over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Impact of Gym Atmosphere

As long as I have the equipment I need, I could train in an empty shed and be unfazed
This is EXACTLY my take. All that matters to me is the equipment. I’ve even suffered going to a gym with no air conditioning just because I liked certain machines they had. I also loved training after midnight when the gyms were empty - I hate crowded gyms. I actually prefer an empty gym than hearing weights banging around.

I can train anywhere and get a good workout. But my favorite places have been real pits. Steel plates that rattle. Old hardcore equipment that i don't see elsewhere that can hold literally a ton or weight. They usually are not the cleanest and the dust bunnies should get a rabies shot.

I’m with you. Luckily I train at a gym like this now where everyone is serious and knows each other. Everyone trains hard. Lots of hot women who are serious into fitness.
I’ve always been very competitive and during my session I see everyone as my “enemy” or someone I’m competing with, and it drives me to be the strongest and hardest working in the gym. Of course everyone hangs out afterwords too, and provides a social aspect for me.
One of the best feelings is cranking out a PR on deads and the whole gym stops to watch. That’s why I liked competing in powerlifting too. The gym replaced sports for me and ticks the box for my competitive nature

Do you think Ronnie and Branch would be the same without Metroflex? I feel like they had the same competitive attitude
Probably yes but It’s hard to say cause it’s not just the gym but even more so the training partners.

At more serious gyms it’s easier to form a solid crew to train with. I think the savages are going to be savages regardless.

However many people never find that savage inside of them. There’s probably a lot of branch warrens and Ronnie Coleman’s out there that never got exposed to an environment like theirs.

Btw one of the gayest most cringe posts ive ever read. I don't intentionally listen to other men grunt, if they do - who gives a fuck but why do you FEEL something from this?

My old gym had a retired 55 y/o male and female stripper couple who would loudly spot each other on every single exercise and somehow make it look like an obscene public sex act.

I don't think I set any PR's while the silver bunnies were thumping.

Probably yes but It’s hard to say cause it’s not just the gym but even more so the training partners.

At more serious gyms it’s easier to form a solid crew to train with. I think the savages are going to be savages regardless.

However many people never find that savage inside of them. There’s probably a lot of branch warrens and Ronnie Coleman’s out there that never got exposed to an environment like theirs.
Ah yeah that’s what I meant, not just the location, but the members inside the gym

I would never be the person or lifter I am today if I didn’t walk into my first hardcore gym in East Cleveland at 16 years old, watching and getting mentored by total savages.
I wouldn’t have learned to train how I do if I walked into a commercial gym with rules against grunting, no chalk, and a clientele of normal people, soccer dads/moms, and old people
The equipment is one thing, but it’s really the people that makes a gym atmosphere

I feel like even most bodybuilders on here were never exposed to “hardcore” gym culture starting out. Before IG and all that it was a truly underground subculture and scared away normal people. I was lucky to grow up in Ohio where there were tons of gyms like this

I see a lot of posts where people say they’d rather have the gym empty or they don’t care where they train. Or “there’s a hardcore gym but it’s 20 minutes away and there’s a life fitness 10 minutes away from my house”. I used to drive an hour one way to train with a crew in an amazing dungeon of a gym. I don’t understand the attitude behind not caring where you train or wanting to train in a quiet library. Atmosphere makes a lot of difference

This is EXACTLY my take. All that matters to me is the equipment. I’ve even suffered going to a gym with no air conditioning just because I liked certain machines they had. I also loved training after midnight when the gyms were empty - I hate crowded gyms. I actually prefer an empty gym than hearing weights banging around.
This. It's all about the equipment and the gym being NOT crowded. My biggest issue is around here...it just doesn't matter which gym you go to...330-6 they are all packed with assholes sitting around on their phone clogging up equipment. I guess on the plus side...the fact they aren't even training hard and not getting results hopefully they will give up and find a new hobby besides hanging out in a gym browsing tik tok

Ah yeah that’s what I meant, not just the location, but the members inside the gym

I would never be the person or lifter I am today if I didn’t walk into my first hardcore gym in East Cleveland at 16 years old, watching and getting mentored by total savages.
I wouldn’t have learned to train how I do if I walked into a commercial gym with rules against grunting, no chalk, and a clientele of normal people, soccer dads/moms, and old people
The equipment is one thing, but it’s really the people that makes a gym atmosphere

I feel like even most bodybuilders on here were never exposed to “hardcore” gym culture starting out. Before IG and all that it was a truly underground subculture and scared away normal people. I was lucky to grow up in Ohio where there were tons of gyms like this

I see a lot of posts where people say they’d rather have the gym empty or they don’t care where they train. Or “there’s a hardcore gym but it’s 20 minutes away and there’s a life fitness 10 minutes away from my house”. I used to drive an hour one way to train with a crew in an amazing dungeon of a gym. I don’t understand the attitude behind not caring where you train or wanting to train in a quiet library. Atmosphere makes a lot of difference
Yea I think it’s especially important when you’re younger to teach you how to actually train hard. And be around people more experienced than you. I had some of my most brutal training in dungeon gyms and training partners stronger than me. We didn’t wear headphones but would play heavy metal or gangster rap over the speakers and push each other.

I do fine at commercial gyms now but I built my foundation in warehouse gyms for 12 years.

When people ask my how long I’ve trained. Well…. 20 years if you wanna count the bullshit high school football lifting but really only 14 years of actual hard training for competition. Cant believe I’ve come out unscathen thus far.

This. It's all about the equipment and the gym being NOT crowded. My biggest issue is around here...it just doesn't matter which gym you go to...330-6 they are all packed with assholes sitting around on their phone clogging up equipment. I guess on the plus side...the fact they aren't even training hard and not getting results hopefully they will give up and find a new hobby besides hanging out in a gym browsing tik tok
So people need to all conform to your ideals because you’re the only one who’s not an “asshole.”

When I join a gym it takes three days MAX to figure out the best time FOR ME and MY COMFORT. I go during those times and never loose a moment of workout time complaining angrily about the tik tockers.
And when I’m really lazy.. I just ask an employee the busy times and funny enough I’ve never seen a tripod setup or camera while at a gym.

Could care less as to what is going on around me. I wear noise-blocking ear-covers and stay inside my own head.
Others are a distraction.

Only thing I miss in having a home gym (hit chicks for eye candy would be okay too). I'm plenty self motivated but environment and crew raises everyone's level. You can't be 10/10 every day but on your sub par days you will migrate up. If your 4 man crew shows up a 3/5/6/8 one day, everyone will migrate upward towards the 8. Natural for humans. I really miss the camaraderie and everyone pushing each other. Granted probably more important in strength sports but I love it and miss it terribly.

So people need to all conform to your ideals because you’re the only one who’s not an “asshole.”

When I join a gym it takes three days MAX to figure out the best time FOR ME and MY COMFORT. I go during those times and never loose a moment of workout time complaining angrily about the tik tockers.
And when I’m really lazy.. I just ask an employee the busy times and funny enough I’ve never seen a tripod setup or camera while at a gym.
I'm definitely an asshole...alot of gym goers are. I have no problem with assholes who use the equipment appropriately. Just the ones who use it as a lounge chair to scroll tik tok.

I think a solid training partner is the biggest thing that matters for me. I had trained with a buddy of mine for 10 years, people would always ask if they could work in with us. We always said yes, but very few people actually returned. Most were like I got a job and shit I can't be that sore. My buddy said we just pay our bills with reps from the gym...lol

I always like to go to the gym as much as possible with a vibe but I noticed at certain gyms there is none and you create your own. I go to two diffrent gyms one is more hardcore the other is mainstream. I like going to the hardcore one but its out of my way from work at times and traffic is a mfer on weekdays. So I go to other gym and well? 😏.
I do enjoy cadio there for the visuals thou.😋

Have you ever noticed how the sound of clanking weights, the thud of dumbbells hitting the floor, and assorted screams and grunts in the gym create a unique atmosphere?

For some, these sounds are more than just background noise they're an essential part of the workout experience. They create a sense of intensity and focus, almost like a symphony of determination echoing through the gym. It's not just about the physical exertion; it's about the mental attitude the feeling of being in the zone, pushing yourself to new limits.

These sounds can be surprisingly motivating, serving as a constant reminder of the effort being put in by everyone around you.

They form a sort of communal energy, uniting everyone in their pursuit of bodybuilding and lifting hevy weight goals.

It's not uncommon to find yourself getting swept up in the rhythm of the weights, feeding off the energy of others as you push through your own sets.

But im guessing , not everyone sees it this way.

For many these sounds might be nothing more than distractions, disrupting their focus and hindering their workout. I guess it can get obonoxious at times but also Ive got the evil eye from some before.

They might prefer a quieter n peaceful and serene environment to exercise in.

So, what's your take on it?

Do you thrive on the energy of the gym, finding inspiration in the sounds of hard work being done all around you?

Or do you prefer a quieter setting, where you can concentrate without the distraction of clanging weights and enthusiastic grunts.
100%. I was just talking to my friend about this. My intensity and focus just isnt the same if i lift at home. Im not sure if the atmosphere has a psychological effect or just the fact that im cognizant of the fact that im paying for it is a bigger motivator. Nah prolly the fitchicks in scrunchbutt pants idk

Atmosphere helps you lift more weight, anyone who has competed in a powerlifting or strongman event knows that. But those are occasional events, I don't know how that works when it comes to training every day in split routines.

Dorian trained alone and created his own atmosphere.

Atmosphere helps you lift more weight, anyone who has competed in a powerlifting or strongman event knows that. But those are occasional events, I don't know how that works when it comes to training every day in split routines.

Dorian trained alone and created his own atmosphere.
Dorian had a sick ass training partner though lol. Anyone watching blood and Guts listening to his training partner (forget his name) screaming at Dorian gets pumped up just watching it.

I prefer my home gym. It's quiet. No one is fucking around on the equipment I want. No one to tell me I'm not allowed to load more on the bar.

But when I'm training events for a strongman contest I prefer to lift with a team. Encouragement, thinking through events together, bunch of friends strong enough to pick each other up off the floor if it goes wrong.

Commercial gyms... better than nothing, but I can't stand the people. Fuck gen pop.

Does not matter to me. ANC Ear buds in, metal cranked, and then just zone out. Shit, most sets I do with my eyes closed.

All your motivation has to come from you, external factors really should not matter. Are you going to train harder because others train hard? What if those people do not show up? Do you just have a shitty workout? Do you need someone yelling "All you!!", "You got this!!"?

Dorian had a sick ass training partner though lol. Anyone watching blood and Guts listening to his training partner (forget his name) screaming at Dorian gets pumped up just watching it.
Leroy Davis. A savage. And borderline masochist.

Dude I remember when I first had joined a gym there were guys that would yell and slap each other. I wonder whatever happened to that?? Dudes at the pec-deck and needs to be slapped in the face to get a good set in.....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131