over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DEFY THE MEATHEAD STEREOTYPE!!

how about being a follower of christ? that's usually not associated with being a gym addict.

then again, lee haney and ronnie coleman and phil heath are all open christians. heck, jeremy buendia(mr.o in physique) is too. lol...wait mark anthony(last year's mr.o in physique) was also christian.

hmmm so every guy who won physique was an open christian.
ok well my turn (soon?):D

Oh, I dunno. I just have a lot of other interests and don't talk about bodybuilding or gear topics except with other BB friends, of which I have maybe 1.

Also own a business that has nothing at all to do with BB. And teach at a University. I guess these are not "meathead" type things?

I've had students tell me they were surprised the first time they saw me, but that's about it.

I think the term meathead is like calling someone a nerd, just a misunderstanding of interests. There are cool people who are into computers and science fiction. Just like there are cool bodybuilders. Once a person stops stereotyping, is when their world opens up and they learn to adapt.

although it is hard blending in when a dude weighs 60-80 Pounds more than their coworkers or collegues.

hey do you Work out?...............A Little, I tried the 30 day challenge from Bow Flex................;)

I feel in order to be sucessful at anything in life, you have to be obsessed. That being said, when people ask me " wow, do you bodybuild or do you weight train" I glady say yes. I dont feel it is a shameful thing at all. I feel it is how you handle yourself.

Now the term, meathead is kind of ironic. Reason being, for you to actually see drastic results and grow major amounts of lean muscle tissue you have to have vast knowledge of food, supplements, drugs, training and most importantly what works for YOU. Like i said its ironic because people use the term meathead as if you were an idiot and had a low IQ but in reality I feel people that bodybuild or weight train are very smart because you have to be in order to see results. Well unless your genetically blessed but even then, you still need to know what works for you.

We are very extreme people. We have probably the hardest work ethic and will power more than 99% of the population. People rarely relate to us. As a matter of fact, i feel people are so quick to pass judgement on us but i have learned its not us, its the people passing judgement that are having a bad day or are insecure. i will tell you this, when i am training in the gym, i do notice when i walk to go to my next excercise, some dudes have the need to puff their chest out and grow imaginary lats. I think its the funniest thing ever.

-Baseline

The whole "we" and "us" - makes no sense. Is there some secret cult that I don't know about? I think its a little arrogant to say that "we" have the most will power and work ethic. I can GUARANTEE you that there are Marines that would wear you out with the amount of work they do and their dedication and will power. Not busting your chops man - but I have been doing this a very long time and I don't feel that I am in some different "group" than others. I would feel weird as hell defining myself as a "bodybuilder" ... There are MANY ways I would feel more proud to "define" myself if I had to choose a word.
I really do think some cats would be surprised at just how little it matters to others that we may be bigger and leaner.. Just because people may mention it - don't delude yourself into thinking its more than a passing thought to most.

I do not wear any type of Affliction clothing and designer jeans.

That a big stereo type among BB/gym rats/meat head/ect.

I only wear my "3cc's at a time" t-shirt twice a week.

Chris rivers, I failed.
I wear all that stuff. In my defense, I wore it before I even began lifting. Damn lol.

Lex - lmao

Whenever someone feels the need to make a silly comment about my physical appearance while we meet for the first time, he/she usually loses my interest instantly... said person thinks I'm a "meathead", well, to me he's just a brainless douche not worth my time. Next. :)

The whole "we" and "us" - makes no sense. Is there some secret cult that I don't know about? I think its a little arrogant to say that "we" have the most will power and work ethic. I can GUARANTEE you that there are Marines that would wear you out with the amount of work they do and their dedication and will power. Not busting your chops man - but I have been doing this a very long time and I don't feel that I am in some different "group" than others. I would feel weird as hell defining myself as a "bodybuilder" ... There are MANY ways I would feel more proud to "define" myself if I had to choose a word.
I really do think some cats would be surprised at just how little it matters to others that we may be bigger and leaner.. Just because people may mention it - don't delude yourself into thinking its more than a passing thought to most.

It's not about defining yourself by one specific criteria. I've been bodybuilding for 26 years and I would never define myself only as a bodybuilder. I prefer not to DEFINE myself at all, as that tends to psychologically limit people, but bodybuilding is a passion and a pursuit that I am certainly proud of and have no problem associating myself with. It's more about how the general population who are not involved in the pursuit of health/fitness/bodybuilding view those of us who are. Let's be real here, those of us who are engaged in this lifestyle tend to appear physically more muscular and/or healthier than most people. It's really about how those who don't perceive those who do.

Marvin, it sounds like you are busting my chops bro and the sad thing is you do not even know me! Lol I am not trying to be arrogant but simply stating the dedication, will power and following a rigid schedule to the T to acomplish the goals we set. Not only that, i am saying it does not "define you" i feel if that is all you think there is to life than you need to know there is so much more. I am saying its not a shamful thing. If people ask, i wouldnt shy away from telling them, i bust my ass in the gym. Im not saying i wear a "look at me im big and lean" shirt but when peole ask they ar obviously intrigued and want to know how you acomplished that. i think your taking what i say in the wrong contex. Look at all the positive thing you can apply to life learned through bodybuilding/weight training....i dunno im looking at it through optimistic glasses like i usually do.

-Baseline

Last edited:
It's not about defining yourself by one specific criteria. I've been bodybuilding for 26 years and I would never define myself only as a bodybuilder. I prefer not to DEFINE myself at all, as that tends to psychologically limit people, but bodybuilding is a passion and a pursuit that I am certainly proud of and have no problem associating myself with. It's more about how the general population who are not involved in the pursuit of health/fitness/bodybuilding view those of us who are. Let's be real here, those of us who are engaged in this lifestyle tend to appear physically more muscular and/or healthier than most people. It's really about how those who don't perceive those who do.

Method, I feel the EXACT way you do bro! It does not define me as nothing does but I have a passion for it and I truly love it! I look at it as an extremely positive thing as well!

-Baseline

Method, I feel the EXACT way you do bro! It does not define me as nothing does but I have a passion for it and I truly love it! I look at it as an extremely positive thing as well!

-Baseline

Interestingly enough, I tend to find that the overwhelming majority of bodybuilders/fitness enthusiasts to be confident yet outwardly humble. Like any population or "subculture" there will always be the few who propagate the negative stereotypes that truly do not represent the overwhelming majority of that group.

Chris rivers, I failed.
I wear all that stuff. In my defense, I wore it before I even began lifting. Damn lol.

Lex - lmao

Well good thing you dont wear designer jeans at least. You know the ones that have all the "cool" designs on the back pockets. About the shirts, a good 50% of the BB/fitness industry does. If not Affliction exactly, it is another one of those "hey im hardcore" type t shirt.

You give a shit what anyone thinks?
People that refer to us like that do so because they feel inferior. They are!
I have and still confront the whispers & back biters when I'm out in a store or where ever. They all do the same thing Blush, Shrink and cower away.
I really like the ones that I catch saying something stupid out the side of his mouth and he's got his wife or girlfriend with him.
I'm proud of what I do and I always have been.

The real downside is everybody's always asking me to carry stuff for them, including the heavy groceries, moving furniture up the stairs, pushing peoples cars, opening and breaking things, piggyback rides/showing my strength off in public, popping backs... And they alway say wasn't that a good workout you don't have to work out today.

And when I say "don't I look smart?" people say no you look like a meathead. To me in my head that is more of a compliment though, as that is what I really am going for I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Whenever someone feels the need to make a silly comment about my physical appearance while we meet for the first time, he/she usually loses my interest instantly... said person thinks I'm a "meathead", well, to me he's just a brainless douche not worth my time. Next. :)

Le Praecist!

There are only 2 ppl that I value there opinion,my wife and child.Everybody else could go F$$k themselves.Its my life I live it on my terms and nobody else's.Ppl always have negitve shit to say because there not happy with themselves and they project it on others.

I am in school for computer science or possibly will take it to engineering

It's funny when I tell people this in person when they ask, they're like whaaa - wow, that's cool

Yeah, specially how I dress - You're like a walking Nike store < Don't judge a book by it's cover. . . . Not that I care if you do ;)

Become an MD lawyer engineer and no one will call you a meathead...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws