he learned his lesson".

I guess I'm on the other side of the fence. When I see someone get trapped, I let them do what they need to do to get the bar off them. Since I work at the gym, I see these guys trying way too much weight and they need to be taught a lesson. If guys want to lift with their ego, go ahead, but don't expect me to help. Oh, and no one has gotten up and thrown a dumbell at me afterward.

To Kalaydrn:

Yes I did ask for help and I did not know nor have I ever heard that I have a legal requirement to help someone in trouble in a gym. And before you ask I would help anyone in trouble in the gym.

Its the same thing as if you were driving down the road and the cars in front of you got into an accident. If someone got injured or died and you did not stop to help you would be charged with failure to render aid.

I almost always train alone. Right now I workout at a very high end gym that is a great facility, though it's definitely an impersonal, standoffish meat market. I'm married and could give a fuck about all of that. I'm not looking to make friends, as most of the guys in there seem like douche bags anyway. I blast my ipod and generally only talk shit to the weight and to myself. That being said, I am always aware of what's going on around me. And whenever I see someone working out alone and upping weight, I'll always take a second to let them know that if they need a spot to just let me know. And I don't think twice about asking for a spot during heavy bench or heavy squats, and most of the serious guys in a gym won't think twice about giving it.

Anyone who would simply watch or walk by doesn't deserve to be in there.

I guess I'm on the other side of the fence. When I see someone get trapped, I let them do what they need to do to get the bar off them. Since I work at the gym, I see these guys trying way too much weight and they need to be taught a lesson. If guys want to lift with their ego, go ahead, but don't expect me to help. Oh, and no one has gotten up and thrown a dumbell at me afterward.

So you honestly think that ego is the only reason someone may get into trouble with weight?! Really?! What if it was Tenny when his pec tore? Was that his ego?! And as an employee of the gym it should be your obligation to make sure people are safe and help if needed. And apparently you have some pussies at your gym if they've allowed you to watch people in distress and keep walking.

:banghead: This is why most people in the general public think of bodybuilders as douchebags. Come on. Help the poor bastard out. The same can happen to you. Karma. What goes around comes around.

So you honestly think that ego is the only reason someone may get into trouble with weight?! Really?! What if it was Tenny when his pec tore? Was that his ego?! And as an employee of the gym it should be your obligation to make sure people are safe and help if needed. And apparently you have some pussies at your gym if they've allowed you to watch people in distress and keep walking.

So YOU can't tell the difference between someone who is in the gym to lift SERIOUSLY, and not recklessly, who may hurt themselves then a GYM CLASS HERO, who puts on too much weight to impress his friends or others who may be looking in his general direction??

I asked the question because this happened to me a couple of years ago and some clowns on the bench next to me just looked at me as if I were crazy for attempting such a monumental feat and just left me there with 245 on my chest. I had to roll the bar down to my waist and climb out from under the bar while one side hit the floor with a loud clang. Probabbly my most embarrasing moment in the gym.

you need to find a new gym bro! screw that! i woulda been mucho pissed if noone helped me. as to the thought i should know my limitations.........if your working out correctly.......you are ALWAYS pushing the limits. i am constantly monitoring the benches when im there to make sure another bro dosnt need a hand. its just the decent thing to do

Help him out of his predicament and try to minimize his embarrasment. That is a perfect opportunity to make a new friend. You just never know how this new connection might have a very positive outcome in your life in the near or distant future.

Allll this here^. Right on. I agree that we should know our limits, but anytime you push ANY weight long enough, it will become too much. So I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt or help regardless.

On a side note, I was in the US recently at a 24 hour and it was actually great. Lots of looky-loos, young guys strutting around. But inside 2 workouts, the other Bros and serious girls found me, asked for spots, talked training after we finished. Even had dinner with the 2 girls and one of the guys later in the week. Nice folks. I think sometimes we get back what we put out.

It doesn't matter what I thought of the person, I wouldn't leave somebody in trouble. Tom was right you never know who you may meet. That being said this thread is dumb

So YOU can't tell the difference between someone who is in the gym to lift SERIOUSLY, and not recklessly, who may hurt themselves then a GYM CLASS HERO, who puts on too much weight to impress his friends or others who may be looking in his general direction??

if hes got freinds there.....he wont need my help. im not sure how the hell a person could accurately determine if a person is lifting "seriously" or " recklessly". i guess if the dudes 150lb trying to bench 315 maybe....either way im gonna help a bro out! its not my job to determine someones mental state of being before i help him get the damn bar off his chest :banghead: its my job as a decent guy.....to lend the bro a hand.

I never said they were in distress or hurt. We do have some pussies out our gym and if you worked out there you would be one of them, because you wouldn't say shit to me either. And another thing. Why do guys go heavy on the flat bench? Why not just use dumbells.. I guess I just believe in safety first and don't understand why you would put your self in danger of injuring yourself by getting trapped under a bar. That being said, of course I would help someone out if there were no one else around. I'm not going to let someone get injured. Trust me, I see so much dumb shit on a daily basis, I just have to ignore most of it and let people make their own mistakes.

Last edited:
I never said they were in distress or hurt. We do have some pussies out our gym and if you worked out there you would be one of them, because you wouldn't say shit to me either.

Queefer, you realize you're a pussy fart, right? Seriously, you loose credibility and respect every time you post. I think you're one of the quickest on this board to jump on someone who disagrees with you. You're sad bro and a little pathetic.

And loose the tough guy attitude. Guys like you are the first and quickest to fold up on the street.

Easy you help him out and then offer a spot in the future if he ever needs help.

There could be any variable in this and if you walk by him your an idiot. Case and point. I can easily hit 315 10+ times. I strained my pec once (had a spot) and only got 3 reps. I could have probably of finished the last rep but I might have torn my pec if I pushed. Normally weight this light I wouldn't have a spot but my rule for my self is any barbell work outs I do, I have a spot period light or heavy. If I didn't have that spot I would be sitting there pissed with 315 on my chest.

Queefer, you realize you're a pussy fart, right? Seriously, you loose credibility and respect every time you post. I think you're one of the quickest on this board to jump on someone who disagrees with you. You're sad bro and a little pathetic. And loose the tough guy attitude. Guys like you are the first and quickest to fold up on the street.
Wow, you keyboard warriors are getting old. Why don't you go back to getbig and play with the other teenagers.

Help him out of his predicament and try to minimize his embarrasment. That is a perfect opportunity to make a new friend. You just never know how this new connection might have a very positive outcome in your life in the near or distant future.

THANK YOU! That is what a true man does, help out and be very nonchalant about it so as to not embarass the poor guy. Don't lecture him etc, just help him out and tell him if he ever needs help again to just ask you. Maybe next time he goes to lift heavy he might ask you for a spot.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131