mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone here make fun of people at the gym?

there are a few times in the gym, like balled out laughing.

1)some moron was walking around the gym carrying a fake WWE championship belt on his shoulder while lifting, i kid you not.

2) there is a guy called mullet man at our gym who walks in, in a full suit, with luggage on wheels behind him. he literally dresses up like someone out of a 80's richard simmons video. he wets his hair back, puts his sweat band on and rocks his workout. my dad said he literally has been doing the same routine since the 80s. only reason why i laugh is because there will always be someone who sees him and goes WWWWWOOOOOOO!!! like the ric flair noise.

3) i used to laugh everytime i saw this one skinny little runt. not because he was a skinny little runt, but because he would wear gucci sunglasses WHILE lifting. i laughed because they were blatantly women's glasses.

i chuckle everytime i see a zumba class also. because i know they will all be at the frozen yogurt around the corner after.

and i laugh everytime i see the out of shape trainers trying to talk to someone about eating right or what exercises to do. their 8 hour course (it is a franchise) is a joke. i actually had to intervene one time in a training session. there was a 60+ year old woman, who clearly never did anything in a gym before, and the trainer had her doing dumbbell squats on a bosu ball. she kept falling. i finally went over there and said, i would stop doing those before he kills you. and said to the trainer you should know better.

i will never, ever laugh at someone who is obese or something who is trying to help themselves. at least they are trying.

Yo theres this lady that trains in slowmo at my gym literally, her nickname is slowmo, she does everything in perfect form but its almost like shes on a shitton of xanax while training. She even walks in slowmo.. i dont make fun of her but me an 2friends just chuckle a bit about her, but the worst part my friend who works at the gym said hed fuck her... we told him hed have to fuck her in slowmo or it would not be acceptable

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Lift people up, don't put them down.

Remember, to the regular world, we as bodybuilders with swollen appendages and rope sized veins are the freaks. Never forgot that!

I believe it best to be kind to everyone. I sure appreciate when people are kind to me. ;)

Haha
I feel like a dick now. I love going to the gym because some of the people who frequent it make me laugh. I don't film them or make fun of them but I do laugh pretty hard.
Last night this Asian kid who dresses/talks/walks like Tupac tried to pick up a 120lbs dumbbell to do whatever Tupac does at the gym and ended up falling over still holding the dumbbell and it landed on his leg. I actually laughed out loud and didnt feel bad for him because he is a disrespectful little fuck. He squealed like a little girl and writhed around on the gym floor. It also broke his phone which he has clipped to his shorts with some sort of rap music turned up so loud I am surprised he isn't deaf.
I also laughed at the red spot in the hot girls yoga pants crotch.
I really laughed at the fat kid in the full UnderArmour uniform that grunts obnoxiously while bench pressing 135 pounds while laying on a stability ball with his gallon jug of chocalate milk and foot long subway sanwhiches he munches on in between milk swigs, stability ball benches and piss breaks.
The only time I have ever commented was when this old dude was absolutely destroying the Ozone layer with his hour long shit. The entire locker room stunk and the aroma was actually leaking out into the gym. I yelled "Coutesy flush do you speak it."
He actually flushed then continued dropping bombs.
I have honestly never heard such loud shit plops or smelled such a horrid death aroma.

Lift people up, don't put them down.

Remember, to the regular world, we as bodybuilders with swollen appendages and rope sized veins are the freaks. Never forgot that!

I believe it best to be kind to everyone. I sure appreciate when people are kind to me. ;)

This is right on. I never have made fun of anyone in the gym because everyone is there to get better. We were all the small guy once, there is no way around it. If one of the huge guys at my gym had made fun of me when i first started it would have crushed me. If i see a younger guy doing stuff wrong ill try to give them a little advice.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule. At every gym there are a few douche bags who think they know everything and are just there to hit on girls.. I make fun of them as they are old enough and big enough to defend themselves. They deserve to get hazed....

But a skinny, scrawny kid who is in the gym trying to gain some size, or an over weight person who is trying to lose a few pounds should never be made fun of. They are most likely minding there own business, so people should not go out of there way to bust their balls. If you see someone giving them a hard time tell them to try making fun of you and see what they say...

Had a guy doing what appeared to be some crazy shit while making random noises working those cable crossovers. Looked funny, but turned out that the guy had cerebral palsy!!!! :-/

The older I get the less I judge people.

There is so much hate in bodybuilding it really turns me off to tje sport.

I like that Kali Muscle guy who says strong people lift others up.

The older I've gotten (38yrs) the more the gym has become a place where I am part of a community and lifestyle. This is just my experience. I like to think I am there to encourage and support everyone in their fitness goals.
I do see funny stuff all the time and sometimes have thought it would be funny to see a group of pics of the funny stuff you see at the gym but putting on Facebook really seems like a low blow. I don't like anyone who is an elitist it thinks they are better than anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess im a dick...

ive been wanting to make a compilation vid and posting it here of everybody in my gym getting into the smith machine backwards.
you know...so they roll the bar towards themselves to lock it.
it fucking cracks me up...
I guess they do it because there is no mirror to look at yourself in if you get in it the right way,but if you use it backwards you can look at yourself across the room.
fucktards.

I try to have a good attitude in the gym but...

I guess im a dick...

ive been wanting to make a compilation vid and posting it here of everybody in my gym getting into the smith machine backwards.
you know...so they roll the bar towards themselves to lock it.
it fucking cracks me up...
I guess they do it because there is no mirror to look at yourself in if you get in it the right way,but if you use it backwards you can look at yourself across the room.
fucktards.

I try to have a good attitude in the gym but...
This is where I say it is a matter of perspective. In some circles you would get made fun of for using a smith machine period..lol

There's a lady at my gym that uses the chest press machine that has the safety assist that you push with your feet. She uses it to exercise her legs. Another person uses the curl machine that each side moves independently to curl like he's arm wrestling it. Whatever works for you and gives you the results you're looking for I guess.

I'm guilty...I have a hard time working out around guys who have no clue...every single time I go to the gym, I see a guy doing crazy shit....it does disturb me...I try to ignore, but I cant. Today a really old man was wearing blue rubber gloves and doing the low pulley row with so much weight it looked like he was going to break...all he could do was use his legs and lower back to rock the weight...then another guy was doing the incline barbell press and coming down one inch....then another guy smelled so damn bad I wanted to barf....I had to keep moving so I didnt smell his aftermath....not to mention the 15 highschool kids who had on shirts that were ripped and didnt even cover their nipples...oh, and the old guy who was skinny fat and had the tback tank top and also had a bushy brown wig......honestly all this was true.

Lmao at everyone who acts like they've never made fun of someone in the gym.. your full of shit

Lmao at everyone who acts like they've never made fun of someone in the gym.. your full of shit

Hell right now I'm making fun of this gigantic jackass in the gym right now. Only problem is I'm the only one here [emoji12]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ3cRBcPU-Q]Expert Instructional Video: Using Lat Machine - YouTube[/ame]

Lets see the tough guys at your gym try to make fun of that :D

I try my best to be a good person, but yes, you're right. I've been guilty of having mean thoughts towards others at the gym. It's a constant struggle to be a kind person. One guy at my gym has an odor that lingers for ten minutes after he walks by. It's like a cloud of stink you can almost see. It literally gags me. But I try to ignore it. Literally, two months ago, I was that guy omitting stench everywhere I went unknowingly until I finally realized the DMSO I was megadosing causes ungodly stink that will clear a room. I had no idea. Apparently, the person using DMSO is unable to smell the odor they omit. I bathed 3 times a day and used mint breath listerine several times a day but it didn't help. Finally, after days of people saying the room smelled like fish, sour milk, and corn, I googled DMSO sides and learned that the person drinking the DMSO is unable to smell the odor. In fact, if you consume a little yourself then you won't smell the odor of yourself or others as well. Anyway, long story short, try to be kind to everyone. It isn't always easy, but karma is a Bitch!!!

There are loads of people at my gym that look funny doing what they are doing and who know, maybe I look funny to them. But it's my program and their program is theirs. I really try to go through life without judging people. I mean, who am I to do that. And if I can help someone I will. I don't think it's right to record someone who doesn't know they are being recording. You can think what you want, God knows I do. Maybe even share with a buddy but to publicly humiliate someone says a lot about self.

If watching the Number 1 and 2 bbers in the IFBB act childishly turned me off so much, you can imagine what I think of someone who's achieved much less ridiculing someone they feel lesser than them. Sad but typical.

Since day one, I was fortunate enough to have someone more knowledgeable assist me if they though it would benefit me and I've remembered that and passed it on. I think it's your responsibility the moment you become a member of a gym or club to help those less fortunate than you i.e., without experience. I don't know why this became a hobby of 'lat spreaders' as they used to say, but it has and I just wish there was more of a brotherhood than a schoolyard mentality.

G.

EDIT: recording someone to ridicule them is cyber-pussy bullshit. Grow a set, risk looking stupid to your crew of bullies, and help that person. Be willing to look uncool and give someone a break. That person will think you're cool cause you are not cause you're a heartless asshole like them.

Last edited:
I try my best to be a good person, but yes, you're right. I've been guilty of having mean thoughts towards others at the gym. It's a constant struggle to be a kind person. One guy at my gym has an odor that lingers for ten minutes after he walks by. It's like a cloud of stink you can almost see. It literally gags me. But I try to ignore it. Literally, two months ago, I was that guy omitting stench everywhere I went unknowingly until I finally realized the DMSO I was megadosing causes ungodly stink that will clear a room. I had no idea. Apparently, the person using DMSO is unable to smell the odor they omit. I bathed 3 times a day and used mint breath listerine several times a day but it didn't help. Finally, after days of people saying the room smelled like fish, sour milk, and corn, I googled DMSO sides and learned that the person drinking the DMSO is unable to smell the odor. In fact, if you consume a little yourself then you won't smell the odor of yourself or others as well. Anyway, long story short, try to be kind to everyone. It isn't always easy, but karma is a Bitch!!!

I can agree totally, everyone should always strice to be the best most kind person they possibly could be but it is asinine for us to all say we dont make fun of people.. i mean lets face it people are funny, but whats truly wrong is when people maje fun of others out of hate... having a good laugh has nothing wrong to it but alot of people misconstrue making fun with talking shit

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
NWO