over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Competitor question

Real Steele

Registered
If you qualified for juniors with a 5th place finish would you go or hold out for a win in your class at a different qualifier?

If it where me i would only go to the Nationals if i where to win my class.
If you just want to compete in it that is another story only you know.

Last edited:
Im out either way having had surgery 15 weeks ago, but was curious. I figured if I dont win here even if im top 5, juniours would be tough to place

Hell no. If you are not top 2 you have no business being at a National Level. AND I ONLY SAY THAT because some guys that finish 2nd are merely qualifying and not putting all their weapons on the table hoping to peak soon afterwards.

Ive never even heard of this top5 stuff? This is whats wrong with these National Level shows that go 16hrs....too many people that don't belong there.

I sat in on a meeting with the npc committee today and top 5 qualifies for jr usa and jr nationals. Top 2 for nationals. I thought it odd. even overall winners get smashed at nationals, so why would they offer you a slot for top 5 at juniors?

If you place first in your class, how long does the national qualification last? One year?

If you qualified for juniors with a 5th place finish would you go or hold out for a win in your class at a different qualifier?

I placed 2nd in my class at the largest qualifier in my state. I won't step on a national level stage until I win an overall at a qualifier. I come from wrestling, and I've seen many "Top in state" guys get slaughtered at the national level. It's a lot of money to go to nationals man, don't go until your ready to place top 5.

I sat in on a meeting with the npc committee today and top 5 qualifies for jr usa and jr nationals. Top 2 for nationals. I thought it odd. even overall winners get smashed at nationals, so why would they offer you a slot for top 5 at juniors?

MONEY.

Well, I qualified for provincials. Which is a national qualiifier. Not sure how your NPC teirs r

But i sat out year one, trained hard an am doing it this year, my last available time, even taking time off. I'm with you thinking unless top3. Shouldn't do
But I know going in I lack genetics and my plan is to just improve from my last show
I will train ass off hoping for top 10 but unlikely. Just going for personal best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it depends if you came 5th because you were simply in terrible shape with plenty of fat left to lose. In that case keep dieting and you may have a totally different result even though it's a national level show.

I placed 2nd in my class at the largest qualifier in my state. I won't step on a national level stage until I win an overall at a qualifier. I come from wrestling, and I've seen many "Top in state" guys get slaughtered at the national level. It's a lot of money to go to nationals man, don't go until your ready to place top 5.

Excuse my ignorance but is there an admission fee or something when competing at different shows or are you referring to the cost of the gear and food and everything else?

Travel and hotel stay namely. Admission for a national level show is slightly more expensive as well. Admission tickets are more expensive as well if your paying for family to join. Food as well since especially if your flying to the location.

Like K said, it's all about the money.

It doesn't matter where you placed or even if you won an overall...if a competitor cannot look at themselves and realistically see a shot at PLACING (top 15) at Nationals, I don't think they have any business there.

It's bad enough that there are now droves of new "Pros" every year that aren't going to make the impact of a spit in the ocean without the extra 15-20 people in each class that don't have a chance of sniffing the Top 10.

Maybe it's just me and I'm becoming an old curmudgeon, but if you're not there to WIN, what's the point???

I've "qualified" for Nationals multiple times, but I'm nowhere near stupid enough to delude myself into thinking I belong on that stage, qualification or not.

It's a real pity that more competitors don't have the ability to be as realistic. Having hundreds of competitors at a National contest makes almost as much sense as wiping before pooping...it just doesn't matter. Nationals was 15 minutes from my front door last year and I didn't go because I'm not paying my $$$ to watch a 37-hour show where MAYBE 25% of the competitors actually belong on the stage.

Crap...sorry for the rant!

What a person "placed" or how they "qualified" doesn't matter. They should be honest with themselves and ask "I'm qualified...but am I truly QUALIFIED?"

Last edited:
I've been nationally qualified for the past 4 years (and have had several class wins) but it wasn't until this year that I (and my coach, Shelby) thought that I was actually ready to make the jump to the national level. It's a huge jump in competition from anything you will see at the local and regional level.

Delusional is the name of the game! It's a common problem here in 'Murica. I think a lot of these guys and girls have people blowing smoke up their asses. It's a shame they don't have the insight to have realistic expectations. I was a stones throw away from nationals last year too. No thanks.

Wiping before pooping. I'm going to be using this in the next couple hours. :D

It doesn't matter where you placed or even if you won an overall...if a competitor cannot look at themselves and realistically see a shot at PLACING (top 15) at Nationals, I don't think they have any business there.

It's bad enough that there are now droves of new "Pros" every year that aren't going to make the impact of a spit in the ocean without the extra 15-20 people in each class that don't have a chance of sniffing the Top 10.

Maybe it's just me and I'm becoming an old curmudgeon, but if you're not there to WIN, what's the point???

I've "qualified" for Nationals multiple times, but I'm nowhere near stupid enough to delude myself into thinking I belong on that stage, qualification or not.

It's a real pity that more competitors don't have the ability to be as realistic. Having hundreds of competitors at a National contest makes almost as much sense as wiping before pooping...it just doesn't matter. Nationals was 15 minutes from my front door last year and I didn't go because I'm not paying my $$$ to watch a 37-hour show where MAYBE 25% of the competitors actually belong on the stage.

What a person "placed" or how they "qualified" doesn't matter. They should be honest with themselves and ask "I'm qualified...but am I truly QUALIFIED?"

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Travel and hotel stay namely. Admission for a national level show is slightly more expensive as well. Admission tickets are more expensive as well if your paying for family to join. Food as well since especially if your flying to the location.

Slightly? For bodybuilding its $300. If you apply the final week(late entry) prior to Nov 6...its $500.
Host hotel.....179+
Travel.....another several hundred.
NPC Card....$120

Admission tickets are 120/100/80 or something like that...
Prejudging 60

Is it any wonder why they are adding a top 5...or increasing entry fees and NPC card costs? Because people keep paying it. It's become a cash cow now for certain promoters who are smart enough to set their shows up successfully. This top 5 or even top 3 bullshit I caught wind of last year is just that...bullshit. Top2 qualify per class with men and top3 for women from 5-6 yrs ago was more than good enough.

And we've talked about this Knight, so you know what I'm about to say...

Even THAT was bullshit. If you can't win you CLASS, you do NOT deserve to go to Nationals. Top-Anything is bullcrap. Win or go to Nationals/USA as a spectator.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131