over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNP to clear receptors?

MightyJohn

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Is this myth or true and if true what dose? For how long? Thanks.

Never heard this before, sounds like some mythology.

the androgen receptor clearing is a myth because androgen receptors dont get "clogged" or whatever.

its proven that the more androgens you put in your body the more androgen receptors are created and their lifetime is also increased.
(numerous studies on that)

theoretically though anything that speeds up metabolism is going to increase the rate your body gets rid of toxins and whatever, so some receptors might be cleared. but not androgen receptors :D

Don't know about cleaning receptors but will improve insulin sensitively and drop bf% meaning easier to grow post DNP.

If you meant to ask if you'll get a good anabolic rebound, the answer is yes, assuming you lean down with the DNP. In fact, any time you cut or lean down, you will have a better anabolic rebound. Same science applies.

No this was a Borreson theory, as well as the rebound and I have a friend with a who's got a degree in endo that swears it actually cleans up/refreshes burnt receptors...I always thought it was a myth

I do agree with the rebound thing though...just like post show rebounds

No this was a Borreson theory, as well as the rebound and I have a friend with a who's got a degree in endo that swears it actually cleans up/refreshes burnt receptors...I always thought it was a myth

I do agree with the rebound thing though...just like post show rebounds

Get your buddy to send you some data, some hard facts would be nice to see in support of such a theory.

For those "old enough" to have had a subscription to Dan Duchaine's Dirty Dieting newsletter, this was a theory he had back in about 97 or so. If I remember, there really wasn't any science behind his theory. I think more than anything, he threw that out there to get more people to try DNP itself (Dan was a little twisted like that)

I can so however, whenever I used DNP back in the day (10+ years ago) it always seemed to keep my metabolism somewhat elevated for extended periods after- like 5-6 months. This is back when we did 8 day runs of it and started at 200mg and worked up to 600mg on the last few days. This was also before crystal DNP. Again, this is all just subjective thoughts on it

I love the way dnp makes you so insulin sensitive. I can run 200mg/day for two weeks and when I come off I can eat almost anything I want for the next two weeks and not gain that much fat. Unfortunately I never stop after those two weeks and keep smashing pancakes and eggs every meal and have to do it all over again lol.:D

Get your buddy to send you some data, some hard facts would be nice to see in support of such a theory.

I'm agree with You and he can't that's why I started this thread

I love the way dnp makes you so insulin sensitive. I can run 200mg/day for two weeks and when I come off I can eat almost anything I want for the next two weeks and not gain that much fat. Unfortunately I never stop after those two weeks and keep smashing pancakes and eggs every meal and have to do it all over again lol.:D

I love that too

You seriously use enough to even think about clearing your receptors?

If you meant to ask if you'll get a good anabolic rebound, the answer is yes, assuming you lean down with the DNP. In fact, any time you cut or lean down, you will have a better anabolic rebound. Same science applies.

What is the science? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I am just curious. I would really like to see the pathways and hard science behind the effect that has been well documented anecdotally.

I assume the effect is primarily due to increased insulin sensitivity and with less fat to exert its metabolic effects such insulin resistance.

What is the science? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I am just curious. I would really like to see the pathways and hard science behind the effect that has been well documented anecdotally.

I assume the effect is primarily due to increased insulin sensitivity and with less fat to exert its metabolic effects such insulin resistance.

I'm not sure, someone pointed out I might be wrong. Science or not, the rebound still works in similar ways.

Wouldn't that mean not taking another drug? I've never seen anything legitimate on this topic. Wouldn't taking a drug that prevents mitochondria from producing ATP be more counterproductive than just... taking a break from gear to REST your body?

It's just not logical. I mean, you're not prepping for the open heavies at Nationals, so why stress your body even more?

Any evidence to support this at ALL? Seems like 99% broscience (1% margin of error).

Last edited:
Sounds like a good excuse to get some DNP in the name of science of course.

Ha ha, im in the exact same boat, went off, looked greatfrom 188 to 195 lbs in two weeks, the following 2 up to 209, not looking so good after that, lol
Back on the diet September 1st..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311